PDA

View Full Version : What is Ron Paul's biggest shortcoming?

Akus
08-03-2007, 11:38 PM
ok

MozoVote
08-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Neither. Lack of time due to a compressed primary calendar. But I'll vote lack of manpower since I do think bodies overcome dollars when you have enough of them. Steve Forbes and Pete Du Pont could not buy victory. You need a message and you need to connect with people.

risiusj
08-03-2007, 11:53 PM
I'd say his biggest shortcoming is that people don't know anything that's happening in their countries politics and don't care about it.
Most wait for the media to give them a choice between 2 candidates, and they go and complain about having no choice.
It could be different this time around. Once people wake up, and, heck, maybe even the media talks truthfully about what's going on with Ron Paul's campaign it will be different.
If only people could see the enthusiasm that Ron Paul is creating. How many people have given money and gotten involved in the grassroots campaigning that have never done that kind of stuff before? Where is all the enthusiasm for the other candidates?

Shink
08-04-2007, 12:06 AM
The money isn't as important as feet on the ground. Money doesn't buy enthusiastic volunteers.

risiusj
08-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Yes, but money would expose many people to Ron Paul's message. I vote for the money. You can't count how many people support Ron Paul, but you can count his money. If he had as much money as any of the other candidates, he would get lots of attention. And with that attention, people would see what he's about and become enthusiastic.

rockfree33
Lack of funds because sadly, the more funs he has the more the media takes him seriously.

MyKillK
I think his biggest shortcoming is the fact that "universal health care" has become such a major issue in this 2008 election. I feel that his views on health care, although sensible, will not be well-received by those who feel that the government should give it all for free.

rockfree33
08-04-2007, 12:14 AM
I think his biggest shortcoming is the fact that "universal health care" has become such a major issue in this 2008 election. I feel that his views on health care, although sensible, will not be well-received by those who feel that the government should give it all for free.

True, but none of the Republicans stand for universal healthcare either so Ron Paul's solution will stand out from the crowd.

trispear
08-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Dr. Paul's biggest shortcoming is also his biggest strength. He doesn't pander to the crowd.

I remember in the last debate, when they had people ask questions, the host would give the candidate a slice of the questioner's life story before the question was asked. One questioner was the wife or sister (forget which) of a man serving in Iraq. When answering, all the other candidates got up off their seats and gushed about how grateful they were to her and her family's sacrifice before "answering" her question. Dr. Paul calmly stayed seated, didn't gush about any of her family's sacrifice, and answered the question.

He is very calm, cool, and collected. You know, qualities you'd want in a leader.

But our country has a large emo crowd of Ophrah and reality TV show watchers who are fueled by the emotion of the minute and can be easily manipulated by a charming charlaton while turned off by a person who seems cold and tells it like it is.

ThePieSwindler
08-04-2007, 12:29 AM
he does not ahave enuf pies :-( ;-9;-=(:-(

ghemminger
08-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Dr. Paul's biggest shortcoming is also his biggest strength. He doesn't pander to the crowd.

I remember in the last debate, when they had people ask questions, the host would give the candidate a slice of the questioner's life story before the question was asked. One questioner was the wife or sister (forget which) of a man serving in Iraq. When answering, all the other candidates got up off their gushed about how grateful they were to her and her family's sacrifice before "answering" her question. Dr. Paul calmly stayed seated, didn't gush about any of her family's sacrifice, and answered the question.

He is very calm, cool, and collected. You know, qualities you'd want in a leader.

But our country has a large emo crowd of Ophrah reality and TV show watchers who are fueled by the emotion of the minute and can be easily manipulated by a charming charlaton while turned off by a person who seems cold and tells it like it is.

I second trisper...he has hit the nail on the head.....Ophrah is the cause of much wrong in this country...she has women like hypnotised...my wife believes everthing that chick says...way too much power

Revolution9
08-04-2007, 01:38 AM
I second trisper...he has hit the nail on the head.....Ophrah is the cause of much wrong in this country...she has women like hypnotised...my wife believes everthing that chick says...way too much power

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Whiners.shtml

Fred is America's Philosopher.

Enjoy
Randy

ghemminger
08-04-2007, 01:43 AM
http://www.fredoneverything.net/Whiners.shtml

Fred is America's Philosopher.

Enjoy
Randy

I know its irrational ....but I hat Ophpra...It's wierd...my wife loves her. I hate her...It's like she' never wrong, everything she likes the country likes...and it's the expressions on the audiance that freaks me out...their always smiling and skeaky clean...and the one man in the audiance always looks like an abused husband w/ a sewater vest....WQHATS up with the SweaTER vests???:confused:

Wyurm
08-04-2007, 04:27 AM
I know its irrational ....but I hat Ophpra...It's wierd...my wife loves her. I hate her...It's like she' never wrong, everything she likes the country likes...and it's the expressions on the audiance that freaks me out...their always smiling and skeaky clean...and the one man in the audiance always looks like an abused husband w/ a sewater vest....WQHATS up with the SweaTER vests???:confused:

Irrational? Not at all, hating talk show hosts is perfectly rational. Infact, it proves sanity. While my beef isn't with Oprah, I loath a certain talk show host. See, my computer is located directly next to the TV. I set it up like this due to limited room and so I could watch C-Span while I'm on the computer. However, the TV doesn't seem to do my bidding when my wife is around, no, as soon as my wife enters the room it likes to switch to Dr. Phil. I HATE Dr. Phil. Its like watching an idiot interview idiots. I have to hear the worst, most ignorant tripe comming out of my TV when he's on. After hearing just 15 minutes of him, I feel like 10 IQ points were just stolen from me.

TV is a tool, it has its place. It can be informative (C-Span not Fox News). It can entertain when you are waiting for something and wish time would hurry up. However, many people abuse it, they use it like a drug. Instead of using TV in moderation, they overdose on it. They have to watch their shows, their Oprah, their Dr. Phil, their Montel, etc.... Its sad and ridiculous, and yes the dedicated watchers of these shows do eat up every word these talk show hosts spit out. However, take heart because the talk show areana does not breed activists. It doesn't motivate people to get out and vote. Its a drug that promotes zombification, apathy, and stupor. So, its ok that Oprah likes Obama, because so will a bunch of her viewers who will be sitting at home, watching their TVs in the hopes that Oprah's chosen one will win instead of leaving their TV to vote for him.

freelance
08-04-2007, 04:43 AM
http://www.roguegovernment.com/news.php?id=3330

Ron Paul Now Has 20K Volunteers
08-02-2007
National Expositor

In a radio interview today on the Dale Williams Show, Jeff Greenspan, Western Regional Campaign Coordinator for the Ron Paul campaign made an astounding announcement that the Paul camp now has more than 20,000 registered volunteers. Mr. Greenspan stated "I don't know any campaign in history that has had that many volunteers." Against the will of the mainstream media, this unbelievable amount of support is showing that Ron Paul's campaign is transparently evolving into a social movement. Later in the show, a caller asked why the main stream media is ignoring Ron Paul. Mr. Greenspan stated that there is a clear bias against the Paul campaign by mainstream pundits. He gave the example of the last Republican debate where Fox News did a CELL PHONE POLL. Before and during the poll, Sean Hannity explained at length how this poll would be scientific. Alluding to previous internet polls where Ron Paul had dominated, Sean Hannity quickly recanted his claims that Fox's cell phone poll was scientific when all of a sudden Dr. Paul again began to receive more votes than any other candidate. Mr. Greenspan also stated that Ron Paul is now third in terms of campaign dollars among his Republican counterparts and the contributions are growing at an enormous rate.