PDA

View Full Version : Serious question regarding money donations

Paulitical Correctness
01-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Before Ron Paul, I'm assuming a lot of us probably didn't donate to much, if anything at all.

After the election, whether Paul wins or not, are you going to continue donating to charities and such?

If anything, we've all learned to dig deep and sacrifice our selfish living standards.

Look at the remarkable numbers we're collectively capable of.

:)

brianbb98
01-29-2008, 01:25 PM
I have before... not as much in such a little time as for this campaign but its something i've done and will continue to do.

Cinci4RP
01-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Very interesting assertation.....

I know that Ron Paul has drawn in both athist and christian and muslim and jew and to the former, the concept of giving is less ingrained.

Personally, I as a Christian am commanded by God himself to five my "firstfruits" i.e. a tithe. A true tithe is 10% of your income. (NOTICE USA wants 4x as much as God) Now, it is supposed to work like this.

Members of a faith pool their money to be able to take care of those less fortunate, to clothe the naked, feed the hungry and so on. That is where the concept of the tithe originates. When Greater than 10% is commanded it is called usury. The Gov't has come in and, well, botched it up.

This one reason that there was a separation of church and state, that the church would take care of the marginalized.

Anyway that is my awkward $.02 nutshell behind the theory of giving.

Ogren
01-29-2008, 01:44 PM
After this election we should have one last money bomb for charity :)

tamor
01-29-2008, 01:46 PM
the messge will live on -- the torch has been passed -- remember to support legislators running on the freedom "Ron Paul" platform