PDA

View Full Version : Hope for America Day. - Check In

UtahApocalypse
08-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Well all it's getting closer to Aug 20th. I have been hearing a lot of groups plans, but don't have any real idea what's planned. I would like all of you to check in here with what you local plans are. I am very excited to see all of the supporters coming together to help our nation.

ronpaulhawaii
08-04-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm in NY for the month and will meet with the local organizer soon to find out thier plans.

Hawaii is in, roadside clean-up was the most well recieved, I'll e-mail and get some details for you.

nayjevin
08-04-2007, 12:18 PM
In Tulsa Oklahoma, we are trying to plan this for the entire weekend (since the 20th is a Monday). Our August meetup is tomorrow, and we will finalize plans. But here is what I will suggest:

The entire weekend, various projects will be scheduled between about 9:00 AM to about 7:30 PM. We will post a schedule on meetup, and anybody can show up anywhere anytime for as long as they want.

One of the main ideas presented is to clean up trash near highway overpasses (often dirty, plus great traffic for our signs and T-shirts). We'll hang a banner on the overpass 'cleaning up Tulsa - and cleaning up Washington -- Ron Paul 2008' or something similar.

When we're done with an overpass, we'll move on to the next one -- and leave a smaller sign saying 'this overpass cleaned by Ron Paul supporters' (and of course go retrieve it before it gets too dirty again)

Other ideas include children's shelters, old folks homes, and 'spam' drives. Plans will be finalized tomorrow.

ghemminger
08-04-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm Looking for ideas...We rally everyday M-F 6-7....What could we do on a street corner???

Natalie
08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
We'll hang a banner on the overpass 'cleaning up Tulsa - and cleaning up Washington -- Ron Paul 2008' or something similar.

I love it!

Roxi
08-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm Looking for ideas...We rally everyday M-F 6-7....What could we do on a street corner???

hold banners and signs that say "google ron paul" and "who is ron paul"

hand out flyers, and if money allows we have handed out free popcicles and coupons for free drinks at sonic etc