PDA

View Full Version : The Vote on Today's Economic Stimulus Package

vote4ronpauleeze
01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
It passed today 385-35....

I'm assuming RP was one of the 35 but I'm trying to find out. I'd like to see who the other 34 are....

Anyone have a link to find out how the voting resulted?

homah
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2008-25

vote4ronpauleeze
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks! Dr. No at it again!

I knew he would vote against it... it exacerbates our deficit and will not provide any material benefit. It's a charade.

Exarel
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
lol good old ron :)

Iwantchange
01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
This is ridiculous... short term gain, long term tragedy.

vote4ronpauleeze
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah, basically it's throwing debt at the problem (sound familiar? It's what got us in this mess), and it's going to be ineffective.

People getting $600, will use it to try and catch up with some of their debt (credit cards and mortgages), and therefore, it will not be freely flowing through the market. It will be covering interest to foreign investors whom a majority of our country has large debt with.

- It will not create jobs. (Who is go out and hire a bunch of new workers because people got one small check?)
- It's a tenuous "band-aid" approach to an over leveraged economy.
- It increases the national debt.
- It defers the problem, prolongs recession.
- It takes the money of everyone to give to others who made bad decisions on financing.

Our government is repeating the problem that got us here in the first place. Too much debt!

Join The Paul Side
01-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Good for nothing spineless Dems. Every Incumbent in both parties in Congress needs to lose their seats. Except for verified Ron Paul Republicans or Dennis Kucinich Democrats. :mad: