PDA

View Full Version : Playing hardball with the GOP

noztnac
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM
In my opinion Ron Paul should say the following to the GOP leadership.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm in this race for the long haul and you know from my congressional record that I won't budge an inch on principle.

My support is growing daily and there will come a time when you will be forced to make a decision. Thus far the Republican Party has been going to great lengths to prevent me from succeeding in my quest to restore our nation to the conservative values of the founding fathers.

If you nominate me you will get small government, free markets, and low taxes and I am the only candidate who can beat the democrats on the war issue in a general election. I also, by being a doctor, nullify any advantage they may seem to have on the issue of health care.

If you nominate any other candidate you will lose because I will run as a third party candidate and will split the republican base.

My loyalty is to the principles of the Republican Party. If the party abandons its principles I will abandon the party and so will most other true conservatives.

So you need to carefully consider your selection. Do you want me or the democratic nominee?