PDA

View Full Version : my experience early voting in Tennessee today

BarryDonegan
01-29-2008, 05:22 PM
I live in Nashville, TN, a generally democrat-voting area. I went with my stepdad(who had never voted in a primary, a reagan converted republican who voted for Bush 2 times, etc. he felt Ron Paul was probably not going to win and a wasted vote, however i explained that you can't waste a primary vote, that he could vote for r paul in the primary, and if it didn't work out, vote republican to block hillary in the gen election. this logic worked for him. my mother, who was a lifelong democrat, also voted for ron paul, probably as a protest against the current democrats. she had to go to a different precint due to her current address.)

when i got there i noticed there was a huge sign for ron paul in the grass out front of the edmonson pk library early voting facility, and smaller signs for obama and clinton, no signs for any other republican. i also saw 3 ron paul stickers on the cars. i didn't notice any other campaign stickers on any cars. note this is early voting, and not a time of the day where it would be busy.

my voting situation was pretty hassle free, and i saw an application to work at the polls the day of the election, so i grabbed one, figuring i could work it and keep an eye on things.

there were only enough delegates for fred thompson and ron paul to fill a slate, which is good news for us. the others were missing a few. i voted for all delegates committed to dr paul.

i cast my vote for ron paul and matt collins(along with other delegates, i know matt is a poster here, so if you go to RNC, enjoy it!)

my mother, stepfather, step aunt and uncle also definately voted for ron already, as have many of my friends.

looking good for paul in TN.

danda
01-29-2008, 05:27 PM
good work. There's no Pro Life/Pro Family slate type nonsense is there?

txporchpisser
01-29-2008, 05:29 PM
awesome

BarryDonegan
01-29-2008, 05:34 PM
this is a primary election... so it doesn't work that way. we directly elect the delegates.
in a brokered convention this may matter a lot.

i have seen literally no effort from any other republican in TN besides Paul and Huckabee.

nc4rp
01-29-2008, 07:15 PM
nice

PimpBlimp
01-29-2008, 07:20 PM
I just early voted in Murfreesboro today. As did my mother and father. We all voted for Ron Paul.

My experience was similar BarryDonegans. Ron Paul had the most delegates on the slate, about 25. You could only vote for 12. There was also a section where you could pick 3 delegates for congressional district 6.

I noticed some familiar names in the delegate list. David H Perry and Cheryl M Scott, both of which post here I believe.

Overall it was an easy process with no shenanigans. Expect Paul to do very well here in Tennessee.

PimpBlimp
01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
bump for Tennesseans

mudhoney
01-29-2008, 08:29 PM
my mother, who was a lifelong democrat, also voted for ron paul, probably as a protest against the current democrats. she had to go to a different precint due to her current address.

What are the voting rules like there? Did she have to re-register as a republican prior to voting?

PimpBlimp
01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
What are the voting rules like there? Did she have to re-register as a republican prior to voting?

Yes its closed