PDA

View Full Version : New Law

fireworks_god
01-29-2008, 04:01 AM
We need to push through legislation that will eliminate property taxes. The arguement agansit this regarding public schooling should be satisfied by someone not needing to pay if their children meet state standards in testing.

This is the fastest path to freedom. :)

JohnnyWrath
01-29-2008, 04:23 AM
My opinion is that property taxes SHOULD pay for schools because GOOD local schools increase property values FAR more than the tax is.

If the schools in your city are garbage....the property values will plummet because families with kids often check out the school system ...and many will move if they realize their kids are in a poor school system. Here in the Cleveland area....any kid that moves from Cleveland to the suburbs was always instantly held back a grade.

Edu
01-29-2008, 04:27 AM
If they can take away your house for not paying taxes there's something wrong.

It means you don't completely own your home, and I'm not talking about the mortgage.

Allodial title is the way we used to hold land, you may want to look into it.

Oh yea, the old oil companies hold land that way.

fireworks_god
01-29-2008, 05:08 AM
Property taxes are the reason why the government is able to hold you in their system as they like it. Concerns about education will be increasingly addressed by the Internet, learning in a home environment is more productive, and property values won't matter if you simply value owning the property in itself. ;)

JohnnyWrath
01-29-2008, 05:15 AM
Property taxes pay for more than schools....they pay for local police and fire departments....pay for city improvements...animal control, litter pickup, snow removal....like your road plowed???? (I Live in Ohio and like my road plowed) They pay for local food service inspections etc.....property taxes take care of communities like it should be in my opinion....I am against the federal taxes that take away from communities taking care of themselves....people vote down local levies all the time because they are taxed too much.

fireworks_god
01-29-2008, 05:21 AM
No federal income taxes, more state income taxes, which can pay for all of that stuff. Property taxes mean that you do not own the land. Its like paying rent to the government. The implications of this are well missed in considering the benefits that money produces. Its still dirty money.

What is to stop someone from building a log home in the mountains, installing technology for sustainable energy and resources, gardening and small farming and hunting and fishing for your sustenance, and being completely free as an individual? Property taxes. I'd rather live for free.

JohnnyWrath
01-29-2008, 05:51 AM
What is to stop someone from building a log home in the mountains, installing technology for sustainable energy and resources, gardening and small farming and hunting and fishing for your sustenance, and being completely free as an individual? Property taxes. I'd rather live for free.

I am not against that at all...I am mostly just saying it is one of the lesser evils as far as taxes go because people directly benefit from Hospitals, parks, police, sewers, and fire department etc.

You also have cities that pack people and businesses in to gain more revenue, and it makes most cities suck.

Most people here add the property tax onto their mortgage anyway.

I'm with you...I would rather live somewhere where the government did not control me at all....

fireworks_god
01-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Well, all highways could be toll roads, wherein you pay for some special license plate that signifies you've paid a small annual fee or something. With cities, I'd imagine some kind of city income tax would be appropriate to cover all of the beneficial services that government can provide, and that this would be held to some degree in all towns and such...

Public schools could become increasingly irrelevant as education is specifically tailored to the home, through the Internet, and social activities could be encouraged through neighborhood gatherings and so on to keep kids stimulated and interacting with others...

I don't know, but I just see a lot of things becoming more and more decentralized, its an amazing thing, and the continual reduction of taxes and the role of government are the ways we begin this. I think we should stay organized and help drive home all kinds of positive change in local, state, and federal government. :)

Edu
01-29-2008, 06:38 AM
I'm with you...I would rather live somewhere where the government did not control me at all....You mean America?

When people declared independence from the king, they became sovereign themselves. No government had control over them, everyone was equal.

They created and then put controls on new governments, all governments were limited in nature and they never gave up their sovereignty to their creations, that would be stupid.

So, what happened to that America and how can you get back to that status?

One answer is that the original America is still there, you just need to access it.

dfalken
01-29-2008, 07:22 AM
I am amazed to find anyone on these forums actually defending property taxes. Simply amazing how even here there some who just don't get it. Personally I think property taxes are even more evil than income tax as they guarantee you remain a serf to the establishment. You are forced to pay "rent" on property you own and if for some reason at some point in your life you are not making enough income to afford that rent, then the government steals your property. At least with income tax (which I strongly oppose as well) what you pay depends on what you make. Property tax is the most evil of all taxes....the moment you slip up in life and have a dip in your income you risk being buried by also losing your home to the government thieves. How anyone, especially on this forum, cannot see this is astounding.

r3volution
01-29-2008, 07:29 AM
this is a state by state issue , not a fed issue . nothing to do with Ron Paul ..