PDA

View Full Version : WE HAVE OUR LAUNCHING POINT! A Ron Paul Newspaper!

magicmike
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
This came in from Crystal Broyles today, I have been in contact with her for the past week since we are starting a similar project. She is a 22 year old gal from Alabama that is a die hard Ron Paul supporter, and organized this by herself.

"Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the emails and interest in the Ron Paul
Newspaper. We have the site up and running now and we need
your donations to make this possible.

Everything is in place for this to STILL happen, we just need
money to give legs to this monumental & highly effective idea.

------->>> www.RonPaulNewspaper.com <<<-------

Please do not delay, donate NOW!

Make it a Patriotic Day,
Crystal V Broyles"

This paper can be a launching point for many big things! DIGG this, myspace, facebook, youtube, meetup, and all the other great Ron Paul websites.

magicmike
01-29-2008, 12:43 PM
From her website,

We are planning to print and distribute a Ron Paul newspaper to be tossed on driveways in Super Tuesday states. If the media will not give Dr. Paul the coverage he deserves, let's get him that coverage!

noztnac
01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Awesome!!!! Freedom of the press lives on!

magicmike
01-29-2008, 01:03 PM
DIGG here http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/The_launching_point_for_Ron_Paul_A_Ron_Paul_newspa per

ShowMeLiberty
01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Dugg!

magicmike
01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
bump

Keep this thread going if you think this is a good idea.

My own project is similar to this so it is useful to know how much interest there is.

Chirosupporter
01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Why just the Super Tuesday States? I say they need to be in every state before its primary.

pinkmandy
01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
So this is all online?

JeNNiF00F00
01-29-2008, 09:49 PM
No it will be printed and delivered door to door. I think this is an awesome idea!

magicmike
01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Why just the Super Tuesday States? I say they need to be in every state before its primary.
This is available to anyone and everyone, Super Tuesday is only mentioned because it is such a important event and needs focus on it right now.

Get these ahead of time so you have enough for your state.

BirdsAreWild
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
This thread needs a sticky

BirdsAreWild
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
We need help getting the Ron Paul Newspaper printed and delivered. This is going to be delivered just like a regular newspaper to every driveway and doorstep of registered voters.

Spread this information far and wide quickly.

http://ronpaulnewspaper.com/

I have offered to be the coordinator for St. Louis MO/IL metro area to get these to people who can do the delivery. Robyn

This is going to require people to do the driving around and delivering/tossing into driveways and doorsteps. Step up and lets get this done.

If we can get these on most of the driveways in the 24 states which vote on the 5th, I believe we can win. The 'newspaper' boldly tells people to vote on Tuesday, February 5th and then it outlines who Dr. Paul is, where he stands on issues and also features some articles he has written and the article written by Mrs. Paul about 'The American Dream'. To make this possible we need your help. Please make a printing donation and also let the members of your MeetUp group know about this monumental newspaper!

Since the media will not allow us to reach people from their TV sets, let's reach them from their driveways and door steps. We all have been working very hard canvassing neighborhoods with literature about Dr. Paul. And that is fabulous. The information we were handing out however, did not have printed information about when to vote and the information was limited. People were encouraged to go to RonPaul2008.com and read more about him. However, in the day and age we live in, time is limited and when we are looking for information we want it now, we don't want to have to read something in our hands and then go to our computers and do more research.

http://ronpaulnewspaper.com/

Latest news about this: Please get all the people in your area that you can on board and donating! We had to pre-pay the first 100,000 so they have started printing this morning. We should start shipping out to other parts of the country tonight and in the morning.

gb13
01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
What a great idea.

Donated.

magicmike
01-31-2008, 10:22 AM
From Crystals newest email.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to send an update letting you all know that the Ron
Paul Newspaper is on the press right now! Tomorrow I plan
to pick up and start shipping out 100,000 RON PAUL
Newspapers! So far we have have raised enough money to pay
for half of what we've printed. Guys, we need more money.
There is no question of whether or not this will happen, it IS
happening, we need more donations though! I'm expected to
write a check tomorrow and we don't have but half the funds.
Please take a moment right now & make a contribution.

If you have already made a contribution, please tell your friends
about this project. If you have not yet made a contribution, please
take a moment ad do it now.

------->>> www.RonPaulNewspaper.com <<<-------

Please do not delay, donate NOW!

Make it a Patriotic Day,
Crystal V Broyles

ADMIN Please sticky this!

magicmike
01-31-2008, 01:47 PM
I need to stress here that the paper is entirely from Ron Paul's ronpaul2008.com website.

Red Dingo
01-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Can non Americans legally donate to this cause because I will and want to. We always ask these questions but never get concrete answer.

This is not part of main campaign. This is grassroots. So giving money would be like giving to her to further her cause/interest/work - like an investment?

Will give at least 500 so please tell.

magicmike
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
hold on Red Dingo I'll get on the phone with her and check

Chibioz
01-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Would we be able to print and distribute them in time for super tuesday?

Red Dingo
01-31-2008, 07:43 PM
thanks. Remember to come back to this thread!

paulite2008
01-31-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure anyone can invest in a newspaper, American or not, so long as the project is separated from the official campaign.

magicmike
01-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes you can donate Red Dingo, I just got off the phone with Crystals sister and she said it's ok.

thomaseusin
02-01-2008, 10:47 AM
GunnyFreedom, who had been in the front lines in SC and now in Alabama, just posted this.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108341

Crystal, of RonPaulNewspaper.com has generously donated 10,000 Ron Paul Newspapers. These things have RP's entire platform contained in one Newspaper. We just picked them up. These are pure gold. Help us deliver them to Alabama.

With 10 people that is 1000 deliveries each. 20 people make 500 deliveries each. We can do this! RPs entire platform in one newspaper.

We are dropping a set off in Birmingham on the way back, and should be back in Tuscaloosa around 12:30 PM to start distribution. Let's put these on every driveway and doorstep in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham!

Help the cause!

magicmike
02-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Help give a bit for this project today

Crystal informed me the fist bill is going to be due soon and she only has half so far.

The goal is $6,000

If you have maxed our your $2,300 and want to give a gift for Ron and Carol's 51st wedding anniversary please consider donating to this project!
It would be sad to see this loose steam from not enough support.

Could someone please request a temporary sticky for today?

NinjaPirate
02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
This is a great idea!!

magicmike
02-01-2008, 11:57 AM
She only needs $3,272.03 today to pay for the first run of 100,000 .

Can some $2,300ers step in here and help?

lastnymleft
02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Donated.

Three things I'd like to see in future editions, that I believe are all very powerful selling points for Dr Paul's message:

(1) This comparison: http://www.knowbeforeyouvote.com/

(2) This chart, and commentary derived therefrom: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=103975

(3) Some mention of the lack of coverage Dr Paul is getting, with facts to back it up:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1104379&postcount=53

(4) And a couple of charts and blurb showing who the military supports, based on the following data: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019097.html

magicmike
02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you very much lastnymleft, Crystal will be looking at this thread when she has free time.
If anybody else has some serious input please post here. I am sure she will enjoy the ideas to help build this up.

magicmike
02-01-2008, 07:14 PM
bump,

We are so close yet so far, past the halfway mark right now.

----> http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com

magicmike
02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Just bumping here.

I feel awful that I can not donate to this, everything is at zero!
If you like this idea and can not financially support it, find someone who can and commit to helping deliver it!

Chirosupporter
02-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Where can I get a copy? Probably a dumb question but this thread needs to be bumped anyway.

magicmike
02-01-2008, 09:57 PM
go to http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com , there are example images there, but unless you have a full newspaper sized printer they won't scale very well.

The cost from Crystal is very very competitive, .06 cents a copy is very reasonable.

magicmike
02-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Also remember we have more than just Super Tuesday states to deal with, Texas is a big one coming up. And you know it says a lot if you can't win in your own state!

BreakYourChains
02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Bump!

magicmike
02-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Also the question was brought up on another forum, "How are these being distributed?"

Well there have been several things going on.
Crystal has already pre-orderd 100,000 copys
Several people have paid for overnight (I believe California was one of them)
A couple of people have driven several hundred miles to pick them up for their state.
And for those that just want to help Crystal has a good sized group of volunteers to help distribute in Alabama.

Craig_R
02-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Can non Americans legally donate to this cause because I will and want to. We always ask these questions but never get concrete answer.

This is not part of main campaign. This is grassroots. So giving money would be like giving to her to further her cause/interest/work - like an investment?

Will give at least 500 so please tell.

YES, donate away!

Poltiical_Rebel
02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Wow, such a great idea! Talk about using the freedom of press to the fullest extent!