PDA

View Full Version : Ames volunteers - new Info and update!

heiwa
08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Hello all,

I just got this from Jeff Jared, who is our National Lead for out of state volunteers. Please register as you can! Even if you can't make the Thursday dress rehearsal, we need your support!

We went to Fairfield, Iowa last night to distribute flyers for Dr. Paul's speech on Sunday. The response was amazing! Nearly everyone knew who he is and were planning to come to the speech. I think it's going to be an amazing turnout. I hope to see you all there or at the straw poll.

Thanks for everything you're doing. This whole event has been such a great joy - the people who have contacted me (and there have been many!) have all been so devoted and giving. Thank you all so much - you make my day every time I hear from you.

In Peace,
Jen

Dear Ron Paul Supporter:

If you're coming to the Straw Poll in Ames, Iowa on August 11 and want to help, the Ron Paul Campaign in Iowa could really use you.

This straw poll is critical to Dr. Paul's long-term success - it's the first major test of a candidate's organization--and we need about 300 volunteers to assist with the event that day (and a little bit the day before and after) from about 6 am ・8 pm. 40,000 people and about 500 busloads of Iowa Republicans will be descending on the Hilton Coliseum Complex and we need to make a good impression and get as many Iowans (non-Iowans can't vote) as possible to vote for Dr. Paul.

For each of the different positions below, we will be putting you in touch with a team captain, and he/she will contact you. You will meet with your team captain and become familiar with the grounds and walk thru what you'll be doing on the day of the Straw Poll during a dress rehearsal.

We will hold the dress rehearsal on *Thursday Aug 9* at 6 pm ・2 days before the event. This rehearsal will be held at the Ron Paul tent site (#1) at the corner of Lincoln Way & Beach Street; it is at the far NW corner of the Hilton Complex.

Please note you can do more than one (1) job as long as it doesn't overlap in time with another.

Can you help us by volunteering? If so, please fill out this survey
http://iowavolunteers.c.topica.com/maahj1jabAmgkbJGIgQb/

Check the appropriate boxes describing the volunteer opportunity that you'd like to participate in, and the time.

I hope to see you there!

Joe Seehusen
Iowa State Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008
joe@ronpaul2008.com