PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking about being a precinct leader....

nodope0695
01-29-2008, 08:15 AM
How do I go about learning where my precinct is? What is involved with being a precinct? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE: I joined up just now. I can't wait to get out there and spread the word. Hopefully, I'll do well. Wish me luck.

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 08:25 AM
How do I go about learning where my precinct is? What is involved with being a precinct? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

CLERK
Elected by Voters to 4-year term:
Kathy P. Smith (D), Clerk, 2010
(410) 535-1600, ext. 2263
e-mail: kathy.smith@courts.state.md.us
web: www.courts.state.md.us/clerks/calvert/index.html

The county clerk can provide a map of your district.

All the other info is at voters.ronpaul2008.com

Welcome aboard!

jdmetz
01-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Your voter id card should be able to tell you what precinct you live in. The boundaries of precincts in your area (or if your voter id card doesn't tell you which one you live in), can often be found on your city or county webpage. Try googling "... county precinct map" for your county.

What is involved?

1) You get a list of all registered voters in your precinct, sorted by street address. You also get information (varies by state) on how conservative/liberal they are, possibly which party they are registered in, how likely they are to donate money, how much influence they have over other people's voting, and if any particular issues are of concern to them (taxes, gun control, and abortion were listed on my sheet).

2) Ideally, you would get an opportunity to talk to every voter on the list about Ron Paul. This could be in person or over the phone (in person is probably more convincing). If you are unable to do so (because your state votes too soon, or for other reasons), then dropping off slim-jims at each house would be a good start. If your state has a closed primary and the party switch deadline has passed, then you would focus on registered Republicans.

Once you are registered, there are videos to help you learn what to do. Please register -- even if you can only do a little bit -- every little bit does help.

qwerty
01-29-2008, 08:27 AM
AWESOME!

Remember to also contact as many people as you can online (for example myspace) and offline to get as many new leaders as possible!

Visit this thread,

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104208

:cool:

nodope0695
01-29-2008, 08:49 AM
I joined up!!! I'm going to get some help from my meetup members and we're gonna canvas.

qwerty
01-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I joined up!!! I'm going to get some help from my meetup members and we're gonna canvas.

Awesome....

Encourage everyone you know to JOIN TOO!

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 08:51 AM

This is how the rEVOLution grows....

suavivity
01-29-2008, 08:54 AM
It's super easy to do. Plus if you like to tell people about Ron Paul, it's a lot of fun too.

Good Luck!!

qwerty
01-29-2008, 08:56 AM
This is how the rEVOLution grows....

And this is how it GROWS SUPER FAST

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104208