PDA

View Full Version : Where are the local canvassers?

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
My goodness people! This place is WIDE OPEN!! There is nobody else here. One McCain sign, three Huckabee signs, and one Romney sign. This is not like IA, NH, or SC.

Now it looks like the opposition is jealous and is starting to steal signs badly. Some signs don't stay up 12 hours. The other guys KNOW our presence is huge. But we can't capitolize on this unless we are canvassing. I can't canvass Tuscaloosa County alone!

If we had half the help we had in SC, then Tuscaloosa County would be a lock. A LOCK. Where are you guys????????

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
do you hear me? Wide open!! Do we really want to do this or not, guys?

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2008, 07:42 PM
update, it was not rabid Huccabites, but Tuscaloosa DOT. Did you know that if you post political signs at midnight, the city will be destroying them by 8am?

When we inquired at TDOT we informed that the signs were litter. After Sammy promised to sign a note in blood to promise to retrieve all signs, they became "abandoned property" and collected and destroyed like refuse.

To TDOT's credit, they did give us back about 8% of the signs, 3/4 of which were obscured by black paint. "Oops, I think I may have left my first amendment in my other suit!

However they sleep at night, the bottom line is that if you put signs out at midnight that are gone (ALL gone) before noon, then you cannot promote a candidate for President on this county.

This, of course, means war. :D