PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul tied for 2nd in Florida!

tomveil
01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks to the wonderful "winner takes all" delegate system, the only person who's going to get any delegates at all is McCain. Everybody other candidate wasted time and money getting exactly the same amount of delegates we got!

Grandson of Liberty
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I like it- definitely a good perspective! :)

"Hey Mitt, how much did YOU spend for YOUR second place?"

ronpaulitician
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Romney, right?

kotetu
01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
That is definitely a good way to look at it. :)

pacelli
01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
The good news is that Ron Paul's voters may have made the difference between the winner - it looks like a close race for 1st. Way to stick it to 'em, grassroots!

RSLudlum
01-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks to the wonderful system of the "winner takes all" delegate system, the only person who's going to get any delegates at all in McCain. Everybody other candidate wasted time and money getting exactly the same amount of delegates we got!

Yes i like this way of looking at it :) but you also have to take into account the public's perception in upcoming elections of Mitt's 2nd place vs. our 5th :(

Grandson of Liberty
01-29-2008, 07:51 PM
The good news is that Ron Paul's voters may have made the difference between the winner - it looks like a close race for 1st. Way to stick it to 'em, grassroots!

"Make fun, buddy."

tomveil
01-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes i like this way of looking at it :) but you also have to take into account the public's perception in upcoming elections of Mitt's 2nd place vs. our 5th :(

We'll be able to focus on our victories soon as they come :)

freedom-maniac
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Any ideas on just how much money HQ spent in FL?

sidster
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
tomveil... definitely a positive outlook!

Austin
01-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I think none.. Or very very close to it.

steph3n
01-29-2008, 07:56 PM

a few thousand for a phone bank and a small office in a not so nice district.

GoDrNo
Thanks to the wonderful "winner takes all" delegate system, the only person who's going to get any delegates at all is McCain. Everybody other candidate wasted time and money getting exactly the same amount of delegates we got!

Post of the night honors to you my friend. I was getting all fired up reading all the doomers posting about how bad FL was looking. You made me lol and smile, thank you!

Arek
The offical florida department of state page has Romney edgin out McCain right now.

ladyliberty
absentee ballots will not be counted unless there is close tie between the candidates! all of those absentee ballots could very well have cost RP the election in FL... hate to be such a downer but its true... :(

idrake
01-29-2008, 07:57 PM

Took me a second...but I like it.

tomveil
01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Post of the night honors to you my friend. I was getting all fired up reading all the doomers posting about how bad FL was looking. You made me lol and smile, thank you!

Woo hoo! I'll add that to the "coolest one sentence post" honors I got after the NH Forum debacle :)

hvac ak47
01-29-2008, 08:15 PM
absentee ballots will not be counted unless there is close tie between the candidates! all of those absentee ballots could very well have cost RP the election in FL... hate to be such a downer but its true... :(

I dont think they would make a difference. Looks like we are gonna be like 800,000 votes from 1st place! :eek:

devil21
01-29-2008, 08:20 PM

And the winner only gets half of the delegates that he would have otherwise.