PDA

View Full Version : A subject for Paul to comment on.

Detonator
01-29-2008, 02:28 PM
I was thinking about the massive interest rates on credit cards, RP should promise to place a cap on credit card interest rates if he should become president. There a many people (voters) with high credit card debt and many of those are stuck trying to pay them off and quite a few never will pay off their 20%+ interest rate debt.

Me personally, I have to credit card debt. :)

couvi
01-29-2008, 02:38 PM
You seriously misunderstand the message of Ron Paul. He does not pander. His message is one of personal responsibility--not more government control. If he said something like this he would lose major credibility in my book.

Why are you a Ron Paul supporter? I assume you like his message of freedom. Paul's freedom is not selective. That even means freedom for the "evil" credit card companies. You and so many other Americans who now find themselves in debt signed a voluntary contract, did you not? Maybe it was a bad decision but it is not the federal government's job to bail you out of a bad decision. The reason most of us like Ron Paul is because he understands this and doesn't pander when it is convenient.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Like Hillary wants to do for the mortgage holders that couldn't read?

Cleaner44
01-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Don not look to the government to bail you out, call your credit card company yourself and negotiate the rate. Move the balance if you have to. Read a Dave Ramsey book and take responsibility for your debt. You do not need big brother to do this for you.

Eponym_mi
01-29-2008, 02:42 PM
RP should promise to place a cap on credit card interest rates if he should become president.

No, he has no control over this, nor should he or Congress try to usurp Constitutional powers and try to dictate interest rates. Crap like that is why the economy is a mess.

ToryNotion
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
no price controls please. let mr market do his work and we all prosper

zmyrick19
01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Ron Paul wants you to become smarter. Non-intervention causes you to do your homework and those that don't do their homework and get in a ton of debt serve as an example for others. In the long run, everyone learns for themselves and becomes smarter and stronger.