PDA

View Full Version : Delegate/Caucus speech handy??? need one pronto!!!

Eric21ND
01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
We choose delgates in a few hours!!!

Badger Paul
01-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Here you go:

Fellow Republicans:

I'm speaking to you today to ask for your support of whom I feel is
the best candidate the Republican Party can nominate for President.

I'm asking you to support a doctor who's delievered over 4,000
babies as a registered OBG-YN.

I'm asking you to support a man who's been married for over 50 years
with a large family of children and grandchildren.

I'm asking you to support a patriot who served his country in the
Air Force.

I'm asking you to support a Congressman who is considered
the "Taxpayers Best Friend" by the National Taxpayers Union. Who
never takes congressional junkets at your expense and always returns
the leftover funds for office back to the treasury.

I'm asking you to support an economist who believes in sound money,
a balanced budget and is against inflation and wastful deficit
spending.

I'm asking you to support a man of peace who believes the secuity of
this county begins at home.

I'm asking you to support a Republican who's ideas and values are
the same as great Republicans like Robert Taft, Dwight Eisenhower,
Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan and Robert Dole.

Today, I'm asking you fellow Republicans, to support a man who is
all these things and more. I'm asking you to support a man who can
lead our party to victory in Novemeber I'm asking you to support Ron
Paul. Thank you.

Ogren
01-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Check out this guys speech:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104177

Rahl
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Check out this guys speech:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104177

yes, i liked that speech very much

Ogren
01-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Do a search through the forums, theres been many speeches posted. I wish we had a subforum to collect them all.

and please do report back on the results of the caucus!

Eric21ND
01-29-2008, 03:42 PM
thanks guys!

Tronchaser
01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I kinda think that a canned "stump speech" is the worst thing you can do. The best thing, in my opinion, is to just honestly talk straight with the people, and speak from your heart. We're all USED to hearing the "Vote for my Candidate X because of Issue Y". I don't think speaking to them in this way will change anything.

The whole reason I was captivated by Ron Paul to begin with was that he spoke to issues from the heart, and with knowledge. I think we all need to do the same.

My two cents (devalued for inflation, of course)

Eric21ND
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Well its mostly a speech why you support them and be a delegate.

Shink
01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Well its mostly a speech why you support them and be a delegate.

Mention his baby delivering, but hammer home how the economy is something he's dedicated his life to understanding. Mention how gas and milk and everyday necessities are through the roof in price. Tell them they DESERVE to keep the money they work so hard to make. Call them hardworking Republicans. In other words, make some PERSONAL connection in your speech.

Cleaner44
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Remember that most Republicans that are hesitant to support RP see him as weak on Natioanl Security. They equate his foriegn policy with liberal Democrats commie pussies.

Share that the Ron Paul foriegn policy is to secure the borders and deploy our military when the United States is threatened. RP will not spend our tax money and soldiers blood for the natioanl security of Japan, Germany, Isreal or Korea.

Dave
01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
From Iowa:

I support Congressman Ron Paul for President because he gives me hope for America’s future. He promotes maximum individual freedom and limited federal government – exactly what the founders envisioned in our constitution.
Ron Paul is a Christian. He’s a veteran. He’s a pro-life doctor who has himself delivered over 4,000 babies. In 10 terms as a U.S. Congressman, he’s never voted for a tax increase or an unbalanced budget. He’ll secure our borders and end the government giveaways that encourage people to come here illegally in the first place.

Our national debt is now over trillion and as our government keeps borrowing and printing more money, the value of our dollars keeps going down, making everything more expensive. Dr. Paul will save us trillions of dollars by bringing our troops home to keep America safe. We won the war. He’s the only one who’s committed to keeping our priceless troops out of nation-building and policing actions that we can’t even afford. Everyone likes to say “I support the troops”. But who do the troops support? According to the government, the most donations from members of the armed forces are going to…Ron Paul – and by a huge margin.

Sometimes people come in to the Caucus and they think “well, I like so-and-so but he can’t win so I’m voting for one of the front-runners”. But this isn’t a horse race. There’s no prize for you if you vote for the one who ends up winning tonight. In fact, our first-in-the-nation role here in Iowa isn’t to select the ultimate winner. Our role is to narrow the field, and tell the rest of the nation who we think they should be paying attention to. After tonight I’m sure there will be attention paid to the front-runners. We have a unique opportunity here tonight to tell the rest of America that Ron Paul’s message of simply following the constitution and limiting federal government is something they should give a listen to. Please join me in voting for Ron Paul.

[You can modify this to fit your style to make it your own. Remember your target audience is undecided voters and people who are interested in Ron Paul but are tempted to vote for a “front-runner”. How long you can speak is at the discretion of the Caucus Chair running your precinct. One minute or at most two is sufficient. We recommend you make eye contact and speak from the heart and from memory rather than simply reading, if possible.]