PDA

View Full Version : Voted early and the lady that gave the ballots ask me "What is Ron Paul running for".

jlaker
01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Five of my friends and I voted early yesterday in IL for Ron Paul. We went to the table and the lady asked us what party we needed. She was really excited to see us young people voting and said we were the biggest group they have had since early voting started. Then she ask who we were voting for and we said Ron Paul. Then she asked "so what is Ron Paul running for anyway". I laughed a little and said for PRESIDENT. Then I started to tell her a little about him and she was interested saying really, Wow, I cant believe I never heard of him. Before we left I asked if she would like a slim jim and she said YES!

My thought is this though, how can you look at ballots all day long and help with the early voting and not know who the canidates are. She even said she was a republican. :confused:

ross11988
01-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Poor Poor lady.

Jae0
01-29-2008, 09:39 AM
She listens to what she's told and doesnt try to think for herself, probably.

Jim_Karr
01-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Then after she played you all, she handed you a pen that doesn't show up for the machines to read.

dawnbt
01-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Way to have a Slim Jim loaded and ready!

IRO-bot
01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
That is out biggest obsticle. If people knew of Ron Paul. They would vote for him. We need commercials, lots of them.

Jae0
01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Wait, I thought people handing out ballots couldnt legally ask who you're voting for?

jlaker
01-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Then after she played you all, she handed you a pen that doesn't show up for the machines to read.

that is so funny you said that because i asked her if these markers were going to read in the machines. LOL and she asured me that they would.

belian78
01-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Where at in IL are you?

Here in the Peoria area, it was Rudy Rudy Rudy all summer. Last time i was in the Peoria County Rep office to drop off RP supplies, everyone (all 4 ladies in there) were talking Romney/McCain. There was still Rudy yardsigns aplenty. Apparently no one is taking those. the RP ones seem to go pretty well though. :D

Its all top down man, whoever the uppers talk about is who the grunts look into. it sad really, all the groupthink.

On a side note, in the last month our Meetup has put up about 10 4x8 signs around the area, tons of yard signs, and I've been seeing lots of houses decked out for RP that i know we didnt do. :)

nodope0695
01-29-2008, 09:46 AM
The Establishment and MSM love people like that woman. They NEED people like that woman, hence the dumbing down of America and the mindless drivel found on television. More people vote for American Idol that for president...that should tell you something about the Amerikan Sheeple. Most people are fleeced.

I'm glad you were able to talk to her - perhaps you've recruited a new RP supporter, and converted a sheeple over to The People.:D

belian78
01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
The Establishment and MSM love people like that woman. They NEED people like that woman, hence the dumbing down of America and the mindless drivel found on television. More people vote for American Idol that for president...that should tell you something about the Amerikan Sheeple. Most people are fleeced.

I'm glad you were able to talk to her - perhaps you've recruited a new RP supporter, and converted a sheeple over to The People.:D

I see our new slogan! :D:D

Elijah
01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
That is out biggest obsticle. If people knew of Ron Paul. They would vote for him. We need commercials, lots of them.

Lots and lots of Commercials!! I agree 100%!!! This is the only way. People watch TV so much. Commercials spun our way! Infomercials and more!!

Commercials are key in this fight! They will always take our money!!

walt
01-29-2008, 09:48 AM

http://ronpaulvideoviewbomb.wordpress.com/

jlaker
01-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Where at in IL are you?

Here in the Peoria area, it was Rudy Rudy Rudy all summer. Last time i was in the Peoria County Rep office to drop off RP supplies, everyone (all 4 ladies in there) were talking Romney/McCain. There was still Rudy yardsigns aplenty. Apparently no one is taking those. the RP ones seem to go pretty well though. :D

Its all top down man, whoever the uppers talk about is who the grunts look into. it sad really, all the groupthink.

On a side note, in the last month our Meetup has put up about 10 4x8 signs around the area, tons of yard signs, and I've been seeing lots of houses decked out for RP that i know we didnt do. :)

Macoupin county. It's a little over an hour south of springfield

TwinTurboMike
01-29-2008, 09:50 AM
I just thought of some new terminology to describe people like her:

Fox Republicans - Individuals who base their political beliefs and interests solely on what is gathered from hours of biased 'news' from the mainstream media.

Jae0
01-29-2008, 09:51 AM
I just thought of some new terminology to describe people like her:

Fox Republicans - Individuals who base their political beliefs and interests solely on what is gathered from hours of biased 'news' from the mainstream media.

That would be exactly what my grandmother is.

blakjak
01-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Lots and lots of Commercials!! I agree 100%!!! This is the only way. People watch TV so much. Commercials spun our way! Infomercials and more!!

We need LOTS and LOTS of money for lots and losts of commercials!

PaultheSaint
01-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Wait, she asked you before you even got your ballots? Never tell anyone, especially if that person is control of you tickets and pens.

belian78
01-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Macoupin county. It's a little over an hour south of springfield

i think i go through Macoupin on my way to Carbondale when I go. Are you signed up to be a preceinct leader yet? if not, get to it man. We've got peoria area going pretty well, and I know Carbondale and St Louis is all over it. Then we have the Chicago groups as well... Hopefully IL can show RP some love on Feb 5th.

Jae0
01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Wait, I thought people handing out ballots couldnt legally ask who you're voting for?

^^^ anyone?

jlaker
01-29-2008, 10:02 AM
i think i go through Macoupin on my way to Carbondale when I go. Are you signed up to be a preceinct leader yet? if not, get to it man. We've got peoria area going pretty well, and I know Carbondale and St Louis is all over it. Then we have the Chicago groups as well... Hopefully IL can show RP some love on Feb 5th.

Yes, I am signed up as a preceinct leader. I have some more calls to make and some more slim jims i want to hand out. I babysat today for my friend and for payment she is going to help me with this!:D

jlaker
01-29-2008, 10:07 AM
^^^ anyone?

I guess we were all pumped up to vote and I think all of us showing up to together made her curious.

stevedasbach
01-29-2008, 10:12 AM

If it's the campaign, they don't have a choice. Any media outlet that runs ads for any candidate is required to run them for all candidates for that office, under the same terms.