hillertexas
01-29-2008, 11:36 AM
nice

Azprint
01-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Loved it.

Goldwater Conservative
01-29-2008, 11:40 AM
The only thing that would have made the article better is that picture of Fox blatantly censoring Ron Paul from the Nevada results.

rpfp2008
01-29-2008, 11:44 AM
This is the funniest SHE-ITE I've read in a while. Down with dem bitches.

mconder
01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
The will have a resurgence once Hillary is elected and they have a new arch nemesis to blame all our nations problems on. How do you think Rush became so popular in the 90s?

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Now where were all those Fox News email addressess? I wonder if they would like to get a copy of this article in their inbox ;)

To e-mail to Faux News (They Distort, We the People Decide):
yourcomments@foxnews.com, friends@foxnews.com, studiob@foxnews.com, cavuto@foxnews.com, myword@foxnews.com, special@foxnews.com, oreilly@foxnews.com, rnolte@newscorp.com, cfelenstein@newscorp.com, mregan@newscorp.com, alexandra.marinescu@fox.com, brian.peterson@fox.com, brian.lewis@foxnews.com, irena.briganti@foxnews.com, Chris.Bellitti@foxcable.com, thomas.tyrer@fox.com, americasnewsroom@foxnews.com, Andrew.Napolitano@foxnews.com, Atlarge@foxnews.com, beltway@foxnews.com, Bigstoryweekend@foxnews.com, bill.oreilly@foxnews.com, brian.knoblock@foxnews.com, Brit.Hume@foxnews.com, bullsandbears@foxnews.com, cash@foxnews.com, Cavuto@foxnews.com, colonelscorner@foxnews.com, david.asman@foxnews.com, Drmanny@foxnews.com, Fatherjonathan@foxnews.com, Feedback@foxnews.com, Fncimag@foxnews.com, Fncspecials@foxnews.com, FNS@foxnews.com, Forbes@foxnews.com, foxnewsonline@foxnews.com, Foxreport@foxnews.com, friends@foxnews.com, gretchen.carlson@foxnews.com, Hannity@foxnews.com, Hannityandcolmes@foxnews.com, Heartland@foxnews.com, Hemmer@foxnews.com, ian.rae@foxnews.com, Jamie@foxnews.com, jane.skinner@foxnews.com, JER@foxnews.com, john.moody@foxnews.com, kathy.ardleigh@foxnews.com, kilmeade@foxnews.com

pacelli
01-29-2008, 11:47 AM
I submitted the article to digg & will post the link when it is active.

pacelli
01-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Digg it up!

h ttp://digg.com/politics/Prediction_Fox_News_is_in_for_a_very_rough_2008

realist
01-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Fantastic story- There's no media outlet more deserving of a good smack down. My only regret is that the consequences aren't worse or more public so everyone can understand the depth of their bias.

pacelli
01-29-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm learning this anonymous linking thing, please bear with me. Here's an anonymous link to digg the article.

http://anonym.to/?http://digg.com/politics/Prediction_Fox_News_is_in_for_a_very_rough_2008

Blythexo
01-29-2008, 11:59 AM
brilliant!

mysticgeek
01-29-2008, 12:02 PM
great article

itshappening
01-29-2008, 12:08 PM
The will have a resurgence once Hillary is elected and they have a new arch nemesis to blame all our nations problems on. How do you think Rush became so popular in the 90s?

you're so right.

TwiStEr
01-29-2008, 12:11 PM
great read, indeed :)

Crickett
01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Fantastic story- There's no media outlet more deserving of a good smack down. My only regret is that the consequences aren't worse or more public so everyone can understand the depth of their bias.

Well, I just had a really LONG talk with a supervisor at FCC. She tried to give me the 1st Amendment stuff--I told her the FCC was organized AFTER that constitutional amendment was, and that there was a REASON my tax dollars were funding it. I quoted their laws to her. I requested their definition of an "editorial". (They could not give me one, so I gave them mine, and told them ALL the stations had violated sending the three things to other candidates after one). I asked HER if she has seen anything about RP in print or on TV or radio. I asked her to ask her friends at work if they had (she admitted she had not). She asked me if we had called or written the stations. I told her NUMEROUS times and we had gotten different answers but RP still not listed in their election stuff. I told her the World was looking at this obvious manipulation unfavorably. I asked her what are they DOING to help the Public?

She asked me for the numbers of different rules I was citing. SHe promised me to refer this to their legal dept. I told her the FCC blew off a legitimate complaint from Kucinich already, and that was WRONG for the American People. I asked her to follow up, and ask the legal dept. to SEARCH and find ANY WAY that this horrible manipulation could be fought by the FCC because the big picture is that OUR 1st amendment rights are being denied. SHe said she would. I do not know.

dshields
01-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Interesting... Perhaps we should just starting filing complaints. Try and get responses from local radio stations in email that you can forward to the FCC.

Interesting approach...

Dave

Nyte
01-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Best article evar! :D

Danny Molina
01-29-2008, 12:30 PM
HAHAHA

G) The fledgling Fox Business Network, whose anemic ratings are in danger of being surpassed by some large city public access channels.

jacmicwag
01-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Fox does not deserve to host another debate (ever) after what they did to Paul.

Santana28
01-29-2008, 12:36 PM
okay, well.. how long til CNN learns that the boost they've been recieving will go away just as quickly at the point that they start censoring Ron Paul like Fox has? I can't wait to watch *NEITHER* network, quite honestly. Wolf's days are just as numbered as John Gibson's are.

hueylong
01-29-2008, 12:41 PM
bump

Paul Revered
01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
I posted this on MySpace.

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, I just had a really LONG talk with a supervisor at FCC. She tried to give me the 1st Amendment stuff--I told her the FCC was organized AFTER that constitutional amendment was, and that there was a REASON my tax dollars were funding it. I quoted their laws to her. I requested their definition of an "editorial". (They could not give me one, so I gave them mine, and told them ALL the stations had violated sending the three things to other candidates after one). I asked HER if she has seen anything about RP in print or on TV or radio. I asked her to ask her friends at work if they had (she admitted she had not). She asked me if we had called or written the stations. I told her NUMEROUS times and we had gotten different answers but RP still not listed in their election stuff. I told her the World was looking at this obvious manipulation unfavorably. I asked her what are they DOING to help the Public?

She asked me for the numbers of different rules I was citing. SHe promised me to refer this to their legal dept. I told her the FCC blew off a legitimate complaint from Kucinich already, and that was WRONG for the American People. I asked her to follow up, and ask the legal dept. to SEARCH and find ANY WAY that this horrible manipulation could be fought by the FCC because the big picture is that OUR 1st amendment rights are being denied. SHe said she would. I do not know.

There are "equal time" provisions regarding political candidates, aren't there? I wonder how their equal time provisions work in relation to the numbers here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1104379&postcount=53
McCain got 85 times more coverage than Dr Paul last week. Dr Paul got statistically closer to ZERO than 0.1% of main-focus coverage, and only 0.2% overall. Check out the graphs in the link. It's disgusting.

RonPaulFTFW
01-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Too bad that it's all just a write off for murdoch.

It doesn't matter if Faux makes money or not and he's aknowledged that basically.

pacelli
01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Well it seems the bury brigade is out in full force against this digg article:

http://anonym.to/?http://digg.com/politics/Prediction_Fox_News_is_in_for_a_very_rough_2008

The article is from Media Matters. That alone is reason enough to bury this story. However, since this entire article is unfounded speculation I'm going to bury it for that reason.

Please help against the bury brigade!

seeker1
01-29-2008, 01:42 PM
That was a great article.

Glad to see those guys getting their due.

Neomatrix
01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Ha ha....Blow back:)!

slamhead
01-29-2008, 01:45 PM
They are the main banner advertisers on Myspace.com
Add this to your host file

127.0.0.1 *.fimserve.com

Windows
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

MAC:
From terminial:

sudo pico /etc/hosts

Linux:
Well the fact that you use linux...you know this already.

JenaS62
01-29-2008, 01:59 PM
All I can say is - What goes around, comes around. I love it!

acptulsa
01-29-2008, 02:00 PM
There are "equal time" provisions regarding political candidates, aren't there?

Used to be. Then everyone with a filing fee got on every debate. I remember as a kid watching one debate where one candidate's answer to every question was "Push the button!" (yes, the nuclear button). It's a shame.

As for Faux, the less those of us with cable/satellite watch the better, as that will help their ratings sink more. Those of us who pull tv from the ether via an antenna should be able to keep everyone informed about the usual newscasts. As for the dedicated news channel, it's turning into a who cares anyway. If you have cable or sat., viewing is bumping their ratings, which bumps what they can charge advertisers. Boycott them!

peters
01-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I only wonder what the great FOX journalists will say when the day comes.

"In the news: nameless old man won the elections, Hillary Clinton achieved surprising 39% of the vote."

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Used to be. Then everyone with a filing fee got on every debate. I remember as a kid watching one debate where one candidate's answer to every question was "Push the button!" (yes, the nuclear button). It's a shame.
I'm sure there's still *something* enacted. Someone around here was dancing with the FEC about nuances such as the difference between news and editorial, or some such, because that was a bit of a loophole that allows them to show more of another. But it's probably being abused, which we can monitor.

As for Faux, the less those of us with cable/satellite watch the better, as that will help their ratings sink more. Those of us who pull tv from the ether via an antenna should be able to keep everyone informed about the usual newscasts. As for the dedicated news channel, it's turning into a who cares anyway. If you have cable or sat., viewing is bumping their ratings, which bumps what they can charge advertisers. Boycott them!

I don't have a TV, and I highly recommend others ditch theirs, too. It's so liberating. You'll miss it for maybe a week, and then after that... bliss!