PDA

View Full Version : maxed out donors, how do you get campaign materials?

AmyPA
01-29-2008, 05:27 PM
I maxed out back in Q3, and then had friends and family members order from the store for me a few times, but I've run out of people I trust to do the ordering.

Back in November, there was an email address we were supposed to send to for material requests. Then recently, a phone number was added for maxed out donors to call a "Colin Duffey" or something like that.

I called over a week ago and someone took my name/number and said they'd give my info to Colin to return the call. Nada. I used the "material request" on the contact form a few weeks ago as well, and recieved no response.

As of today, there is no number or email listed for maxed out donors to contact. How are we supposed to go about getting materials? (The state HQ is out... it's 2 hours away, and I don't drive.)

AmyPA
02-01-2008, 11:38 PM
*bump* anyone?

amy31416
02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Try the grassroots canvassing forum, they share materials quite often. Plus, you could find a meetup group or a reputable group that's selling their wares...

BreakYourChains
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Bump for an answer! Personally, I did not know that if one was maxed out with donations, that they couldn't order materials. Wow, tough one!

faisal
02-01-2008, 11:50 PM
State HQ's always send out free material... tons of it. Call them and ask them to mail it to you.

jb4ronpaul
02-01-2008, 11:50 PM
there used to be contact info right on the storefront, and you could ask that guy (eric?) to ship you stuff for free. I have done that and just received my stuff today.

Mark
02-02-2008, 12:12 AM
One of our local Precinct Leaders just sent in a bulk order for supplies. Is there any precinct leader around you that might know how to do that?

There might be some info here that might help.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/pennsylvania/

Edu
02-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Idea: Get the pdf file and go have some printed at a local printer.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/get-involved/downloads/

I used some simple paper flyers to attach to tips.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89313

ultra80
02-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Google for Ron Paul signs and just buy from a non-campaign store. That probably won't help with Slim-jims, but there is a project out there that prints Ron Paul issue cards on business cards... Hope this helps.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2008, 12:49 AM
I maxed out back in Q3, and then had friends and family members order from the store for me a few times, but I've run out of people I trust to do the ordering.

Back in November, there was an email address we were supposed to send to for material requests. Then recently, a phone number was added for maxed out donors to call a "Colin Duffey" or something like that.

I called over a week ago and someone took my name/number and said they'd give my info to Colin to return the call. Nada. I used the "material request" on the contact form a few weeks ago as well, and recieved no response.

As of today, there is no number or email listed for maxed out donors to contact. How are we supposed to go about getting materials? (The state HQ is out... it's 2 hours away, and I don't drive.)

Basically, you will have to go through several hoops to get it done and even then, you're taking a chance.

Colin is in the office in the afternoon. So don't bother calling before then. When you do call, ask the person answering the phone if Colin is in. They might tell you they don't know. Ask them to go find out. Either way, you'll end up getting transferred and will probably get his voicemail. Since you're there, leave one. But, call back again, if they told you he was in and ask them to please go ask him to pick up the phone. They may argue with you a little bit, but be insistent (Especially if you have tried before and not been called back).

Colin will take your order if you're maxed out, but remember to ask him to send you a shipping confirmation. Otherwise, you will wait a long time, call back and realize that in fact, he dropped the ball and never ordered it. I know this from experience on more than one occasion.

Good luck.

UnitedWeStand
02-02-2008, 12:54 AM
You can also buy the glossy cardstock paper that the store slim jims are printed on at an office supply and download the slimjims you need from the campaign site.

If you, or any other readers of this thread are maxed out and are still able to help, consider donating to Ron Paul's congressional campaign. Just yesterday there was a shameful $35 on the ticker. And while youre there make sure you read the letter to you from Ron, its good=)

www.ronpaulforcongress.com

blamx8
02-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Amy,
My wife and I order signs, stickers, beanies, DVDs, and shirts from 3rd parties. That way I figure I'm not taking our donations back out of the campaign.

For slimjims, though, I do go right to the campaign. I've gone through about a thousand and just recieved about a thousand more from them. Keep calling back until you get Colin and if the number isn't showing just call the # that everyone else calls and tell them your situation.

There are a number of good companies/people that are not in it to make a killing, just to earn a living and provide a good product. I am certain that some of these are not making a profit at all, just covering overhead. I've been very pleased with every one of these contacts and their products.

Here are the sources I've used.
Auto window static cling stickers- http://developer10.com/~mike/rp2.jpg (picture only) sickmint on this forum is the person I bought them from and the price for 130 was great.
Ron Paul yard signs- ronpaulyardsigns.com
DVDs- ronpauldvd.com
Winter beanies- for these I just went to a local embroidery shop and ordered 200 of various colors. I had "Ron Paul for President" embroidered on them. They cost me about $7 apiece and the people I gave them out to love them.
t-shirts- I am talking with the people at nationalsportswear.com about getting something made up