PDA

View Full Version : Major opportunity missed!!

capagrl
01-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Every day, my heart leaps with joy when I check the Ron Paul fundraiser information on his homepage. Not so much from the amount donated (awesome) or the daily amounts raised (very cool), but when I view not only the *number* of donors each day followed by the most incredibly amazing statistic in the world - "Number of First Time Donors TODAY". WHY are there no daily summary graphs of these numbers? Did you know for the past 3 weeks, virtually every single time I've checked these numbers (almost daily), the number of First Time Donors is nearly or sometimes more than HALF of the daily totals???!!!

I want this information on display in Times Square! I want the Media to see how many more people are joining the r3VOLution DAILY!! I want the other 'candidates' to see how much support this nut job, fringe, darkhorse "un-electable" man is getting - not just in dollars, but in new blood DAILY!!

How can I get this request to campaign headquarters?? How can we capitalize on these facts?? Why isn't there a DAILY news release featuring these numbers going out across the wires?!

Tell me I'm not alone in being encouraged by this phenomenon!!

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 11:04 AM
No, you're not alone.

And the MSM still thinks Ron Paul is polling at 5-7%?

heh heh.

Now if all these first time donors would sign up as precinct captains....

pacelli
01-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Every day, my heart leaps with joy when I check the Ron Paul fundraiser information on his homepage. Not so much from the amount donated (awesome) or the daily amounts raised (very cool), but when I view not only the *number* of donors each day followed by the most incredibly amazing statistic in the world - "Number of First Time Donors TODAY". WHY are there no daily summary graphs of these numbers? Did you know for the past 3 weeks, virtually every single time I've checked these numbers (almost daily), the number of First Time Donors is nearly or sometimes more than HALF of the daily totals???!!!

I want this information on display in Times Square! I want the Media to see how many more people are joining the r3VOLution DAILY!! I want the other 'candidates' to see how much support this nut job, fringe, darkhorse "un-electable" man is getting - not just in dollars, but in new blood DAILY!!

How can I get this request to campaign headquarters?? How can we capitalize on these facts?? Why isn't there a DAILY news release featuring these numbers going out across the wires?!

Tell me I'm not alone in being encouraged by this phenomenon!!

First, welcome to RPF ! The best way to get it to campaign HQ is to either call the campaign office, or go to the site and contact Dan McCarthy, who posts on the "Daily Dose" campaign blog.

pinkmandy
01-29-2008, 11:08 AM
202 first time donors just today! That is awesome and thanks for pointing it out! Damn right it deserves major coverage!!!!

jasonuher
01-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Now if all these first time donors would sign up as precinct captains....

Baby steps, you don't go right from 'liking a candidates positions' to 'canvassing for them'. These new donors love the message enough to donate, donating is easy. They will grow towards the campaign and sign up soon, they just need some time for that extra oomph it takes to actually get off your ass and do something.

capagrl
01-29-2008, 04:36 PM
202 first time donors just today!

Pinkmandy, those numbers are happening EVERY SINGLE DAY!! And I'm not even exaggerating. I'm going to copy my post to Dan McCarthy right now :)

pacelli
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
With so many new donors, it is critical to post the Feb 1 moneybomb everywhere you possibly can, including the comments section on the campaign's blog posts.

Kotin
01-29-2008, 04:38 PM
you are not alone.

i'd love to know also.

capagrl
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
OH, and thanks for the welcome, Pacelli!! I've been lurking for a while and supporting for a LONG while - glad to finally be vocal on the forum :)

(I'm a precinct leader, too!)

Catatonic
01-29-2008, 04:43 PM
The media knows. They're not stupid. When I saw Ron Paul win straw polls just to have headlines read "Romney gets second" and still ignore Dr. Paul, I knew the media was a lost cause. We'll have some minor victories with the media but unless you have the cash to buy out Murdoch/GE, there will be a black out no matter what happens.

Lord Xar
01-29-2008, 04:49 PM