PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen Report on 3rd party support

itshappening
01-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Will Michael Bloomberg, Ron Paul Run Third Party Campaigns in 2008?

Twenty-six percent (26%) of American voters believe New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is at least somewhat likely to make a third-party or independent bid for the White House in 2008. That includes 5% who say he is Very Likely to do so.

Twenty-nine percent (29%) say that Texas Congressman Ron Paul will run as an alternative to the two major parties. Eleven percent (11%) believe he is Very Likely to do so.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that roughly 15% of voters would currently vote for one of these two candidates in general election match-ups.

When the two candidates are mentioned as independent options in match-ups between Mitt Romney and the two Democratic frontrunners, Paul and Bloomberg attract roughly the same level of support. When John McCain is mentioned as the Republican candidate in a match-up with Barack Obama, Ron Paul earns 11% of the vote while Bloomberg attracts 5%.

At this time, the net impact of such third party efforts appears to benefit the Democrats.

In a head-to-head match-up between Romney and Obama, Obama currently leads by nine percentage points. When Bloomberg and Paul are added to the list of possible candidates, Obama’s lead grows to twelve points, 42% to 30%. Paul attracts 8% of the vote, Bloomberg 6%.

Hillary Clinton leads Romney by five in a head-to-head match-up, but her lead grows to fourteen points with Bloomberg and Paul in the mix—Clinton 46% Romney 32% Bloomberg 7% Paul 7%.

In a McCain-Obama poll, the Democrat leads by five. That grows to seven points with the third party options—Obama 40% McCain 33% Paul 11% Bloomberg 5%.

The pair of third party candidates attract from 13% to 17% of Republicans in each match-up. They earn only 5% to 10% of the Democratic vote.

Crosstabs available for Premium Members only.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/will_michael_bloomberg_ron_paul_run_third_party_ca mpaigns_in_2008

itshappening
01-29-2008, 12:18 PM
15% is enough to get into the debates LOL!!!

AlexMerced
01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
This is a very surprising Poll, it shows are numbers are lot better expect in a general election plus that we do better against mccain than romney

this almost basically saids we'd be quite viable third party than expected... a lot more than I expected

itshappening
01-29-2008, 12:23 PM
yep lets hope for McCain v. Hitlery

GHoeberX
01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
15% is enough to get into the debates LOL!!!

What exactly is enough to get into the debates?

LibertyForever
01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
If we can get into those Debates we can win as a third party!

itshappening
01-29-2008, 12:40 PM
15% gets you into the debates apparently

either way, the GOP candidate will NOT want RP running third party, he will screw them.

scooter
01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
I have been thinking that McCain vs. Hitler vs. Ron Paul would be the perfect matchup for us. There are tons of people (including Dems) who refuse to vote for Hillary, and there are tons of Republicans (mostly hardcore conservative ones) who refuse to vote for McCain.

But for now, I'm focusing on the GOP nomination, because even though that scenario looks good, the thought of Hillary or McCain becoming president gives me headaches.

ronpaulyourmom
01-29-2008, 12:43 PM
www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com

Bradley in DC
01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm focusing on the GOP nomination.

+1

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-29-2008, 12:57 PM
There is no way in hell Ron would be excluded from the debates. Look what happened to Faux.

These numbers are very interesting!! Ron has very, very low name recognition nationally, so these numbers would keep going up and up.