PDA

View Full Version : If Rudy tanks in Florida is he planning on being in the debate on Wednesday?

crasster1
01-29-2008, 11:29 AM
I just had a small popping light bulb enigma that came across my fever laced head.

If Rudy tanks it in Florida today he's going to have to drop out. He even said Wednesday morning there would be a decision made.

With him in 4th in the polls in FL right now, he's going to drop out.

If he does do you think there will be 4 people in the debate Wednesday?

That would be incredibly interesting. 4 seems so much of a smaller number than 5. How on earth could you ignore Paul with 4 people on stage? It would be INCREDIBLY obvious this time. I think the way they would go Mccain, Romney, Rudy, Romney Mccain, Huck, Mccain, Romney, Rudy, Paul - heh there wouldn't be the mix up.

1 less person really makes the "mixing up" less. Sure they could go Mccain, Romney, Mccain, Romney, Huck, Romney, Mccain, but do you see how that would be totally obvious compared to sticking another face/voice in there. If they could offset the biased times with another face then it can add confusion. But 4 people... Wow that would take balls to do.

I have no doubt Rudy dropping will no doubt be good for us. I know at least for the next debate it absolutely should give Paul more talk time. Paul better step up this time. He needs to bring a paper and quote all of "more wars Mccains" talks of more wars.

cputter
01-29-2008, 11:32 AM
a.) they would just invite 3 candidates

or

b.) they invite 4 candidates, including Rudy (no Paul). And they'll say it's because Rudy views are still important enough to be included in the debate even though he dropped out.

spivey378
01-29-2008, 11:32 AM
how many debates are after super tuesday, if any?

Royksopp
01-29-2008, 11:34 AM

there are none officially planned, but that doesnt mean there wont be any.

And with it going down to 3 candidates, there is a very real chance Paul will not be invited to any after Super Tuesday, unless he does quite well.

pacelli
01-29-2008, 11:36 AM

There are none currently scheduled until the nominees are chosen. Here is the schedule after 1/30 from www.youdecide2008.com (link provided below):

The Republican/Democrat nominees:

-2008-
September 26, 2008: Presidential debate with domestic policy focus, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS

October 2, 2008: Vice Presidential debate, Washington University, St. Louis, MO

October 7, 2008: Presidential debate in a town hall format, Belmont University, Nashville, TN

October 15, 2008:Presidential debate with foreign policy focus, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

http://www.youdecide2008.com/2007/06/13/full-2008-debate-schedule-from-dnc-and-gop/

AlexMerced
Royksopp is awesome, good music

crasster1

And with it going down to 3 candidates, there is a very real chance Paul will not be invited to any after Super Tuesday, unless he does quite well.

That's why I think the debate on Wednesday will be critical. He's already scheduled with CNN. I guess that means he's already paid etc. for it.

He may be up there with Mccain Romney and huck.

That will be EXCELLENT. 4 guys!

If they ignore him down to 7 minutes again, I think he could easily hold case to sue.

No1ButPaul08
01-29-2008, 11:38 AM
He said he would be at the debate wednesday but i think he is going to drop out tonight to save himself any more embarressment and to keep in good standing w/ the GOP

dfalken
01-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Giuliani should drop out tomorrow here is the news....
h ttp://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jmcLwiq9n6zBbk5n9_wx-WBP8eDQD8UFKVRG0

Royksopp
01-29-2008, 11:42 AM
"Wednesday morning, we'll make a decision,"

So yeah, it'll be 4 by tomorrow. Anything else would be farce.

dfalken
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Watch him be in the debate after he drops out and still get more talk time than Ron Paul.

Johnnybags
01-29-2008, 11:48 AM
costs tons, thats why he is late to every event. He is a paranoid freak and the most bizarre fringe candidate going. Leave it to FOX News to pick a winner. He could not win mayor of Hackensack now. Think he wants to lose his home state and be dead politically forever?

JMann
01-29-2008, 11:50 AM

I would guess he must win a state on super Tuesday to be invited to any debates down the road. I think that is fair, if half the states have voted and you haven't won a state it is hard to argue you deserve to be in the debates.

Grandson of Liberty
01-29-2008, 11:53 AM
I would so miss his cackle though. Maybe they'll provide a Giuliani laugh track just for grins.

No1ButPaul08
01-29-2008, 11:53 AM
This debate could be huge. From tv guide listings it appears to be 2 hours. If Ron gets even close to equal talk time and Rudy drops out it will be a huge night. Romney, Huck, and McNameDropper are in for a long night

rg123
01-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Do not be so sure that Rudy wont win as much as I hate the guy diebold can produce any result.

RevolutionSD
01-29-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't get it.
Even if Rudy finishes 4th in FL, why would he drop out with super tuesday only 1 week later? His name is on all the ballots already, he wouldn't have to spend a dime right?

-lotus-
01-29-2008, 12:23 PM
i really dont see anyone dropping out before super tuesday, regardless of what happens in florida

No1ButPaul08
01-29-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't get it.
Even if Rudy finishes 4th in FL, why would he drop out with super tuesday only 1 week later? His name is on all the ballots already, he wouldn't have to spend a dime right?

He will be on the ballots, but he is going to drop out to save the embarressment of losing in NY.

pacelli
01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Watch him be in the debate after he drops out and still get more talk time than Ron Paul.

Of course! It is the last debate before super tuesday.

Cindy
01-29-2008, 05:46 PM
i really dont see anyone dropping out before super tuesday, regardless of what happens in florida

Me too. The field has been split enough, and they are all getting media coverage, cept for Paul, that I can see them hanging in until at least Super Tuesday. They'll drop the day after that.

Paul may have no choice but to drop too if we don't find ways to keep sending him more money. He said he is done when the money is done.