PDA

View Full Version : "We, the People" - Help me write a speech for Dr. Paul

charlotteronpaulguy
01-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I've drawn my inspiration from one of the greatest, and most influential conservative speeches ever given. Ronald Regan's - A Time for Choosing (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1777069922535499977)

I based the speech on the answer to the following question that we are currently upvoting on Politico, see the thread here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=103263)

"If you believe we need to win the war in Iraq to make progress in the war on terror, do we not need to start and win wars in all countries that harbor Islamic fundamentalists since they are the proclaimed enemy? Do you agree with Senator McCain's statement two weeks ago when he said 'I'm sorry to tell you, theres going to be other wars'?"
After much warmongering from the other candidates and statements like, 'I don't like war, I hope we are never forced to fight another one but I cannot promise you that there will never be another war. Our enemy is dangerous etc...'

Dr. Paul's response to this question:

I also agree that I cannot predict the future and promise that there will never be another war. But what I can promise the American people is that if this country's brightest and bravest are going to be sent into harms way - it will only be to defend the sovereignty and security of THIS free Nation and our people. I promise to use all of our military might in the way our constitution demands. Not for show, not for aggressive invasions but for defense the defense of our freedoms. I will direct our military to fight the extremists who threaten us, not the armies of the countries they live in.

As President of this country I will never go to war without a deceleration of war from the people through their elected congressional officers. Thomas Jefferson once said, "It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. " These words have never rang more true to the American people

We are already seeing the devastating economic effects of our current warfare-welfare state. Our country is 9 trillion dollars in debt yet every year our representatives spend billions more than they take in. Our government is quick to mortgage our future in the name of securing it. They have borrowed nearly 900 billion dollars from our proclaimed, retirement security fund. I find it ironic that the social security fund is causing the very crisis it was promised to prevent. It is time American's stopped turning to the government for answers and started to exercise their God given freedoms. (good spot to quote JFK 'ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country')

Enough is enough. Our frivolous spending and utter disregard for fiscal responsibility is quite literally sucking the life out of the working men and women of this country. You are being presented two solutions to the problems we face: My opponents all offer you some variation of more spending, bigger government, and new programs. I say that that these are the very causes of this mess and we can and that we can no longer allow this demagoguery. The American people have had enough. I firmly believe Ronald Regan when he said, "You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down... up to the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course."

In this election, we are not choosing between 'hope' and 'change' we are choosing between the freedoms our founding fathers fought and died for and everything they fought against. We must choose less government, less taxes, more freedom, more liberty, and more individual responsibility. Support me in fighting for these freedoms. Join my campaign and help rebuild America by harnessing Her true power - We, the people.

charlotteronpaulguy
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
bump