PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Wins FreedomWorks GOP Presidential Straw Poll

JPFromTally
08-04-2007, 12:48 AM
FreedomWorks officially closed its Republican Presidential Straw Poll early this morning after 16,371 limited government conservatives cast their votes over 3 days of polling. Texas Representative Ron Paul won by a wide margin with 56 percent of the vote.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070803005514&newsLang=en

Here is my favorite part of this press release:

The FreedomWorks GOP Straw Poll was engineered to allow for only one vote per e-mail address, and all email addresses had to be validated to count in the poll, making it one of the most accurate online polls.

DJ RP
08-04-2007, 01:52 AM
You know this is over 8,000 unique ron paul supporters right here for sure.

And this is just one poll on one website.

Clearly a force!

JasonM
08-04-2007, 02:27 AM
nah, three fourths of the emails were made JUST to vote in that single site!!

Ron Paul spammers strike again!!! :cool:

0zzy
08-04-2007, 02:41 AM
nah, three fourths of the emails were made JUST to vote in that single site!!

Ron Paul spammers strike again!!! :cool:

possible :]

The Dane
08-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Think about the sitename "freedomworks". Why should those people not vote for RP ?

Question_Authority
08-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Funny thing is, even after winning their poll, RP still does not rate to be one of the featured candidates on the home page. You have to click on "view other candidates" to see his profile.

I had never heard of freedomworks until now. They apparently have 800,000 members nationwide and full time staff in several states! I think it would be worth it to join this organization and get involved to promote the freedom message.

At the same time, I am concerned about some of the board members. Steve Forbes is bad news. I saw him slamming RP on TV a few weeks ago. He is a warmonger I am pretty sure. And he is fully entrenched in the monetary systems that RP speaks out against.

I wonder why, with so many members and organization, this freedomworks is not as powerful as force as, say, moveon.org. It's too bad.

MozoVote
08-04-2007, 11:25 AM
The news is on Yahoo now.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070803/20070803005514.html?.v=1

One of the more interesting untold stories of the current primary is how well organized and enthusiastic Ron Paul and Fred Thompson supporters are online

That is kind of interesting. Fred Thompson might actually have some measure of support out there. Maybe they'll come to us, when they realize sometime in October, that Fred is not going to enter the race...

Larofeticus
08-04-2007, 12:53 PM
"Funny thing is, even after winning their poll, RP still does not rate to be one of the featured candidates on the home page. You have to click on "view other candidates" to see his profile. "

They only have space for six candidates, so they pick random ones to show. Refresh and you'll see it changes.

If you look at their stances on issues, it's small wonder freedom works members "get" ron paul.

Joe Knows
08-04-2007, 02:23 PM
[I]One of the more interesting untold stories of the current primary is how well organized and enthusiastic Ron Paul and Fred Thompson supporters are online [/SIZE].

They are only reporting about all the internet activity over at www.FredThompsonForum.com

Shink
08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Awesome. I spammed it with my one vote. I totally rigged this shit.:rolleyes:

MozoVote
08-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Well, it would have been easy to create a string of e-mail alieses and vote multiple times, but I didn't think it was worth the bother.