PDA

View Full Version : Recent basher offers kind words

shrugged0106
08-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Orlando of Ft Hard Knox Blog has been rather consistant in his tripe on Dr. Paul, but today he actually started to turn from the dark side (I think Doug from TH says that too).

Please note, Orlando is the doofus who linked to the spoof piece that the Campaign hired a top internet spammer. He actually thought that was a real fact!! LOL

But, I give him credit for these kind words.

Living proof that if we all stick to the high road that we may just save our nation!

http://forthardknox.com/

Ron Paul Supporters Are Growing On Me
by Orlando

Something weird is happening. I’m actually beginning to have some respect for the RonBots…um, Ron Paul supporters. At first I thought they were a bunch of internet kooks (and some are still a little kooky) but they are growing on me. Maybe their “Love” revolution is working.
Compared to the hate-filled and profane diatribes of the liberal establishment, RonBots…um…sorry…Ron Paul supporters are far more polite. Yes, they are constantly around but they are not profane. I have dealt with multiple Paul supporters and read their rebuttals of my blog posts and the worse I have been called is “stupid.” Moreover, they actually offer FACTS!
Comparatively, liberals and progressives have called me every foul mouth expletive you can imagine. At its best, liberals have shown only perpetual anger and repugnant denunciation but offer few facts to make their argument.
I do NOT dislike RonBots…um…Ron Paul supporters? In fact, RonBot is intended to be a humorous way to describe their almost automaton fervor for Dr. Paul. It’s hard to dislike a group of happy, passionate people.
The truth is, I have more in common with Ron Paul (who I see more as a Libertarian) then any liberal, progressive, or Democrat out there. Libertarians and Conservatives share a community of ideas that are more similar than apart. I occasionally listen and agree with Neal Bortz, a known Libertarian.
Am I willing to jump on the Ron Paul bandwagon. No thank you. I’m a Reagan Conservative but one thing is for sure–Ron Paul supporters are beginning to earn my esteem. Best wishes RonBots…and I say that with respect!
Comment and Discuss in the FHK Forum (0)

kalami
08-04-2007, 09:09 AM
lol i get it now r"LOVE"ution, i was wondering why the was spelled weird. but yes it's only a matter of time before Ron Paul hegemony and all we can do is prepare for it

torchbearer
08-04-2007, 09:12 AM
learn something new everyday,
good piece...

UCFGavin
08-04-2007, 09:18 AM
i'm curious to know who he is planning on supporting...

inibo
08-04-2007, 09:21 AM
"It’s hard to dislike a group of happy, passionate people."

:)

foofighter20x
08-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Does that guy not know that it was Ron Paul that made Reagan famous? Had it not been for Dr Paul and the three other Congressmen that initially pushed for Reagan in 1976, Reagan might not have run in 1980.

Slugg
08-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Does that guy not know that it was Ron Paul that made Reagan famous? Had it not been for Dr Paul and the three other Congressmen that initially pushed for Reagan in 1976, Reagan might not have run in 1980.

Yeah, he'll come around I think. We have to understand though, that Dr. Paul is not another Reagan. Dr. Paul's views are Reagan's view's on steroids. So, it's hard for some people to swallow. I think the old "Reagan Republicans" will convert after three Realizations:

Realization 1) Ron Paul is not crazy/wacko/fringe/quixotic/etc.

Realization 2) Had Reagan actually done everything he wanted, we would not have many of the problems we have today.

Realization 3) No other Presidential Candidate really wants to pick up the baton of Reagan Conservatism except Ron Paul.

Sound's like this guy is working on Realization number 2 (and I think most of the republican party is at number 2 as well).

shrugged0106
08-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah, he'll come around I think. We have to understand though, that Dr. Paul is not another Reagan. Dr. Paul's views are Reagan's view's on steroids. So, it's hard for some people to swallow. I think the old "Reagan Republicans" will convert after three Realizations:

Realization 1) Ron Paul is not crazy/wacko/fringe/quixotic/etc.

Realization 2) Had Reagan actually done everything he wanted, we would not have many of the problems we have today.

Realization 3) No other Presidential Candidate really wants to pick up the baton of Reagan Conservatism except Ron Paul.

Sound's like this guy is working on Realization number 2 (and I think most of the republican party is at number 2 as well).

Unfortunately, Freddy T is trying to assume the "Reagn Conservative" Mantle. I'd love to have something that I could cut and paste that shows why he isnt! If anyone knows a good, solid link, I'd appreciate it.

Slugg
08-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Unfortunately, Freddy T is trying to assume the "Reagn Conservative" Mantle. I'd love to have something that I could cut and paste that shows why he isnt! If anyone knows a good, solid link, I'd appreciate it.

Hmm...I think we are just the people for said link..I do not know of one...but didn't someone around here say they had some 'wiki' software available? Perhaps some of us can team up and create a page directed at showing how FT isn't a real conservative. I suppose this is a bit of an 'attack' ad....but as long as we don't get personal, I don't see a problem with it.

Any thoughts?

LibertyEagle
08-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Slugg, even though I hate it, it's going to have to be done at some point. We might as well be ready with it.

shrugged0106
08-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Slugg, even though I hate it, it's going to have to be done at some point. We might as well be ready with it.

I dont really know how the Wiki builds work, but I'd be glad to learn and try to help in small ways with direction.

My one request is that we try to take a very high road in our negativity. Stick to all facts and no emotion. It's what traditional conservatives appreciate and turn towards mostly.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Yes, but guys, don't push that Dr. Paul is libertarian so much. He is also a Republican, a conservative and a constitutionalist. If we can get Republicans to understand that Reagan called himself a libertarian-conservative, we've bridged the gap. Not too long ago, I saw an article in which Reagan was talking about Mises, how much there was in common between libertarian views and conservative views and how he thought of himself as a libertarian-conservative.

Has anyone else run into that article? If you know the link, I would certainly appreciate it.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2007, 10:01 AM
I dont really know how the Wiki builds work, but I'd be glad to learn and try to help in small ways with direction.

My one request is that we try to take a very high road in our negativity. Stick to all facts and no emotion. It's what traditional conservatives appreciate and turn towards mostly.

Agreed. They like facts. Though they also like a tinge of patriotic emotion too. ;)

I'm a traditional conservative (ie. libertarian-conservative), by the way.

Slugg
08-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Yes, but guys, don't push that Dr. Paul is libertarian so much. He is also a Republican, a conservative and a constitutionalist. If we can get Republicans to understand that Reagan called himself a libertarian-conservative, we've bridged the gap. Not too long ago, I saw an article in which Reagan was talking about Mises, how much there was in common between libertarian views and conservative views and how he thought of himself as a libertarian-conservative.

Has anyone else run into that article? If you know the link, I would certainly appreciate it.

You're right, we do need to bridge the gap. Separate him from the lib name just a bit and try to get the rep badge on just a tad tighter.

Why don't we use another portion of this forum (strategies perhaps?) and start a thread instead of using a wiki? I have to get going in a sec, I can't begin the research just yet. But, if we can create a strong baseline for it, I don't mind creating a website dedicated to pointing out FT's non conservative positions.

I don't 'LIKE' this idea, but as you said above, it's going to be neccisarry. The hard part will not be making a case for Ron being 'more conservative' than FT, the hard part will be getting it out there....but one step at a time I suppose huh?

shrugged0106
08-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Agreed. They like facts. Though they also like a tinge of patriotic emotion too. ;)

I'm a traditional conservative (ie. libertarian-conservative), by the way.

methinks we share an ideology! :)