PDA

View Full Version : MSM Brainwash Attack - A BIG ONE.

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Only a week before Tsunami Tuesday, Ron Paul facing huge obstacle.

In 5 days we are facing a huge brainwashing attack. February 2nd MTV (Viacom), MySpace (Fox, NewsCorp), Associated Press, and XM Radio are set to get into the households of an estimated 200 million voters. They will not be covering Ron Paul.
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/LAM12828012008-1.htm

Potential to Reach 200 Million Voters on TV, Online, Radio and Mobile Phones, Associated Press to Syndicate Event to 1,800 Media Websites, Nearly 600 in States with Super Tuesday Primaries

We need to address this now. Please read. We need to email, call and mail these media giants right away.

NOTE TO MYSPACE USERS:
If you are considering deleting your Myspace please make sure to post a bulletin to all your friends why you are leaving. I'm not telling you to delete it, but if you choose to do so, make sure you go down in a ball of flames. :)

Thats a good idea, I think..to threaten to cancel it. If that is what they want, then they should know why it happened. They should get a chance to change their mind before e1 cancels. Now the Internet is attempting to censor RP..it is really a time the MySpace subscribers should fight-not just cancel their account.

BreakYourChains
01-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Unbelievable! Address them how? Associated Press is in on it too? I am ashamed of my own country! This would not so easily have happened had we not given the power over to the polls. The polls set the rules, but who rules the polls? What a sham!

MattMinnesota
01-29-2008, 03:55 AM
The contacts are listed right at the bottom of the linked page. Send off some emails asking why Ron Paul isn't on the list of candidates they have invited. Afterall...he has done better than Giuliani in the primaries so far!

affa
01-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Lots of numbers and emails for us to call at the bottom of that article!

affa
01-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Contacts
Edelman for MySpace
Sara Parker
(202) 350-6651
sara.parker@edelman.com

MTV
Marnie Black
(212) 258-7004
Marnie.Black@mtvstaff.com

Jason Rzepka
(212) 654-7198
Jason.Rzepka@mtvstaff.com

The Associated Press
Jack Stokes
(212) 621-1720
jstokes@ap.org

devil21
01-29-2008, 03:59 AM
Ron Paul not mentioned once.

zackmario
01-29-2008, 04:06 AM
Unbelievable! Address them how? Associated Press is in on it too? I am ashamed of my own country! This would not so easily have happened had we not given the power over to the polls. The polls set the rules, but who rules the polls? What a sham!

Its the only way I can think of getting him the publicity he needs. We are trying to do ou part here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100959

Please help of you can - it will take less than 2 minutes of your time

dsanluis
01-29-2008, 04:17 AM
everyone cancel your myspace accounts....i just did :mad:

Lord Xar
01-29-2008, 05:00 AM
emailed.

Dan Klaus
01-29-2008, 05:09 AM
cancelled my account....

defcreative
01-29-2008, 05:11 AM
WTF, that really makes me angry. We need to get Ron Paul on the list.

Lord Xar
01-29-2008, 05:11 AM
please email and call too!

also, perhaps we can have HQ's new media guy do some persuasion.

defcreative
01-29-2008, 05:12 AM
please email and call too!

Consider it done, they will hear about this from me!

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 05:13 AM

++

Restructuring my post a bit.

Dan Klaus
01-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Dan Klaus and I am writing to applaud you on the Closing Arguements presidential dialogue. What a great way to get the youth of our country involved in politics. Being a 40 year old, I remember when MTV first began broadcasting and 'video killed the radio star' and playing hooky from school to see the premiere of thriller.

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that Dr. Ron Paul has not been included in your dialogue and would like you consider being the forum that rebels against the media blackout on him. As I'm sure you know, Dr. Paul has beaten Rudy Guiliani in every vote to date and will be part of the first brokered convention since the 1950's. This is historic and has not ever occured in my lifetime - and possibly yours. Wouldn't it be great if the youth knew his platform as well as the others since he will be a part of the convention based on the amount of funding he has and the support he has garnered?

Kindly reconsider including Dr. Paul - it's the MTV thing to do.

joey
01-29-2008, 05:22 AM
well they silenced ron,we fought back ,now they are showing us how powerful they are...its a battle for the sheep..never give up never surrender..we can win this,they are just trying to crush our hope... we must grow stronger and fight....

tsetsefly
01-29-2008, 05:23 AM
cancel myspace and go to facebook, and then media blitz these fuckers...

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 05:26 AM
well they silenced ron,we fought back ,now they are showing us how powerful they are...its a battle for the sheep..never give up never surrender..we can win this,they are just trying to crush our hope... we must grow stronger and fight....

Hell yeah. I knew they'd put their collective powers together. They are all one in the same. Soon I'll be releasing a graphic to illustrate links between them all, and when I do this, even I know I haven't scratched the surface.

:) We can win this thing. They push, we push back.

Lord Xar
01-29-2008, 05:31 AM
let make sure we are polite and respectful. You can speak your mind, but lets do it intelligently and honestly. You attract bees to honey. You turn them off with vinegar.. well, uhmmm.. you know what I mean :) lets just be cool.

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Of course. I am polite now, but in all honesty I'm waiting for the day to be ... not so polite.

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Posted to my Meetup message board and my email list.

Let's get many many thousands of calls/emails about this one folks!

StonewallJacksonJenkins
01-29-2008, 05:55 AM
The forces against Ron Paul can be found almost everywhere. Traitors are everywhere.

We will not soon forget the way our movement was treated in the beggining.

AceNZ
01-29-2008, 06:08 AM
I used to work for MySpace....

Even so, I've canceled my MySpace account, and gave this as the reason.

nodope0695
01-29-2008, 06:12 AM
I was thinking of cancelling my XM Radio Account because they absolutely ignore Ron Paul on their channel, POTUS 2008. A channel suposedly for "full coverage" of the presidential elections.

Of all media outlets, I never figured XM to be an establishment whore like the rest of the MSM.

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Of all media outlets, I never figured XM to be an establishment whore like the rest of the MSM.
Clear Channel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_Communications) (AKA Romney, Bain Capital) owns some XM Radio stations. I'm not sure which ones.

qwerty
01-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Only a week before Tsunami Tuesday, Ron Paul facing huge obstacle.

In 5 days we are facing a huge brainwashing attack. February 2nd MTV (Viacom), MySpace (Fox, NewsCorp), Associated Press, and XM Radio are set to get into the households of an estimated 200 million voters. They will not be covering Ron Paul.

Potential to Reach 200 Million Voters on TV, Online, Radio and Mobile Phones, Associated Press to Syndicate Event to 1,800 Media Websites, Nearly 600 in States with Super Tuesday Primaries

We need to address this now. Please read. We need to email, call and mail these media giants right away.

NOTE TO MYSPACE USERS:
If you are considering deleting your Myspace please make sure to post a bulletin to all your friends why you are leaving. I'm not telling you to delete it, but if you choose to do so, make sure you go down in a ball of flames. :)

Thatīs why WE NEED TO "brainwash" people by ourselves!

Please, visit this topic and learn how!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104208

;)

Lisa S
01-29-2008, 06:28 AM
I think the campaign also needs to request Dr. Paul to be on C-Span. They always have people representing other candidates on Washington Journal for people to call in and ask questions. Anyone able to call in between 7-9 a.m. needs to call Washington Journal and support Ron Paul. Know beforehand, what you want to say because , they only give you about a minute to make your point.

nodope0695
01-29-2008, 06:29 AM
I just called XM Radio, and left a message. I told them that they were on notice, and that if they didn't begin it give equal coverage to Ron Paul, I would cancel my membership, and tell all my friends to do the same.

I am also considering cancelling my Myspace account.

dkim68
01-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Phone calls and e-mails won't make one bit of difference. Short of blowing up their satellites there's nothing we can do.

qwerty
01-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Please, STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON THE MEDIA, THEY JUST WON`T LISTEN! INSTEAD DO SOMETHING WHICH WILL DOUBLE OUR VOTES, CHECK THIS TOPIC!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104208

:cool:

nodope0695
01-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Contact info:

Contacts
Edelman for MySpace
Sara Parker
(202) 350-6651
sara.parker@edelman.com

MTV
Marnie Black
(212) 258-7004

Jason Rzepka
(212) 654-7198

The Associated Press
Jack Stokes
(212) 621-1720
jstokes@ap.org

speciallyblend
01-29-2008, 06:35 AM
screw'em, i would just go up to every republcan,and let them thank the msm for throwing their own party out of the general election,mdont worry about it,do the best you can and remind every republican they will lose the election,and if they want to thank anyone,thank the gop and msm for their lose.
I'm voting Ron Paul,i can careless less about the gop anymore or the msm,
tell them good luck;)

coastie
01-29-2008, 06:43 AM
WHere's our new media guy?!?!?!

HE NEEDS to get on this, like yesterday.

Face it, the amount of people we need to canvasss WONT get out there and do it.

I do when i can .

We NEED to be on the MSM, the very few of us that will canvass WILL NOT BE ENOUGH. When I canvass, I get very few people that will vote for him. Why, you ask?

The #1 reason I always get is because the he is NEVER on the news, and they know nothing about him. Dropping off lit isnt good enough, several people that "looked into him" are now voting for the Ghoul or McCain. Why?

The one's I've went back and talked to say #1 again. They truly believe the MSM has a "good reason" to be ignoring him.

The campaigns new media guy needs to be stomping mudholes in people's asses, and now. We're not going win without the MSM, sad but true.

Myerz
01-29-2008, 06:45 AM
If we win some states they will not be able to not report us regardless of the past.

wgadget
01-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Yesterday at work, a guy asked me why they don't ever talk about Ron Paul in the media. He said he thought he was out of the race, since he never heard anything about him. Turns out he was just making conversation, and is a definite Ron Paul supporter in every way. He's never spoken to me before, but we were two birds of a feather.

Anyway, do suppose Ron will be on the ballot in the Super Tuesday states?

zakkubin
01-29-2008, 07:48 AM
left message

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Anyway, do suppose Ron will be on the ballot in the Super Tuesday states?

I'm not sure but it seems likely that he's on the ballot.

GoDrNo
01-29-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure but it seems likely that he's on the ballot.

pretty sure I read either on ronpaul2008 or in an email that he is on the ballot in 47 states already, and the last 3 were almost wrapped up. I will try to find the info if I can to double check.

BuddyRey
01-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Okay, it's time to go old-school on these people, and e-mail bomb them like we used to do negligent media outlets before we got all concerned with keeping up a B.S. veneer of moderation and establishment respectability. Screw that. It's time to draw blood. As the Dude would say, "this will not stand, man."

FTL
01-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Okay, it's time to go old-school on these people, and e-mail bomb them like we used to do negligent media outlets before we got all concerned with keeping up a B.S. veneer of moderation and establishment respectability. Screw that. It's time to draw blood. As the Dude would say, "this will not stand, man."

I agree, it's time to turn it on.

FreeTraveler
01-29-2008, 08:32 AM

SOMEBODY CALL HOWARD STERN TODAY!!! He should hear about this, so he'll understand WHY he hadn't heard of Ron Paul until recently.

brandon
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I will cancel my account on the day of the debate. It is a shame, I have had it for almost 3 years now.

Paul Revered
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I posted the OP on MySpace.

itshappening
01-29-2008, 08:57 AM
-- Live studio audience participating at MTV's Times Square studio

---

PICKET THEM< !!

call them/email as well, disgusting...

A. Havnes
01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Don't forget to call! Sometimes C-Span takes calls from the viewers, so slam them then. This is crazyness! I've never heard of a candidate being blacked out like Ron Paul is.

dawnbt
01-29-2008, 09:05 AM
I just posted this bulletin to my myspace account:

As anyone who has visited my page, I am a strong Ron Paul supporter. His campaign has been repeatedly been blacked out by the mainstream media as they are afraid of the message of freedom, liberty, and anti-war would surely be the demise of the corrupt politicians, media, corportations, and bankers plans for power, corruption, and greed. Now Myspace & MTV Along with the AP intend to exclusively feature "frontrunner" Republican & Democratic candidates' 'Closing Arguments' February 2nd

Although Ron Paul has double the votes thus far in the primary/caucuses and more money than any of the others...except Romney who is personally funding his own campaign, he has once again been excluded. Rudy has not placed in the top 3 yet, however, Paul has placed second in Nevada and Louisiana.

If they adhere to this black out, I will be cancelling my account on Feb 2nd. Just wanted to let you all know so you knew why I suddenly "disappeared". I hope it doesn't come to this, but I can't support a site that so blatently will take part in censoring a pro-liberty, anti-war candidate who is noble and courageous to go up against the neo-con agenda.

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 09:09 AM
People are in their offices....call now.

Contacts
Edelman for MySpace
Sara Parker
(202) 350-6651
sara.parker@edelman.com

MTV
Marnie Black
(212) 258-7004

Jason Rzepka
(212) 654-7198

The Associated Press
Jack Stokes
(212) 621-1720
jstokes@ap.org

edit: talked to Sara Parker, asked her how it was that Rudy Guiliani is on this forum but Ron Paul isn't when Ron Paul has defeated Guiliani in every primary except New Hampshire. she said she would "pass along my concerns". I asked her if she had an opinion and she said yes but she wouldn't tell me what it was.

Keep it polite :)

dawnbt
01-29-2008, 09:16 AM
emails sent

dawnbt
01-29-2008, 09:18 AM
-- Live studio audience participating at MTV's Times Square studio

---

PICKET THEM< !!

call them/email as well, disgusting...

+10000! Show them New York, that we won't take this sitting down!!

caradeporra
01-29-2008, 09:19 AM

200 million voters? I am not too sure about that. If i am not mistaken, their are less than 400 million american citizens, and if 100% of the voters actually voted, and they were to reach all 100%, it would probably still be less than 200 million. I mean, there probably wont be 200 million voters watch the superbowl. i would say more like 30 million people, at best.

Join The Paul Side
01-29-2008, 09:19 AM

I think we need to reach out to local radio stations around the country. Both AM and FM radio. It's one of our best chances to help fight the MSM and Establishment machines. :mad:

Join The Paul Side
01-29-2008, 09:26 AM
I just posted this bulletin to my myspace account:

As anyone who has visited my page, I am a strong Ron Paul supporter. His campaign has been repeatedly been blacked out by the mainstream media as they are afraid of the message of freedom, liberty, and anti-war would surely be the demise of the corrupt politicians, media, corportations, and bankers plans for power, corruption, and greed. Now Myspace & MTV Along with the AP intend to exclusively feature "frontrunner" Republican & Democratic candidates' 'Closing Arguments' February 2nd

Although Ron Paul has double the votes thus far in the primary/caucuses and more money than any of the others...except Romney who is personally funding his own campaign, he has once again been excluded. Rudy has not placed in the top 3 yet, however, Paul has placed second in Nevada and Louisiana.

If they adhere to this black out, I will be cancelling my account on Feb 2nd. Just wanted to let you all know so you knew why I suddenly "disappeared". I hope it doesn't come to this, but I can't support a site that so blatently will take part in censoring a pro-liberty, anti-war candidate who is noble and courageous to go up against the neo-con agenda.

**Applause**

Good work! Thanks for your sacrifice! Bless you! :D

LBT
01-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Last option if all fails:

10,000 people at the debate peacefully blocking all entrances. Singing Ron Paul songs:)

These organizers may be private, but they are committing fraud by pretending to be acting fairly in the public interest. They actually have some obligation by law to be fair in presidential election coverage right?

Could legal action be taken against them for biased coverage? Perhaps forcing them to cancel or include Ron Paul.

itshappening
01-29-2008, 09:36 AM
look at this on Lew Rockwell

A famous journalist (and wonderful writer) for a famous magazine calls a friend to say that "You would not believe the pressure all across the media not to write about Ron Paul, unless it is something quirky. I am ashamed to say my own magazine is part of the blackout."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018975.html

ValidusCustodiae
01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Last option if all fails:

10,000 people at the debate peacefully blocking all entrances. Singing Ron Paul songs:)

These organizers may be private, but they are committing fraud by pretending to be acting fairly in the public interest. They actually have some obligation by law to be fair in presidential election coverage right?

Could legal action be taken against them for biased coverage? Perhaps forcing them to cancel or include Ron Paul.

I don't really think they're obligated to do anything. It's a private property issue. You're not obligated to support their sponsors etc. Also, a protest which involves a group of people intentionally blocking entrance/exit of private property is hazardous and illegal.

Jae0
01-29-2008, 09:37 AM
I hope every single reporter that chooses to listen to their superiors goes home ashamed of themselves. I could never live with myself and sacrifice my beliefs and integrity for a stupid paycheck.

Mark
01-29-2008, 09:58 AM
We're trying to get some feedback on a project that would actually EXPOSE media bias.

If you really want to fight media exclusion - there's a company that will provide the raw data we can work with.

But, WE NEED YOUR HELP to do it. Visit the threads, post ideas.

Things are in place to get the data, but we need ideas and skills to use the data to our greatest advantage.

"Project to expose MSM blackout of Dr Paul's campaign "

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1104379#post1104379

John McCain received EIGHTY FIVE TIMES more media than Dr Paul in the last week

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1107226&posted=1#post1107226

One example of how much Ron is being ignored:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5240/mediaexposurebycandidateq1.jpg

Mark
01-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I hope every single reporter that chooses to listen to their superiors goes home ashamed of themselves. I could never live with myself and sacrifice my beliefs and integrity for a stupid paycheck.

They're sacrificing a lot more than just their honor.

We all do answer for our actions after we pass you know.

And being involved in politics for the first time has shown me that many, if not most, in media and politics will pay dearly
when it's time for them to be judged before God.

hcbrand
01-29-2008, 10:10 AM
My Space is owned by NewsCorp.

Shink
01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
look at this on Lew Rockwell

A famous journalist (and wonderful writer) for a famous magazine calls a friend to say that "You would not believe the pressure all across the media not to write about Ron Paul, unless it is something quirky. I am ashamed to say my own magazine is part of the blackout."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018975.html

I remember shortly after I got onboard the campaign, someone was passing around an IM conversation between someone they knew and an employee of CNN. They were talking about how they were ordered to 'put him on ice' or whatever, their slang for 'ignore, avoid, fuck over.'

BuddyRey
01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
People are in their offices....call now.

Contacts
Edelman for MySpace
Sara Parker
(202) 350-6651
sara.parker@edelman.com

MTV
Marnie Black
(212) 258-7004

Jason Rzepka
(212) 654-7198

The Associated Press
Jack Stokes
(212) 621-1720
jstokes@ap.org

edit: talked to Sara Parker, asked her how it was that Rudy Guiliani is on this forum but Ron Paul isn't when Ron Paul has defeated Guiliani in every primary except New Hampshire. she said she would "pass along my concerns". I asked her if she had an opinion and she said yes but she wouldn't tell me what it was.

Keep it polite :)

Bump for the rEVOLution!!!

CareerTech1
01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
they are including ghooliani but not RP - they suck

CareerTech1
01-29-2008, 10:18 AM
total brainwashing going on - the media has this power play of "we can control what americans will see and think and therefore who they will vote for"

it makes me sick

then i hear my mom and so many people say "wow - I really agree with Ron Paul, but i'm going to vote for _______ (other candidate) because they will most likely win the election

what the #$@#$^!@#%&!#^@#$%@#$%@@

ItsTime
01-29-2008, 10:21 AM
http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008

"Go to https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

There are many supporters spending all their time trying to get various media interests to take Ron Paul seriously. These media interests DO take Ron Paul seriously. That is why some in the old media do want you to take him seriously. Ron Paul is a threat to the continuation of the war which many of them falsely promoted. He is the only real threat to runaway spending in Washington that narrow special interests need to keep floating.

Is spending so much time attacking the media going to help Ron Paul get elected? I do not know the answer to that for sure. But my gut instinct is that working your neighborhood is FAR MORE VALUABLE that beating the dead horse of the Old Media if you had to choose between the two, given our limited time to get the word out before Super Tuesday and other upcoming primaries.

It is MOST valuable, at this time, for supporters to canvas every neighborhood in the country door to door.

Please connect with a local precinct leader in your neighborhood. Even better, join up as a precinct leader yourself if you have not already done so. This way you can be organized to make sure everyone for miles around your neighborhood knows who Ron Paul is and what he really stands for. Ron Paul is the only candidate still running who voted against the invasion and occupation of Iraq at all turns and he clearly knows what sound monetary policy is and how to achieve it for our country. There are millions and millions of people across the country who do not yet know these facts and you can help change that today.

Go to https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Thank you for your valuable support.

Sincerely Yours,
Greg Chamberlain
MySpace Moderator for RonPaul2008"

canceling will not help one bit. Stay in the front lines.

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 10:21 AM
total brainwashing going on - the media has this power play of "we can control what americans will see and think and therefore who they will vote for"

it makes me sick

then i hear my mom and so many people say "wow - I really agree with Ron Paul, but i'm going to vote for _______ (other candidate) because they will most likely win the election

what the #$@#$^!@#%&!#^@#$%@#$%@@

People are competitive and they don't like losing. They'll bet on the shiniest car, just for bragging rights.

"If you vote for Ron Paul you will win a free country!"

mconder
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I can not believe the Ghoul is included. He has less total votes this primary season than RP?

CareerTech1
01-29-2008, 10:27 AM
I called and left messages for each of them - I as well spoke with Sara - she was polite - I expressed my concerns of media manipulation based on the freedoms upon which this country was founded, included stats of RP vs Giuliani vs Thompson, # of votes, etc.

Sara thanked me and said the Ron paul is lucky to have supporters like me / us behind him and that she will share my sentiments with the heads at MTV and Myspace.

JimInNY
01-29-2008, 10:29 AM
We NEED to be on the MSM, the very few of us that will canvass WILL NOT BE ENOUGH. When I canvass, I get very few people that will vote for him. Why, you ask?

The #1 reason I always get is because the he is NEVER on the news, and they know nothing about him. Dropping off lit isnt good enough, several people that "looked into him" are now voting for the Ghoul or McCain. Why?

You hit the nail on the head.

Goldwater Conservative
01-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Some facts I'm including in my email:

In New Hampshire, Ron Paul won 19% of the 18-24 year old vote, placing second after John McCain, and 15% of the 25-29 year old vote, placing third ahead of Mike Huckabee.
In Michigan, Ron Paul won 19% of the 18-29 year old vote, placing third ahead of Mike Huckabee.
In Nevada, Ron Paul won 19% of the 18-29 year old vote, placing second after Mitt Romney.

Ron Paul has received more total votes so far (106,414) than Rudy Giuliani (60,220). Ron Paul has beat Rudy Giuliani in 4 of the 5 states to vote so far. Yet, you have invited Rudy Giuliani but not Ron Paul.

Ron Paul has more MySpace friends than any other Republican candidate. His Facebook groups have more members than those of any other Republican candidate. He has the most popular YouTube videos of any Republican candidate. He has more search engine hits than any other Republican candidate. In all those categories, he even rivals the other "youth favorite," Barack Obama

jake
01-29-2008, 10:33 AM
agreed. the scale of censorship has hit a new low - take action ..

Crickett
01-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Thats a good idea, I think..to threaten to cancel it. If that is what they want, then they should know why it happened. They should get a chance to change their mind before e1 cancels. Now the Internet is attempting to censor RP..it is really a time the MySpace subscribers should fight-not just cancel their account.

jake
01-29-2008, 10:35 AM
I used to work for MySpace....

Even so, I've canceled my MySpace account, and gave this as the reason.

You should call your former boss and give them a piece of your mind!! :mad:

Crickett
01-29-2008, 10:38 AM
agreed. the scale of censorship has hit a new low - take action ..

I want to keep asking "why" until they admit it.

mconder
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I have called and emailed all three organizations demanding to know why Giuliani is included and RP has been excluded. Here is my email...

I would like to have your organization address why Rudy Giuliani is being included in this debate and Ron Paul is being excluded. Ron Paul has received more votes this primary season than Giuliani. Additionally, Ron Paul has received two 2nd place finishes. Something Giuliani has not achieved and probably won't. Ron Paul also raised more money than Giuliani last quarter. Clearly, Giuliani is not a top tier candidate, no matter how much the mainstream media wishes it to be so.

Iwantchange
01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
This is such crap, Rudy Giuliani gets coverage but Ron Paul doesn't? When Giuliani has consistently placed lower than Ron Paul. Man I just don't get it.

Rahl
01-29-2008, 10:50 AM
do you really think they care about emails and calls ?

STAND UP FOR YOUR COUNTRY and protest, stick your message in their face.

do it peacefully but do it !

When asked to offer a toast at the annual dinner of the New York Press Club in 1953, John Swinton, the editor-in-chief of The New York Times, a man revered by his peers as the dean of his profession, rose to the occasion by finding the courage to make the following confession.

"There is no such thing as an independent press in America at this date of the world’s history. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print.

"I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

"The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

"We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks; they pull the strings, and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities, and our lives are all the property of other men.

"We are intellectual prostitutes."

tmg19103
01-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Emailed - not ever again using/watching all service of and related to MTV and MySpace while boycotting their advertisers.

Goldwater Conservative
01-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Okay, here's the full text of my email to all the people listed as contacts earlier in the thread:

I notice that you have not invited Ron Paul to participate in an upcoming special of yours on the presidential election, yet you have invited the 4 other Republicans still running. As a recent college graduate who believes you provide an indispensable service to young voters, I'm amazed and offended you could overlook such a major candidate. To put things in perspective:

In New Hampshire, Ron Paul won 19% of the 18-24 year old vote, placing second after John McCain, and 15% of the 25-29 year old vote, placing third ahead of Mike Huckabee.
In Michigan, Ron Paul won 19% of the 18-29 year old vote, placing third ahead of Mike Huckabee.
In Nevada, Ron Paul won 19% of the 18-29 year old vote, placing second after Mitt Romney.

Ron Paul has received more total votes so far (106,414) than Rudy Giuliani (60,220). Ron Paul has beat Rudy Giuliani in 4 of the 5 states to vote so far. Ron Paul has finished second twice (Nevada and Louisiana) while Rudy Giuliani has finished fourth in one state and sixth in all others. You have invited Rudy Giuliani.

Ron Paul has more MySpace friends than any other Republican candidate. His Facebook groups have more members than those of any other Republican candidate. He has the most popular and viewed YouTube videos of any Republican candidate. He has more search engine hits than any other Republican candidate. In all those categories, he even rivals the other youth favorite, Barack Obama.

He is the only candidate in either party to have voted against the war in Iraq, to continuously oppose it unequivocally, and to propose immediate withdrawal (the three major Democrat candidates recently backtracked from earlier statements indicating a willingness to have troops stay there through 2013 and beyond). This war is more strongly opposed by my generation than by the population at-large, and issues of war and peace strike close to home, considering the potential for a draft (as John McCain, who is only offering a continuation and probably even escalation of the Bush doctrine, has admitted) and that a disproportionate number of those making the current sacrifices are my age.

On many other matters, such as overall foreign policy, civil liberties, tax reform, Social Security reform, and monetary policy, Ron Paul is also the only candidate offering bold changes in policy instead of tweaks to the status quo.

Given all of the above, I believe it is only fair and in the interest of democracy, especially as it concerns young voters, that you invite Ron Paul to your special. Thank you.

affa
01-29-2008, 10:52 AM
This is such crap, Rudy Giuliani gets coverage but Ron Paul doesn't? When Giuliani has consistently placed lower than Ron Paul. Man I just don't get it.

Mainstream media dominated by 5 multinational corporations, all of which are part of the military-industrial complex (for example, GE).

Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate left.

affa
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
If this event occurs without Ron Paul, we should infiltrate it - get as many people tickets to it as possible, and then have multiple waves of peaceful disruption (ie, chanting 'Ron Paul') as possible until they've kicked every last one of us out.

Ron2Win
01-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Digg anyone? Must be someone with low submissions

emilysdad
01-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Dr. Paul needs to address this and now, the timing is perfect.

He needs to call a national press conference. It would be covered because of speculation he is calling it quits. Then he needs to get angry, really friggin angry.

He needs to lay this media blackout out in plain view.

Then, after explaining his number one myspace stats, need to inform the public that he has with great regret cancelled his myspage page.

He needs to get mad and get this out and discuss everything that has been discussed on this thread.

Agent CSL
01-29-2008, 11:11 AM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2965/shinymrhg0.jpg

Ron2Win
01-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Digg:

h ttp://digg.com/politics/Super_Presidential_Dialogue_on_Feb_2nd

wildboar
01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I cancelled my myspace account.

affa
01-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Contacts
Edelman for MySpace
Sara Parker
(202) 350-6651
sara.parker@edelman.com

MTV
Marnie Black
(212) 258-7004

Jason Rzepka
(212) 654-7198

The Associated Press
Jack Stokes
(212) 621-1720
jstokes@ap.org

Cinderella
01-29-2008, 11:55 AM
this is bullshit...ive called and called the numbers listed above along with other numbers people have left and it gets me no where!!! they listen for a minute and tell u they cant help u or answer ur questions or they take a message and promise to call u back but never do....im so sick of this bullshit....i hate to seem pessimistic and i dont want to be called a troll but it seems our efforts are coming up short...we have dedicated time to convert voters and to get people educated to ron pauls message but then our efforts are squashed with voter fraud....the msm is not fair in their promotions of candidates, but thats no surprise...people i talk to dont even kno ron paul exists!! i have placed signs on certain buisness properties only to be replaced by mccrackhead signs or hitlery signs....i dont kno what to do....i have maxed myself out on donation...emails have been sent..time has been spent on spreading the message....calls have been made...my myspace has been cancelled but it seems like no matter what i do it doesnt really make a difference....i dont understand how we can beat these msm asslickers if they ban him from the debates???

arbnranger
01-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Ive made my calls to their voice mails.

This is just unreal!
I'm actually at a loss for words.

affa
01-29-2008, 12:00 PM
when you call, make sure that you:

are polite.
that Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate.
that Ron Paul has beaten every other candidate in at least one state and has consistently beaten Rudy.
That limiting his voice is unamerican.

AND... remind them THEY work for the company doing this. Remind them that they are complicit. (POLITELY)

Ron2Win
01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
This is pure BS

Cinderella
01-29-2008, 12:29 PM
its so damn frustrating....i feel im getting no where with these buttheads

Cinderella
01-29-2008, 12:33 PM
big ole bump

slamhead
01-29-2008, 12:35 PM
My email to those concerned.

RE: http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/LAM12828012008-1.htm

In reference to the above link, It seems that you left one candidate off the list of invitees you are considering for your Closing Arguments event on February 2. I am sure it is a simple over site on your part. This candidate finished with 10% in the Iowa caucus, he placed second in the Nevada caucus and looks to earn 1/3 of the delegates for that state. After all the ballots are counted it looks like he will earn a 1st place in the Louisiana caucus. This candidate beat Rudy Giuliani in the majority of primaries/caucuses. He has more gross votes than Giuliani. This candidate has out raised all other Republican candidates in the 4th quarter of 2007. This candidate has more supporters on myspace.com, facebook.com, and meetup.com than any other candidate with exception of Obama where myspace is concerned.

So as you see it must be an over site on your part. It would be logical to include this candidate in your February 2nd event. It has to be an over site...right? If it was not an over site I would simply have to come to the conclusion there is bias in the media against this candidate. His name is Dr. Ron Paul.

Lets be honest. I don't know you. It may be that you have no power over what the selection criteria is for your event. I would assume you are voters and would have concern over what is going on this election. Don't you think it is strange that the selection criteria only rules out one candidate "polling" nationally with less than 10%? I would think if he met this criteria the rules would be changed much like they were in the Louisiana caucus.

I would hope someday information will leak from the media of what is going on behind the scenes this election. I know there has to be people of conscience within these organizations. I am not one to give into conspiracies but I am finding it very hard not to see one where Dr. Paul is concerned. The same company that excluded Dr. Paul from a republican forum now owns myspace and is excluding him from this event. The same company that actually took it upon themselves and edited out the mere mention of Dr. Paul from an AP press release on the Wyoming caucus.

It used to be that MTV used to like to buck the establishment but it now seems they are going along with the establishment. I always looked upon the AP as the last true syndication of reporters but that has now been tainted with your involvement in this censorship of Dr. Paul.

I just ask one thing of you. Stop serving your masters and be real American patriots. One day there may not be a freedom of the press and you will only have yourselves to blame.

Cinderella
01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
thats a great letter....i will be using some of the things u say....thanks for posting

Santana28
01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
very curt email sent. i WILL cancel my myspace, and i'll make sure every friend and family member does so as well.

Elle
01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I just called and the lady who answered took my name and phone number. She said someone would call me back later this afternoon.

maghi85
01-29-2008, 01:41 PM
nice letter

puppetmaster
01-29-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/docs6/warandpeace.jpg

affa
01-29-2008, 02:24 PM
I just called and the lady who answered took my name and phone number. She said someone would call me back later this afternoon.

Yes. They are deflecting all calls. Ask her why she works for a company that would silence an anti-war voice in American politics.

asheville4paul
01-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Just canceled my myspace.

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 03:04 PM
its so damn frustrating....i feel im getting no where with these buttheads

That would be because you ARE getting nowhere with these buttheads.

Venting, and cancelling your account may make you feel better, but it won't achieve anything. This is a strategic decision by Murdoch. Any losses he may sustain here would be viewed as 'soft-money' contributions to support his warmongering statist agenda. He will more than make such up later. Media make more profit from war than from peace, it's as simple as that. His minions are just enforcing directives, and won't resile from their actions.

I have a plan in action to expose them: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100886

Goldwater Conservative
01-29-2008, 03:15 PM
What's humorously ironic (and sad) is that the MySpace page for this has nothing but Ron Paul comments. Elephant in the room, anyone?

affa
01-29-2008, 03:37 PM
That would be because you ARE getting nowhere with these buttheads.

Venting, and cancelling your account may make you feel better, but it won't achieve anything. This is a strategic decision by Murdoch. Any losses he may sustain here would be viewed as 'soft-money' contributions to support his warmongering statist agenda. He will more than make such up later. Media make more profit from war than from peace, it's as simple as that. His minions are just enforcing directives, and won't resile from their actions.

I have a plan in action to expose them: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100886

Absolutely.
I recommend talking to them about their complicity. That is, politely hold THEM responsible for their complicity in working for a company that engages in such activity. 'leaving your number' won't do a thing.

Yom
01-29-2008, 03:39 PM
bump.

boomer
01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
bump