PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul And Iran

max
08-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Ron Paul is right to say we should stop provoking Iran. I just read the open letter to the American people that the President of Iran wrote months ago.

Read this, and tell me if this sounds like a man hell bent on destroying America.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/29/ahmadinejad.letter/

Kuldebar
08-04-2007, 02:31 PM
There are many misinterpretations and lies being bandied about by politicians and media concerning Ahmadinejad and what he has said.

Once again, comparisons to Hitler are shouted out and the cry of danger to civilization. Haven't we heard all this before?

Ahmadinejad may not be a nice man, I don't really know, but I'd rather have him as a guest in my home over George Bush.

I definitely know which one I believe to be more intelligent.

Many of our modern statists can't separate criticism of our government policy and actions from criticism of America and its people. That's very unfortunate because it feeds into the idea that our government actually represents the people, that simply hasn't been the case for a long time.

So, whether it's Ron Paul or Ahmadinejad expressing reasoned criticisms of U.S. Policies and actions, it inevitably gets turned into "attacking the American people".

jj111
08-04-2007, 02:33 PM
That is really an extraordiary statement.

ctb619
08-04-2007, 02:34 PM
That is really an extraordiary statement.

:D Classic reponse

Kuldebar
08-04-2007, 02:35 PM
That is really an extraordinary statement.

Seems to be a lot of those happening these days.

jj111
08-04-2007, 02:42 PM
That's really an extraordinary statement. That's an extraordinary statement.

Seems to be a lot of those happening these days.

I don't think I've ever heard that before, and I would ask the poster to withdraw that comment and tell us that he didn't really mean that.