PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in Louisiana?

Thatguyuknow
01-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I took a break since mid January from Ron Paul and politics in general, I come back and see that RP placed second in Nevada and now is contending for first in Louisiana?? I also heard that Nevada has more delegates than South Carolina and that Louisiana has a chance of boosting RP's delegate count WAY up..

I just have to ask, what is all this confusion going on in Louisiana? It would be huge if RP placed first, beating out all the "front-runners" in a southern state. Second place itself is huge anyway.. When will we know if RP placed first?

I can guarantee you that RP is going to do good in Texas, the state loves him.. too bad our primary is AFTER super tuesday :mad:

Jae0
01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Check the Louisiana forum for explanations.

acptulsa
01-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Reader's Digest version: They pooled all the "other" votes, disenfranchised a bunch of Huckabee supporters because that was the only way to get McCain enough votes for a "win" to deprive Dr. Paul of his deserved victory, and right now they're trying to get everyone who hasn't been registered Republican for twenty years disenfranchised lest Dr. Paul win anyway.

In other words, they're deliberately and obviously screwing new recruits and Christians to ensure they lose in November so they can continue business as usual under Clinton. It's just more long-term G.O.P. thinking.

Now aren't you glad you asked?