PDA

View Full Version : Love them or hate them, RP supporters are good for the process

evadmurd
01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
You know, as I sit here sulking in self-pity...a combination of anger and depression, I have to think about what has happened this presidential election cycle. Granted, the numbers of voters have been on the rise with the Bush v. Gore and Bush v. Kerry cycles. As the media creates divide, numbers of voters seem to increase. But this time, with no incumbent running, the numbers seem to be astronomical. Why?

I think a large part of it is us. Ron Paul, and more specifically the Ron Paul supporters, have gotten people's attention, and they realize that there is a very active coalition of supporters that could have easily overtaken this election and pushed their candidate to the top. Without knowing who Ron Paul was, all the other voters (some long time regular voters, but MANY rare or first time voters) became aware of us and became interested once again in politics. It is terribly unfortunate, however, that they are not independent thinkers, but instead sheep led to slaughter (IMHO).

Unfortunately, the media chooses to focus on the relatively few Ron Paul lunatics (and I mean that with true respect for all of them :)), putting negative spin on them, and tying them to the campaign. Major "news" organizations can't attack Dr. Paul on the issues, so they attack his support. These supporters "became" Ron Paul to many. So far, many have not liked that Ron Paul.

In short, our excitement, enthusiasm and love for our Ron Paul may have ultimately shot ourselves in the butt. I'm not saying that all is lost--far from it--but time, real estate and votes seem to be slipping away.

But today will be a great day! While none of us expect to have any great impact in Florida, we know that from today we will continue to fight onward. Ron Paul will push along, winning hearts and votes along the way. Other candidacies will fall away.

There is still plenty for all of us to do. Of course, support Ron any and every way we can, but also find and support lesser candidates for congress, governorships, local offices, etc. That seems to be on the rise, with even some Paul supporters throwing there hats into the ring. That, like it or not to the rest of the electorate, is truly inspiring.

Ron Paul supporters. You love 'em or hate 'em. Either way, they (we) have made an impact in the process. And that is a good thing. Keep up the good fight, focus on Ron Paul and the issues and this revolution will not die...

...in fact, it has only begun.