PDA

View Full Version : anyone watch colbert report yesterday?

tsiguy96
01-29-2008, 12:28 PM
there was an iranian lady who is the creator of this cartoon about iranian lifestyle, and colbert brought up US hostages from the revolution...anyone she basically said they took the hostages because the US govt had been there since the 50s and iranians wanted them out, confirming pauls theory of blowback. colbert asked her if she was one of those "blame americans first" and she said that she doesnt blame americans, she blames the american govt. now if every sheep in this country would just open their ears and listen to what people say, we wouldnt have to fight just to get his name on TV.

salinaspaul
01-29-2008, 12:51 PM
It was the first ten minutes of the Colbert Report I have ever been exposed to - I was just flipping channels becuse the people on CNN were waxing on about blah blah blah after the SotUA... I saw the clip and the interview... first time I had ever seen the show... and the first thing I thought was "yep, blowback's a bitch, ain't it?"

theantirobot
01-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Since daily show and colbert have come back, they have been much more news oriented. Either that, or the major news networks have just stopped covering news.

They aren't as funny but they sure seem to be much more relevant. I enjoy it more.

James@UCSB
01-29-2008, 01:04 PM
I didn't see the episode, but I'm pretty sure the woman was Marjane Satrapi, author of the Persepolis series of graphic novels. They are about what it was like growing up in Iran as a young girl during the Islamic Revolution. Both the novels and the film are very good, and I highly recommend them.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808417/

http://www.amazon.com/Persepolis-Story-Childhood-Alex-Awards/dp/0375422307

PledgeForPaul
01-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Since daily show and colbert have come back, they have been much more news oriented. Either that, or the major news networks have just stopped covering news.

They aren't as funny but they sure seem to be much more relevant. I enjoy it more.

Probably because the writers are still on strike.

salinaspaul
01-29-2008, 01:09 PM
yup - that's the one! Thx for the info! I remembered Persepolis, but couldn't remember her name.

uncle saddam
01-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Go to http://www.colbertnation.com/

He's got the video on the front page right now.

'Marjane Satrapi' is her name.

RonPaulNLiveFree
01-29-2008, 01:13 PM

maybe since things are more serious (economy, elections, etc). not to say that things didnt matter before, but with cheney bush in control, what could you do other than laugh at it

Neomatrix
01-29-2008, 01:22 PM
In that video is Colbert wearing an RP Bracelet?:)

tsiguy96
01-29-2008, 01:25 PM
In that video is Colbert wearing an RP Bracelet?:)

without looking again, i doubt it. colbert has this thing with bracelets, where he gave some out, and if that person ever met someone more famous then themselves, they had to give them the bracelet.