PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on the FDA

GoodA$Gold
01-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I tried searching for this topic on the forums but couldn't find an answer. What would Ron Paul try to do with the Food and Drug Administration if anything? Would he be for drastically reducing its scope or preserve its current state? I recognize he has been vocal over the years about the war on drugs and current drug laws in this country but I am not sure where he stands when it comes to the FDA.

thuja
01-29-2008, 12:50 AM
he will stop the FDA fom stopping our ability to care for our health the way we wish to with safe natural products and natural health care

http://www.newstarget.com/the_FDA.html

therealjjj77
01-29-2008, 12:52 AM
A few things about the FDA:

First, they have increased the cost of researching medicine by 100 fold.

Second, they favor the big pharmaceutical companies that lobby them.

Third, they have caused more deaths then they have prevented by how many useful drugs that have not entered the market due to the increased research costs, or the deaths that took place while the drug took years upon years to approve.

Fourth, they have done more to bury the harmful findings on certain vaccines and drugs then to expose the findings, endangering many lives.

The FDA has to go if we are to address the huge prescription drug bill that pays for prescription drugs for our elderly. Otherwise we will bankrupt our country when the baby-boomers begin coming home to roost on Medicare in 2011.

Ron Paul, as a Doctor and as a statesman bound to the Constitution, is opposed to the FDA.

thuja
01-29-2008, 01:00 AM
look up codex alimentarius as well, as there is another problem. too bad we have to be so vigilant about our food and vitamins, but it's a good thing D Paul is aware of these problems and planning to fix them.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul261.html

thuja
01-29-2008, 01:09 AM
if you eat meat, or are worried that the next thing we may have to register our land for may be growing our own veg gardens, there is another issue to look intoalong with FDA and CODEX, and that is the NAIS.

http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul326.html

thuja
01-29-2008, 01:24 AM
use the info from the above posts to talk to prospective voters. the issue of freedom to take vitamin supplements is a huge one with people over 40.

thuja
01-29-2008, 01:44 AM
i cannot believe people here are so disinterested in their own health. my main reason to support Dr Paul is his interest in fighting the FDA, CODEX, and NAIS.

where will we be if we are restricted to taking pharmaceuticals and eating genetically engineered fake food from cloned animals and irradiated dead vegetables? in the hospital getting staph and other infections we can't cure by ourselves anymore. miserable future, i think, so look into these issues, and tell everyone who cares to really live.

thuja
01-29-2008, 01:55 AM
really, finances are urgent, but i suggest HEALTH is urgent as well. in fact, even more so.

Ex Post Facto
01-29-2008, 01:59 AM
There are many natural ways of treating symtoms. The FDA should only advise of harmful effects, but I think that should be left to companies to prove it on their own. Imagine no FDA, the companies will have to actually pay for their own research to determine dangers in the drug or treatment. The consumer will actually have to find out about these treatments and make a choice.

thuja
01-29-2008, 02:04 AM
companies are, i think, being forced now to do ever so much more proving, exceeding what pharma has to do, which will, even according to the FDA, put many or most small or new companies out of business.

thuja
01-29-2008, 02:09 AM
that info is somewhere on www.wellnessresources.com type in fda

'fda attacks small nutrition companies'

thuja
01-29-2008, 02:17 AM
There are many natural ways of treating symtoms. The FDA should only advise of harmful effects, but I think that should be left to companies to prove it on their own. Imagine no FDA, the companies will have to actually pay for their own research to determine dangers in the drug or treatment. The consumer will actually have to find out about these treatments and make a choice.

this is what we want the freedom to continue doing- finding out information, and making choices, not being directed by the FDA about what to do, since they are notorious prevaricators.