PDA

View Full Version : The Jax Video Project

JS4Pat
08-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I think our “Paint the Town Ron” Banner & Sign project presents a great opportunity to make a top notch YouTube video that will get our Jacksonville effort some national exposure.

Thanks to Terry Howard we have access to a very high quality video camera and I know we have the talent and creativity within this group to come up with a really cool finished product.

In case you haven’t seen the Memphis video – I copied the link below and it will give you a better idea of what I am talking about…

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFSCXIffv1s

We need to brainstorm on the content, including the right background music.

The Music

I have posted some sample suggestions for music that you can listen to at the following link:

http://www.getonyoursoapbox.com/uploads/mp3_files/

If we want to go with a local flavor we could use 38 Special or Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I put ThunderStruck by ACDC and The Who’s Bab O’Reilly for a high energy feel.

I included The Beatles Revolution and Buffalo Springfield's For What It’s Worth for a more classic feel.

I’m sure there will be many other great suggestions – so go ahead and throw out your ideas and we'll see if we can decide on the perfect song.

The Content

Just some general ideas I came up with…

1. Start out with the text:

Paint the Town Ron
Inspired by Memphis, TN
Perfected by Jacksonville, FL

2. Have some quick sound bites from different members of our group:

Why we love Ron Paul
I was a democrat but now I …
I never cared about politics but now I…
I am a mother and I support Ron Paul because...
I am a business owner and I support Ron Paul because...
I am in the military and I support Ron Paul because...
I am a student and I support Ron Paul because...
I am retired and I support Ron Paul because...
etc.

3. Show step by step video footage of the entire process (even if we have to recreate it):

Location of the production area
Placing the order(s) for materials
Setting up an assembly line
Stencil Cutting
Grommets
Painting
Mapping out our routes
Teams getting in their cars
Putting up the signs and banners around town
The finished product

4. Maybe have the last scene of the video a shot of the Ron Paul banners next to the “Jacksonville” sign on the I-95 overpass north of SR 210.

K_Gilmore
08-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I have a lot of experience editing video and creating music videos from a variety of material. I'd be happy (and honored) to create a YouTube video representing the Jacksonville effort.

The only concern is that I wouldn't be able to start on it until Aug 24th, when I return from a long driving trip. So if somebody else wants to create something sooner, please go ahead. Or, I can do it when I return and could have something ready the first week of September. If the videographer can save the raw footage, either on a DV tape or as captured files, I can take over from there.

RCA
08-06-2007, 08:36 PM
I think Baba O'Riley and Thunderstruck are excellent songs for a video. I also like "I Want to Break Free" by Queen. Here's the song below. It's best to listen to it by itself, really loud, but don't watch the video, it will kill the mood of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMrY8jysdg

:cool:

jabbott0
08-07-2007, 07:50 AM
I think Ken would be the better person to work on the video, as my time here in Jax is getting more and more limited... I will get the IT/Web folks together and get them started on the member photo/bio effort and also get going on the door-to-door maps.

My vote for the song would be "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who. Someone on a lyrics website called it "The anthem of the Ron Paul revolution." Any other well known song that mentions the words Constitution and Revolution would work too. :)

RCA
08-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Also, these are great:

The Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man

Queen - We Will Rock You

:eek:

K_Gilmore
08-10-2007, 11:30 AM
No reason we can't have several people create videos. The main thing initially is to get a variety of good usable footage. Then we can all draw from it to make something.

I'll be on the road for most of the next 2 weeks, so it might be pushing it for me to have something ready by 8-27. If somebody wants to make something sooner, by all means go ahead.