PDA

View Full Version : What in the world? Anybody else suffering from lack of volunteers?

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Have people forgotten how important Super Tuesday is?

Rahl
01-29-2008, 12:43 PM
if you mean the precinct leader numbers.

the frontpage isn't updating, the real numbers are here http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 02:44 PM
No, I don't mean precinct leader numbers, I mean people on the ground helping me canvass. I am from out of state helping win Alabama, but no locals helping canvass. Totally unlike SC. What is up??

acptulsa
01-29-2008, 02:48 PM
The problem with Super Tuesday is it spreads out the volunteers who can travel and so "waters them down".

LandonCook
01-29-2008, 02:53 PM
No, I don't mean precinct leader numbers, I mean people on the ground helping me canvass. I am from out of state helping win Alabama, but no locals helping canvass. Totally unlike SC. What is up??

All of Alabama is Paul territory anyway...

firebirdnation
01-29-2008, 02:57 PM

Ya, I know what you mean, our local meetup has about 100 members, yet when I asked if any of them would help me canvass, I didn't get a single response. :confused:

bdennis5
01-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I find that people are afraid of door to door canvassing. They would #1 rather meetup and put door hangers for others to take out and just put on doors. If they make it out they will place door hangers and get upset with me when I suggest we speak to likely voters that are listed in our precinct list. Oh well I do what I can and let the rest put door hangers together for the ones that will at least do that.

I have found people will put slim jims on cars at Churches at least we can target and get the word out quickly to a targeted audience with the right to life slim jims.

terlinguatx
01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE

firebirdnation
01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
I find that people are afraid of door to door canvassing. They would #1 rather meetup and put door hangers for others to take out and just put on doors. If they make it out they will place door hangers and get upset with me when I suggest we speak to likely voters that are listed in our precinct list. Oh well I do what I can and let the rest put door hangers together for the ones that will at least do that.

I have found people will put slim jims on cars at Churches at least we can target and get the word out quickly to a targeted audience with the right to life slim jims.

I have tried to get them to help me with lit drops too, but only my 12 year old daughter has helped me so far.

curtisag
01-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Ya, I know what you mean, our local meetup has about 100 members, yet when I asked if any of them would help me canvass, I didn't get a single response. :confused:

You have to remember, perception is reality in politics. So, considering Paul hasn't won a single state, that's somewhat understandable. Most people don't want to campaign for a candidate who shows no signs of having a chance of winning.

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
look guys, I'm from NC, and I'm working 24/7. Can't a guy from Alabama spare 2hours a day? I got one guy, Scotty, and he's official. WHERE ARE YOU??

firebirdnation
01-29-2008, 05:42 PM
You have to remember, perception is reality in politics. So, considering Paul hasn't won a single state, that's somewhat understandable. Most people don't want to campaign for a candidate who shows no signs of having a chance of winning.

You are probably correct, but when we get about 20 supporters to show up regularly to our Saturday sign waving, I have to wonder why they are willing to sign wave but unwilling to canvass. Its not really a big deal as I enjoy spending the time with my daughter anyway, and she loves to help to help get RP's name out there, but I was echoing the OP's sentiments that it would be nice to get more help. :)

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 06:04 PM
well, Matt and Scotty, love freedom enough to come canvass in the rain! God bless these fine young patriots! It's beacause of young men and women like them, on account of them and the few like them, there will still be an America tomorrow.

Now, if I can get 2 patriots to come out and canvass in the pouring rain, surely I can get EIGHT tomorrow.

Mark
01-29-2008, 07:39 PM
bump for the stump.

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 08:00 PM
City of Tuscaloosa does not abide the promotion of a candidate for President. We are the only campaign in AL with signs. and we got LOTS of signs. But our signs seem to go away between midnight an 10AM. Lo and behold, the Tuscaloosa DOT, they are "litter" and when challenged: abandoned property. No political signs will be tolerated.

Let me say that again:

No political signs will be tolerated.

But no, Tuscaloosa DOT sees Ron Paul, and dispatches early crews to remove and destroy them. Crews fighting rush traffic even!

Something tells me it's a little more to them than "abandoned property."

Swmorgan77
01-29-2008, 08:09 PM

Yeah, we're all experiencing it. People would rather wave signs and do other stuff that is fun and makes them feel good but won't get votes.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I treated Sammy and Matt to dinner, and now we are assembling lit. We have a great big day planned for tomorrow, I have to get to Montgomery tomorrow by 9AM to pick up another massive load of signs. Then all heck breaks loose when I get back to Tuscaloosa!

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 08:14 PM

Ask them individually. People hide in crowds, but when pushed, may find it more difficult to lie to you.

And when you get them out, if they haven't it before, double up two-per-house for a while, with you taking the lead, and then them taking the lead, until till they feel confident.

CMoore
01-29-2008, 08:30 PM
I have helped canvass in two other precincts. Right now I am going door to door in my own precinct.

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 02:00 AM

THAT. There that's what I was talking about. That right there.

GunnyFreedom
01-30-2008, 02:06 AM
I have helped canvass in two other precincts. Right now I am going door to door in my own precinct.

Are you seeing the same hot response from the people that we are seeing in Tuscaloosa? We've both done other states. It wasn't like this. Scotty did 2 to my one state, and he is more amazed than I am. Is it good in Birmingham too? We need people there too. No silly kidding.

BreakYourChains
01-30-2008, 02:12 AM
Bump for canvassing help in Alabama!