PDA

View Full Version : FOX purchases MySpace to block Ron from MTV debate

MiconRender
01-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Rupert Murdoch going out of his way to block Ron from the Myspace MTV debate.
:mad:->C/Net article lists the invited, excludes Dr. Paul.
ttp://www.news.com/8301-13577_3-9859820-36.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5
They bought it 8 months ago. That is not so long. They will block him but I am sure they did not make the buy to do so.

Mordan
01-29-2008, 07:38 AM
petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/antifox/petition.html

VoteForRonPaul
01-29-2008, 09:18 AM
That is really a shocking news :eek:

Paul Revered
01-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I posted this on MySpace.

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
NewsCorp bought Myspace a loooooooooooooooooong time ago. 2005, I think it was.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySpace#History

A. Havnes
01-29-2008, 11:14 AM
This is extremely disturbing to me. Luckily, I think most of the people on MySpace already know about Ron Paul, but this won't help him at all. I'm not on MySpace and really don't know how it works, but is there any way users on there can get together and retaliate?

gavin12
01-29-2008, 12:15 PM
I find this report disturbing about Ron Paul begin block from the Myspace/MTV debate from yesterday because News Corp. I wanted to be honest about my favorite TV shows are part of News Corp Entertainment, shows like 24 on Fox. The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Recuse Me, Damages, The Riches and Dirt on FX. News Corp news division(Fox News) is the main problem which is allowing Viacom which MTV is a part of their entertainment division to banned Ron Paul from taking a part for the MySpace/MTV debate.

We need people like Ron Paul to educated those young people who are not part of the ron paul revolution like the MySpace/MTV debate who don't know where their generation is leading their future into. Ron Paul vision is so simple to his supporters but who don't know about Ron Paul should take their time when they are free then read about the issues that affect America's future.

down-under
01-29-2008, 12:22 PM
NewsCorp bought Myspace a loooooooooooooooooong time ago. 2005, I think it was.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySpace#History

Correct.
I'm sorry to say but you will look like fools if you say that News corp bought MySpace to ban RP from the debate.

MiconRender
01-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Correct.
I'm sorry to say but you will look like fools if you say that News corp bought MySpace to ban RP from the debate.

I was just going by what the article said, "MySpace parent company Fox Interactive Media purchased last year."
Reads like they just got it in 07. Not saying they did it to block Ron Paul just that they will block him like always. cut and dried.

ayort
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Correct.

I was going to say that!! Rupert has owned myspace for a couple YEARS. LOOOONG time before Paul was even listening to ideas about running. This thread will only make people complain about a lie and look like fools in the process.
It was his ownership that keeps me from having a myspace page, Thus just handing the fed a list of my likes dislikes and personal contacts as well as videos and political opinions. Everything you've ever revieled on that site is free market. If you have or have ever had a myspace page you are not really supporting the Boycott unless you drop it, Or fill it with anti-myspace/anti-Fox and Ron Paul in protest to the company.

Rangeley
02-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Well, how do we know he didnt do it as a pre-emptive strike against Ron Paul 2 years before he announced... he favors those afterall. :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, this is really grasping for straws.

MooCowzRock
02-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Soo.....are you conspiracy theorists done with this shit, or are you going to keep coming up with new stupid attempts to claim there is some evil conspiracy against Paul?

DrZ
02-12-2008, 10:42 PM
News Corp purchased MySpace to get a big foothold in the media of the future (the internet), which will allow them to exercise the same censorship and influence that they have in print and on TV. Unfortunately, the masses who use the internet use MySpace and Facebook as a substitute for the real internet, sort of an internet within the internet. Many people I know use nothing but MySpace (or Facebook). Just think about it... you can set up your own web site without technical knowledge and without jumping through the usual hoops. You get a nice picture-oriented and fairly spam-free interface, which more and more people are using INSTEAD of email. And it's all FREE! Unfortunately, what the masses don't realize is that major censorship is already occurring on MySpace and Facebook. Many users profiles have been permanently deleted for no good reason. The news content and election coverage you see in ads on these services are straight from "trusted sources" such as FOX, ABC, etc. And once you start actively using these services, your privacy goes to zero, because all your friends identify photos & videos you appear in, and send you messages that everyone can see, and interact with you in ways that the entire world can see. CONTROL OVER SOCIAL NETWORKS NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE HANDS OF THESE MEDIA COMPANIES.