PDA

View Full Version : What's the weirdest thing that happened to you while canvassing?

Mahkato
01-29-2008, 09:57 AM
What's the weirdest thing that happened to you while canvassing?

pinkmandy
01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Nothing weird yet but a few people have been on the phone and we hand them info and leave...we can hear them telling whoever is on the phone about us and the RP slimjim in their hands...2 for one. ;)

wgadget
01-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Last weekend while out signwaving/slimjimming the traffic, a woman driver INSISTED on ignoring me, giving me the Invisible treatment. Well, she just sat there, looking at her hands, messing with her nails...meanwhile, the traffic light had turned and probably 10 cars had gone through the light, and she was still sitting there fidgeting and ignoring me...I piped up and said "THE LIGHT TURNED..." She looked at me and laughed and said, "Yeah, it DID!"

LOL. What a foolish, foolish woman.

Not weird, just funny.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I have been doing canvassing for quite some time now. a couple of months back I decided to do a block two towns over from mine and I knocked on the door and a woman in (I would guess) her mid 30's answered the door in only her bra and panties. I damn near forgot what I went there for and even though I got everyone on that block I still want to go back and canvass there some more lol.

slacker921
01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
drunk guy.. who said he was watching reruns of the debates.. he was very interested in RP and took RP slim jim and a DVD. I'm not sure he made it back to the couch though or even remembered our being there.

steph3n
01-29-2008, 10:23 AM
drunk guy.. who said he was watching reruns of the debates.. he was very interested in RP and took RP slim jim and a DVD. I'm not sure he made it back to the couch though or even remembered our being there.

I had the drunk guy part happen, but I don't think he wat watching any debate reruns by the sound of it :D

Gertie
01-29-2008, 10:37 AM
I was trying to hand out lit on primary day, and a guy drove up to me (after voting... unfortunately :rolleyes:), asked for a copy of the lit, and handed me a Christian pamphlet in return. LOL.

Mahkato
01-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Some old lady's dog got out when she opened the door for me, and she spent like 5 minutes chasing after it. In her pajamas and boots.

I traded literature with some LDS missionaries who were out doing their thing.

jacmicwag
01-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, a lot of the elderly are so happy to see someone they will sit and talk for a very long time. I'm not sure if they'll go for Ron though. Did the phone bit last night and got hold of a lady who is 98 years old and voting. Unfortunately she's a dem and likes Hillary.

ASayre
01-29-2008, 10:55 AM
We were tabling and hand a person on both sides of the table handing out stuff.

Someone came up to the left side of the table, asked for a flier, then without looking at it, took the flier, went to the other side of the table and handed it back to the other fellow.

And then there was the guy with the dinosaur sock-puppet. It seemed he was lucid, except for the sock puppet who was hungry.

dsentell
01-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I was canvassing with a gentleman and while I was speaking to a middle aged couple, they asked me if the man with me was Ron Paul . . . .

l2jPerry
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM
One lady, after seeing my Ron Paul button said "If this is for Ron Paul, i'm going to kill you."

I replied "I'm sorry"

She said "We're so sick of this!" And then slammed the door in my face...but she grabbed the literature out my hand before she closed it :P. lol.

Not all that funny, but it's the best story I got...