PDA

View Full Version : McCain is out of Money - Romney and Ron Paul only candidates that can continue on

CareerTech1
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
CNN and MSNBC are all reporting that McCain is broke and that he needs to win Florida to even have a hope of raising enough money to advertise for super Tuesday.

Romney has his own money plus good support

Ron Paul has all of us!

Todd
01-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Let's hope he can't win and that will be the end of him. Then lets see them deny the Elephant in the room.

Mystile
01-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Huckabee went broke and suddenly everyone forgot about him. Hopefully McCain will follow, though it may be too late.

maiki
01-29-2008, 05:16 PM
McCain could probably still do well even without advertising, giving he is a media darling, though. I mean, who has *not* heard of McCain?

CareerTech1
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Donate!

wfd40
01-29-2008, 05:18 PM
I havent seen Huckabee on the tube since he went broke.. go figure.. funny how that works.

In other words.. pray for a McCain loss in FL..

Well constructed Commercials INFLUENCE far more large amounts of coverage on CNN etc... although, I would love to see excerpts from Paul speeches like they do for all of the other candidates.

JeffersonThomas
01-29-2008, 05:23 PM
was this on the tube or is there an article somewhere about this? I'd love to see it so i can spread it. thanks :D

austinchick
01-29-2008, 05:23 PM
I havent seen Huckabee on the tube since he went broke.. go figure.. funny how that works.

In other words.. pray for a McCain loss in FL..

Well constructed Commercials INFLUENCE far more large amounts of coverage on CNN etc... although, I would love to see excerpts from Paul speeches like they do for all of the other candidates.

well, he still has a devoted army of his 14 supporters though

JMann
01-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Don't these candidates pay to be covered? Seems like I've read that the campaigns pay the expenses of the journalist that cover their campaigns. I may be wrong but if that is the case it is the reason the coverage dries up when the money does and the fact that Paul doesn't get any coverage because he probably has never funded journalist to follow him.

dvictr
01-29-2008, 05:24 PM
its better for McCain to beat Romney so its Ron Paul vs McCain...

-

danda
01-29-2008, 05:30 PM
McCain would probably have more cash from deep pockets warmongers if it weren't for McCain/Feingold. blowback. :)

Carole
01-29-2008, 05:40 PM
If their supporters were so keen on them they would be rolling in money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we keen on Ron Paul??????????

Please donate-now is the time to ATTACK with money!!! :D:D:D::D:):)

Cindy
01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Paul needs to get a windfall of donations after Florida just so the MSM doesn't get any funny ideas that he is next to go broke.

Don't wait for money bombs. Send what you can tonight and tomorrow. Sell something, cash in change jars, whatever.

Madison
01-29-2008, 05:44 PM
McCain gets millions worth of free advertising from the media. This means nothing.

JeffersonThomas
01-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Paul needs to get a windfall of donations after Florida just so the MSM doesn't get any funny ideas that he is next to go broke.

Don't wait for money bombs. Send what you can tonight and tomorrow. Sell something, cash in change jars, whatever.

I am willing to sell my body if there are any of those sexy, hot, rich, Ron Paul ladies that I keep hearing about around Utah ;) :D All proceeds will be donated to HQ

Rhys
01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Don't these candidates pay to be covered? Seems like I've read that the campaigns pay the expenses of the journalist that cover their campaigns. I may be wrong but if that is the case it is the reason the coverage dries up when the money does and the fact that Paul doesn't get any coverage because he probably has never funded journalist to follow him.

qft

Kotin
01-29-2008, 05:51 PM
McCain would probably have more cash from deep pockets warmongers if it weren't for McCain/Feingold. blowback. :)

right you are.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Huckabee went broke and suddenly everyone forgot about him. Hopefully McCain will follow, though it may be too late.

He had to stop hauling his personal press entourage around with him.

RonPaulFTFW
01-29-2008, 05:56 PM
lets hope mccain doesnt win then.

cuz if he does he rides the gravey train for the next week to super tuesday.

pacelli
01-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Ron Paul has all of us!

He does, and I truly hope that all RP supporters (who aren't maxed out) give Dr. Paul the $5 million he needs by Feb 5.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't think anybody planned on advertising in all Feb 5th states, the main strategy was to go all-in and win an early state then get pimped by the media thereafter due to the new Super Tuesday format.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-29-2008, 06:00 PM
If McCain drops out before Feb 5th (obviously not) Romney is going to steamroll

Phunbaba
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Febuary 1st money bomb. Do it.

N13
01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
McCain gets millions worth of free advertising from the media. This means nothing.

QFT

This reporting is proof. It is a blatant call for cash to flow towards McCain.

Todd
01-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't think anybody planned on advertising in all Feb 5th states, the main strategy was to go all-in and win an early state then get pimped by the media thereafter due to the new Super Tuesday format.

Ooops! Sucks to be them.

mysticgeek
01-29-2008, 06:04 PM
My question is ... and excuse my ignorance on election rules ... but ... ok ... each individual can only donate $2,300 to the campaign right ... so why can Romney self fund his? Or Ross Perot back in the day?

AlbemarleNC0003
01-29-2008, 06:04 PM
QFT

This reporting is proof. It is a blatant call for cash to flow towards McCain.

He took matching funds, didn't he? He can only get so much for the primary race now. Everything else has to be used for the general election. I think the matching funds come out in March.

ionlyknowy
01-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Lets just hope that Rudy is right and he wins Florida, barring a Paul victory of course :)

jake
01-29-2008, 06:14 PM
so, we are hoping for a Paul win, or Mitt is Paul can't win

Yom
01-29-2008, 06:31 PM
He took matching funds, didn't he? He can only get so much for the primary race now. Everything else has to be used for the general election. I think the matching funds come out in March.

No, he was about to when the media started touting him again and declared his comeback. Then the money started coming back, so he held off on it.

Lord Xar
01-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Listen. Stop the wishful thinking.

The MSM gives ALL the Free advertising/publicity to the "appointed top tier" they need.

They DO NOT need funds, other than to pay for the staff and buildings. Otherwise, they get MILLIONS and MILLIONS in free front page news ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!

McCain will not drop out. IF the Ghouliani drops out it is because he can't win EVEN with money.

You all should know, money is just sugar for those other candidates...

Karrl
01-29-2008, 07:16 PM
BUMP!!

Been that way for a while....

Thats one of the issues I felt the RP campaign failed to realize and consequently Huckabee stole their show.

dircha
01-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Why are people still so clueless? If we wanted to run ads for Super Tuesday, we would had to have financed them already in most markets.

McCain could stop paying his staff and sit on his sofa from now until February 5th and the odds are overwhelming that he will get more votes than us.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-29-2008, 09:22 PM
He doesn't have to get more votes than us. He has to get more than Romney. If he doesn't have the money to be out there, he might as well get out of the race.

You have to be out in the states so the media has something to cover. It takes money to travel around and do all that stumping.

mcgraw_wv
01-29-2008, 09:22 PM
This win will FILL McCains coffers...
Anyone who think he's dropping out is fooling themselves...

BLuegreengrey
01-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Florida is a great state for the other campaigns to wear each other out.

hopeforamerica
01-29-2008, 09:31 PM
McCain made 7 mil in the first 3 weeks of this month. Another win and he will get enough money, and the media give him free advertising with all of the coverage. He's doing way too well to drop out. I wish he would, as I can't stand the man. I'm shocked at the idiots voting for him.

barrett203
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Donate + Become Precinct Leader + Bump

fj45lvr
01-29-2008, 09:39 PM
thats BS he'll get the money!! he took in how much this month already???

win and they give.