PDA

View Full Version : Watch Ron Paul Supporters in Times Square via Earth Cam

RonPaul2008NYC
08-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Here's an experiment we are trying today in Times Square. My meetup group here in NYC will be in Times Square, and you can watch them live via this link: http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/
They should be gathering around 4 p.m. EST. In case anyone wants to stop by and check it out. There are lots of earth cams throughout the US, maybe we can get some use out of them. Make sure you select Cam2 from the choices below. I hope to see some of you when I arrive in Iowa on the 8th. All the best!

Richie
08-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm definitely going to check this out! Be sure to hold your Ron Paul signs towards the camera. :D

Johnnybags
08-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Watch out for the ring of steel Gestapo though, wear baseball hats and sunglasses so that the ole NSA database face recognition software freezes? All Rons supporters are domestic insurgents according to thier rules. You could end up in Haliburtons secret detention centers. LOL. Have fun be respectful and please recruit some minorites.

risiusj
08-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Bump

seefate
08-04-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm watching

RonPaul2008NYC
08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I just spoke with Mitch on the phone and he told me that our group wasn't allowed to hold up signs in our designated location. There seems to be some stupid NYC law that forbids signs in certain areas in Times Square. I'm sure Mitch will fill us in on it later. Sorry folks. New York City is a Police State. Odd though, that the City will allow a man wearing only white underwear, a white cowboy hat and white boots with a white guitar to stand in that area without any problem.

aknappjr
08-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Watching from Chicago. Good luck!

PatriotOne
08-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I just spoke with Mitch on the phone and he told me that our group wasn't allowed to hold up signs in our designated location. There seems to be some stupid NYC law that forbids signs in certain areas in Times Square. I'm sure Mitch will fill us in on it later. Sorry folks. New York City is a Police State. Odd though, that the City will allow a man wearing only white underwear, a white cowboy hat and white boots with a white guitar to stand in that area without any problem.

How about if you pin the RP signs to your shirt and stand there :D . Your not "holding" signs. Or does the law now restrict your freedom of apparel now too :p ?

stevedasbach
08-04-2007, 02:11 PM
How about eight people -- each with a different letter on his/her shirt (got to include the space between Ron and Paul)? Can they prohibit eight people standing in a line?

RonPaul2008NYC
08-04-2007, 02:17 PM
We'll have to think of another way to do this next time. But they are moving through Times Square at the moment. I'll look around and see if I can spot them on another cam.

UCFGavin
08-04-2007, 02:19 PM
We'll have to think of another way to do this next time. But they are moving through Times Square at the moment. I'll look around and see if I can spot them on another cam.

sucks you guys couldn't hang out. i was tuned in and looking around haha

mport1
08-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey everybody, Mitch here.

Unfortunately as a cop told us, it is illegal to hold up signs in Times Square (even for just a little bit) between 42nd and 45th. I asked him if we could just stay for a minute or so for the live webcam, but he told me that there were cameras all over the place and that cops would come to get us if we did. I didn't particularly want to get arrested today, so I opted to not try it out (don't really want a record at this age). Sorry for those who were watching.

We went down to 41st (where apparently freedom of speech is legal) and waved the signs and passed out some literature for a bit and then split up and hit Madison Square Garden, Union Square, and other locations. We did fairly well considering how our original plan didn't work out and passed what I think was probably well over 1,000 flyers/slim jims. I talked to a bunch of people, converted a few, and had a lot say they would look into him. Also had a 45 minute talk with a guy who was previously a McCain supporter but will now switch to Paul.

Thanks for all those who came out to help. That will probably be my last Meetup in New York because I'm leaving on Saturday. I'll be getting involved on my campus and in the St. Louis Meetup.

mport1
08-04-2007, 07:31 PM
So basically, anybody who doesn't mind getting arrested should test out this law and maybe get some publicity for Dr. Paul (although I don't know whether this would end up being good or bad publicity).

rockjoa
08-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Next time get everyone to wear a tshirt with a letter on it so as a group you can spell Ron Paul out and not get arrested.

mport1
08-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Next time get everyone to wear a tshirt with a letter on it so as a group you can spell Ron Paul out and not get arrested.

Its New York, so they probably have a law about spelling things with T-shirts. I mean what if somebody were distracted by us or something?

I just found out that out of the many ridiculous things banned in New York are aluminum baseball bats. The city is ridiculous.

kylejack
08-04-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm looking at the cam now and I saw a guy waving a flag around. I also see what looks like two people dressed like statues of liberty handing something out to people walking by...

PatriotOne
08-04-2007, 07:48 PM
So basically, anybody who doesn't mind getting arrested should test out this law and maybe get some publicity for Dr. Paul (although I don't know whether this would end up being good or bad publicity).

Things are getting pretty bad when everytime a person promotes a Presidential Candidate, the adventure has now become a potential clip for a "Cops" TV episode. Sounds like you made lemonade out of it anyways :)

kylejack
08-04-2007, 07:54 PM
http://kyle.tornado-networks.com/images/statues.jpg

mport1
08-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Things are getting pretty bad when everytime a person promotes a Presidential Candidate, the adventure has now become a potential clip for a "Cops" TV episode. Sounds like you made lemonade out of it anyways :)

Well to be fair to them, they allow are not discriminatory in their abuse of our freedoms. They chased off some religious guy who was holding a sign as well :rolleyes:

kylejack
08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Well what's with these statues of liberty, then? Any chance these are Ron Paul supporters?

mport1
08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Well what's with these statues of liberty, then? Any chance these are Ron Paul supporters?

No, I saw them earlier today. I think it is just something they do in NY.