PDA

View Full Version : Video: Jim Cramer Loses It

kimosabi
08-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Jim Cramer Loses It

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=452808336&play=1 (http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=452808336&play=1)

"He has no idea how bad it is out there" (re Ben Bernanke)

"My people have been in this game for 25 years and they're losing their jobs"

"We have Armageddon... in the fixed income markets, we have Armageddon".

angelatc
08-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I iwsh everybody would use YouTube. That video won't play in my Firefox.

MozoVote
08-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Is Cramer usually that wired and theatrical?

Badger Paul
08-03-2007, 09:58 PM
uhh yeah (which is why I don't watch him), so if he was REALLY wired and theatrical, then he must be serious.

Alabama Supporter
08-03-2007, 10:08 PM
He is theatrical and hyper, but I have not seen him raise an alarm like this.

The most telling quote I got was "7,000,000 people in the last 3 years mortgaged their home with a "teaser" variable rate or piggyback loan. These people will lose their homes"

kimosabi
08-03-2007, 10:14 PM

The most telling quote I got was "7,000,000 people in the last 3 years mortgaged their home with a "teaser" variable rate or piggyback loan. These people will lose their homes"

The subprime debacle has only just begun, there are another 18 months of Subprime ARM's to adjust...

nexalacer
08-03-2007, 10:19 PM
holy shit, that was intense.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 10:49 PM
bmb

0zzy
08-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Wonder what he thinks about Ron Paul's views on economics.

JasonM
08-03-2007, 11:07 PM
wow......just.......wow.

I know Jim Cramer can be out there but.........WOW

He's really pissed. LOL.

For the love of God, do NOT give this guy caffeine! He's liable to pop a blood vessel. lol

MozoVote
08-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Bernanke doesn't have many friends here, but so far I have not had too much complaint with him. He's playing a bad hand about as best he can, if his goal is to not tank the economy and not reflate the bubble.

I'm beginning to think he may have the backbone to resist calls for rate cuts as the economy begins to stall on its own, and Cramer's screeching may be an indication that *he* thinks so too...

yoshimaroka
08-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Youtube version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd5zAbDKZEg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eitulip%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fsh owthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D1726

Bradley in DC
08-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I iwsh everybody would use YouTube. That video won't play in my Firefox.

It won't play for me in Safari either. Also, from what I can tell from the site, he wants the Fed to "push on a string" in our parlance. Fools never learn.

Bradley in DC
08-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Youtube version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd5zAbDKZEg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eitulip%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fsh owthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D1726

Excellent, thanks. Love the music and edits!

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Bernanke doesn't have many friends here, but so far I have not had too much complaint with him. He's playing a bad hand about as best he can, if his goal is to not tank the economy and not reflate the bubble.

I'm beginning to think he may have the backbone to resist calls for rate cuts as the economy begins to stall on its own, and Cramer's screeching may be an indication that *he* thinks so too...

What happens if Bernake lowers rates and we get hyper inflation???

BIG_J
08-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Um....buy a house or another hard asset! WeeeeEeeeeEe!

BenIsForRon
08-04-2007, 12:08 AM
This is what you see when very simple economic principles are finally realized in this incredibly complex economy we have. Some of these hedge funds have been trading nothing but numbers for years, simply nothing. Bear Stearns deserves what is happening to them, and there is nothing they can do to get out of it.

This kind of reminds me of why our trade with china doesn't make any sense. They're trading us actual goods for useless green paper. How long do we think this illusion can last?

SwordOfShannarah
08-04-2007, 12:54 AM

Bastille Day?

ghemminger
08-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Bastille Day?

Seriously...Whats the chances of this and what would if look like "on the ground":confused:

TheEvilDetector
08-04-2007, 02:39 AM
This is nothing. Things will get a lot worse. This guy is only 1 voice out of millions who are getting screwed by status quo.

Hamburglar
08-04-2007, 03:14 AM
If I remember correctly Ben Bernanke and Cramer used to work at same hedge fund. I wouldn't be suprised if this is a show. Panic causes irrationality, irrationality makes for good deals and government buyouts. They're going to make a killing off this.

freelance
08-04-2007, 03:15 AM

Zimbabwe?

MsDoodahs
08-04-2007, 09:28 AM

Let's assume he's right with this assertion (which he may not be right - I've not checked the number anywhere).

How many of the 7 mil left have already refi'd into fixed rate?

How many of the 7 mil are fully capable of keeping up their obligations regardless?

IMO, Cramer's little temper tantrum was all about getting his name noticed and spreading fear. He's an attention whore.

GMTA. :)

Panic causes irrationality, irrationality makes for good deals and government buyouts. They're going to make a killing off this.

Exactly. This is why Buffett's advice (be fearful when others are greedy - and greedy when others are fearful) is, IMO, excellent advice.

Seriously...Whats the chances of this

I have no idea what the chances of a hyperinflation are...I suspect the chances are pretty high...because I don't have a handle on how likely one is, that's probably why it is one of the things that worries me most...

and what would if look like "on the ground":confused:

This is something that I wonder about...what would be the real world at my street address impact of a hyperinflation?

It isn't something I've seen a lot of info on (maybe just haven't looked in the right places :confused: ) but in trying to prepare for all possibilities, I've given it some thought...doesn't mean I'm in any way right. This is as far as I've gotten...

The house: If you own outright or are in a fixed rate loan, you should be okay as best I can tell, because your note won't go up and you'll be paying the bill with dollars worth ... nothing. ARM holders or renters, I don't know...

The job: Probably okay but possible implosion of the company, so savings are a must and not only in dollars as they'll be worthless. Here's where PMs ... and barter items come into play. Stock market could explode - isn't that the Zimbabwe (sp) example?

Food: Get that pantry fully stocked, for as long a time period as you can reasonable store and reasonably afford. I have no idea what the duration of a hyperinflation would be and I think food prices could skyrocket - hurting an awful lot of people, really bad. Which is why I'm trying to get my pantry built up. (I've done a 'maximum storage life' list for basic pantry items that I pulled together from a book called "Making the Best of Basics" and I'm happy to share via PM with anyone who might be interested, it's just for your typical grocery store items, nothing fancy or survivalistic like "wheat berries and a grinder." :) )

Barter goods: In case dollars are worthless, you'll need stuff to trade with. NoDooDahs says liquor, beer, and cigarettes will be worth more than gold in a hyperinflation. After all, who do you think is gonna be in a position to buy your gold? Mix in some non perishable food items, and you can barter with the common man. That's the way to get your carpentry work done and your car repaired - because the local carpenter and mechanic aren't necessarily interested in your bullion..but they might be very interested in a drink or a carton of smokes.)

I'd love to hear what others think a hyperinflation would look like "on the ground" and what preparations they think are best to make. :)

MozoVote
08-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Buy copper tubing as a hedge. The copper has intrinsic value and people need it to make distillers for moonshine. :D

Alabama Supporter
08-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Let's assume he's right with this assertion (which he may not be right - I've not checked the number anywhere).

How many of the 7 mil left have already refi'd into fixed rate?

How many of the 7 mil are fully capable of keeping up their obligations regardless?

I tend to think that many of the people who have these variable rate loans probably aren't saavy enough to re-finance and keep their home. You are talking about the same people that agreed to interest only and baloon payment loans. They took advantage of the system, and the system took advantage of them. The rates will re-adjust, and they will walk away from the home.

I can't believe they gave home loans with no proof of income. The lenders got what they asked for.

Kregener
08-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Aww...the poor "traders" on Wall Street, who make a living out of nothing, pushing other people's money around from credit to credit, might lose their "jobs".

*SIGH*

MsDoodahs
08-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Aww...the poor "traders" on Wall Street, who make a living out of nothing, pushing other people's money around from credit to credit, might lose their "jobs".

*SIGH*

I don't want to see anyone lose their job, whether they work on Wall Street as a trader or on Main Street as a plumber.

Brian4Liberty
08-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Typical.

What Cramer is begging for is a Federal Reserve bail-out of the corrupt lenders, bankers and Wall Street charlatans. If the Fed lowers rates, the lenders/bankers keep their rates the same, thus giving them a bigger profit margin. Bail-out money. Money inflated out of your pocket. Same thing they've been doing for years.

That’s on top of the corporate welfare they get via the home equity loan and mortgage income-tax deductions. More money out of your pocket.

If the whole scheme falls apart, the crooks may even lose a little of their OWN money. That would be so bad, they might send someone on tv to scream and cry for them. ;)

And of course if it gets really bad, the Oligarchy will have no choice but to make a few examples, and actually prosecute some of them. Then they'd have to flee the country...that wouldn't be convenient for them.

BIG_J
08-04-2007, 12:41 PM
MsDooDahs - I would look at it like this; If they got into a teaser rate mortgage; i.e. SubPrime or Alt-A with 100% Financing; they are going to lose their homes regardless if they refinanced into a fixed-rate; because the fixed rate is just as high as what they will be paying after adjustment of their loan. I think that this will save the upper middle income earner; because they might be able to cut back on other things; however, anyone who said "what's my monthly payment" will now be screwed as they won't be able to refinance with low credit scores and the same high interest rate on their loan. It's going to get very ugly...

I think I mentioned this in another thread; but we just hired someone that used to work for Wells Fargo, and they got a letter from the sheriff in San Berandino County saying that "We will no longer be kicking people out of the homes you foreclosed on because WE DON'T have enough Manpower..."

If that isn't telling of what's to come; I don't know what is. Cramer losing it on TV only gives me more reason to think that

A. Ben doesn't care about Hedge Funds
B. Ben isn't lowering IR
C. Cramer's buddies are going to get slaughtered in one or two more quarters.

If INDYMAC goes down....watch out below!

MsDoDahs your optimism is contagious; however, I just don't see things panning out for the better this time!

We'll see what happens...

MozoVote
08-04-2007, 12:46 PM
National Mortgage News gossip says things are still getting even tighter, and risk keeps getting repriced.

This is interesting. I remember this columnist posting teases about looming problems in creditland just before subprime went rancid last December.

http://data.nationalmortgagenews.com/columns/hearing/

Badger Paul
08-04-2007, 01:42 PM
This is why we need to get rid of the Federal Reserve system because what Cramer wants is more liquidity in the market and more easy credit floating around to juice up of the economy. In other words, ingnore the federal deficit,t he falling dollar or 78$ oil prices, lets open up the vault and take what we want to bail ourselves out. He wants another Alan Greenspan riding to the rescue of Long-Term Capital Management.

One person, one unaccountable person should not have that much power over the economy. How can he resist Wall Street's pressure when people like Cramer are going batsh*t like this? Don't be suprised if the printing presses steart gearing up on Tuesday after this little tirade. I wanted to put a straight jacket on him.

CNBC may think this is all good TV and entertaining. But if I want to see professional wrestling, I'll watch USA, not CNBC. What happened to all the stuff-shirt and tight collar bankers out there? The sober-sided conservative gentlemen that used to control our economy? At least they didn't act like this in public when things went south one day, they kept their heads and did what was necessary. Instead we've got cheerleaders, liars and hucksters acting like finanical anyalists who don't know nuthin. They've learned nothing from 2000. Do you think Louis Rukeyser (God rest his soul) would act like this on TV? Boy how I miss him.

Maybe we need a recession to get rid of all the crap out there and teach people a lesson about lending money. The Federal Reserve System is not a credit account!

MsDoodahs
08-04-2007, 01:56 PM
MsDooDahs - I would look at it like this; If they got into a teaser rate mortgage; i.e. SubPrime or Alt-A with 100% Financing; they are going to lose their homes regardless if they refinanced into a fixed-rate; because the fixed rate is just as high as what they will be paying after adjustment of their loan. I think that this will save the upper middle income earner; because they might be able to cut back on other things; however, anyone who said "what's my monthly payment" will now be screwed as they won't be able to refinance with low credit scores and the same high interest rate on their loan. It's going to get very ugly......

That's true only of those who bought more house than they could afford at the higher, readjusted rate. It will not affect those who could have afforded their house at the higher rate and took the teaser rate for other reasons. I'm not saying there aren't plenty of people who did buy more house than they could afford at the higher rate, but I don't believe every individual who took advantage of the ARMs fits that category.

I think I mentioned this in another thread; but we just hired someone that used to work for Wells Fargo, and they got a letter from the sheriff in San Berandino County saying that "We will no longer be kicking people out of the homes you foreclosed on because WE DON'T have enough Manpower..."

If that isn't telling of what's to come; I don't know what is. ......

California's housing market situation is not representative of the whole country, not by a long shot.

Cramer losing it on TV only gives me more reason to think that

A. Ben doesn't care about Hedge Funds
B. Ben isn't lowering IR
C. Cramer's buddies are going to get slaughtered in one or two more quarters.......

A. Agree.
B. Agree (and have been saying that all year).
C. Very possibly, but not necessarily. (and I hope to take full advantage of slaughterage if it happens).

:)

MsDoodahs
08-04-2007, 02:11 PM
CNBC may think this is all good TV and entertaining. But if I want to see professional wrestling, I'll watch USA, not CNBC.!

CNBC is after RATINGS; Cramer gets them good numbers. Go read Cramer's guru grade at cxoadvisory.com. Cramer's history demonstrates he's right 48% of the time and wrong 52% of the time. If CNBC gave a hoot about the quality of what their 'talent' was saying, they'd have someone on there with a better record. CNBC is doing what all television does - CNBC is providing entertainment.

What happened to all the stuff-shirt and tight collar bankers out there? The sober-sided conservative gentlemen that used to control our economy? At least they didn't act like this in public when things went south one day, they kept their heads and did what was necessary. Instead we've got cheerleaders, liars and hucksters acting like finanical anyalists who don't know nuthin. They've learned nothing from 2000.

They're on Bloomberg. I've gone back to Bloomberg because like you, I'm not watching for entertainment.

I think the best shows on CNBC are OnTheMoney with Melissa Francis and parts of - PARTS OF - FastMoney. ("That bald headed f%$$##r is starting to make sense to me" reference to Jeff M of FM by the Fly. :eek: )

freelance
08-04-2007, 02:57 PM
OH MY GOD! I've been listening to him for years. He actually told the truth about how desperate things are! I am in total shock. I'm gonna have to listen to that a few more times.

torchbearer
08-04-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't want to see anyone lose their job, whether they work on Wall Street as a trader or on Main Street as a plumber.

How about they get a real job like the rest of us? I've got a bachelors and student loans for days... all i can get in this great economy is a waiter job. How about they wait tables for a living? I don't feel pitty for the money handlers and swindlers... on Bastille Day, they will be in the long long long line for the guillotine.

freelance
08-04-2007, 05:36 PM
MsDoodahs, any thoughts on property taxes? What happens if our cities pull a New Orleans on us? What if they raise property taxes 1000% or more? We could all be out of houses in no time. Then what?

I'm with you on the food storage and stockpiling the necessities.

MsDoodahs
08-04-2007, 05:48 PM
...nevermind...

MsDoodahs
08-04-2007, 05:54 PM
MsDoodahs, any thoughts on property taxes? What happens if our cities pull a New Orleans on us? What if they raise property taxes 1000% or more? We could all be out of houses in no time. Then what?

You have two options.

You move.

Or, if that is your particular hill of choice, you stay and don't pay, and deal with the consequences. However if you choose to stay, you must do so with the full understanding that the state is nothing but force, and that the state will use violence - up to and including your death - when you refuse to pay.

torchbearer
08-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Regret and envy often metastasize into anger and resentment.

Robbing people through a priviledged system controlled by the federal reserve is what i'm angry about... and all those that profit from our labor are thieves. I don't regret, i don't envy. i don't want to be them and i don't want to be rich, i just want a free market economy based on honesty.
Robbing people = inflation tax. Robbing people = market manipulation. Did these people earn an honest dollar or steal it from someone else?
I like you MsDoodahs- please don't insult me with over-simplifications are pretending to understand my motives.

MsDoodahs
08-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Robbing people through a priviledged system controlled by the federal reserve is what i'm angry about... and all those that profit from our labor are thieves. I don't regret, i don't envy. i don't want to be them and i don't want to be rich, i just want a free market economy based on honesty.
Robbing people = inflation tax. Robbing people = market manipulation. Did these people earn an honest dollar or steal it from someone else?
I like you MsDoodahs- please don't insult me with over-simplifications are pretending to understand my motives.

Don't hate the player, Torch. Hate the game.

Those guys responded to incentives for misallocation of capital in the same way the small farmer who planted corn instead of soybeans this year did. Would you stick the small farmer in line next to the money manager?

Where do you draw the line on who you'd punish for their responses to the bad gov't we all live under?

As to whether or not the dollar they earned was stolen, I don't know that past remuneration for money management skill - working the system that exists - can be considered theft. I know I don't consider it theft, and those who invested were not forced to do so.

nullvalu
08-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Holy crap! I've watched his show before but I've never seen him THAT pissed off before.. that was fun..

constituent
08-05-2007, 05:10 AM
sorry msdoodah but I live in rural south texas....

the small family farms reject federal subsidies (usually on principle alone). in fact they usually hate the welfare queen housaustonio investors who suck up all the land and use "farm bureau" and other b.s. groups to lobby on their behalf ensuring a stacked deck.

monoculture is a thing of the past and would not work in a free market. given the amount of environmental damage it causes, we should not subsidize any of it whatsoever... the market will adjust and we will all be better off. farms for farmers.

Bauer Power!

nexalacer
08-05-2007, 05:28 AM
I hate to make a post with vague information and no links but... I'm tired so, sorry. Maybe tomorrow I'll find links:

I read an article in Japan Times today (Sunday's edition in Japan) that talked about the head guy in the company that Cramer mentioned leaving or being forced to leave. Most Japan Times articles are from AP so you can probably find it there. Sorry, I don't have any more....

My question is, you think this is related to the blow-up Cramer had?

MsDoodahs
08-05-2007, 09:17 AM
sorry msdoodah but I live in rural south texas....

the small family farms reject federal subsidies (usually on principle alone). in fact they usually hate the welfare queen housaustonio investors who suck up all the land and use "farm bureau" and other b.s. groups to lobby on their behalf ensuring a stacked deck.

monoculture is a thing of the past and would not work in a free market. given the amount of environmental damage it causes, we should not subsidize any of it whatsoever... the market will adjust and we will all be better off. farms for farmers.

Bauer Power!

My comment had nothing to do with subsidies. :)

kimosabi
08-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Here are some good responses to the Cramer goes Crazy Video's.

Another Ron Paul Supporter:

Cramer....it is OVER!!! ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS0ioB2G_bU

U.S. Economic Collapse Part 5 A ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CQfRai6yo

U.S Economic Collapse 5 Part B ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA8JQIwcEK0

freelance
08-06-2007, 06:19 AM
You have two options.

You move.

We're planning to do that anyway to ride it out and position ourselves for a real bargain down the road. We're still near the top here and drive-by developers are buying up our type of house like crazy. We have one nice offer that we're considering, but now we have to figure out where to move.

In our wildest fantasy, we buy our home back AFTER the developer has renovated at a discount. We can dream, can't we? :cool:

MsDoodahs
08-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Anyone watch CNBC World last night, when the Australian markets opened?

They had two guests (and the two hosts of course).

They showed the video of Cramer's little temper tantrum...and all four of them were laughing at him, then they discussed what a foolhardy thing Cramer was begging the Fed to do.

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Here are some good responses to the Cramer goes Crazy Video's.

Another Ron Paul Supporter:

Cramer....it is OVER!!! ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS0ioB2G_bU

U.S. Economic Collapse Part 5 A ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CQfRai6yo

U.S Economic Collapse 5 Part B ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA8JQIwcEK0

This guy is Cool....MAnoTruth...you guys should check him out...he's great...esp the send me an angel video!

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Holy crap! I've watched his show before but I've never seen him THAT pissed off before.. that was fun..

Dude...watched your retarded video agian and laughed even harder....maybe it has legs....

constituent
08-06-2007, 03:43 PM
msdoodah

"those guys responded to incentives for misallocation of capital in the same way the small farmer who planted corn instead of soybeans this year did. would you stick the small farmer in line next to the money manager?"

i'm sorry if I misinterpreted this statement, but it seems to me that you would be touching on this very issue. furthermore, as stated in my previous post, it was not the small farmer who planted corn this year... atleast not instead of something else. so grouping the mythical small farmer in with the wall street business men who use these rigged markets to squeeze out the mythical small farmer is way way way out there.

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 03:50 PM
As Lew Rockwell puts it:

'Print the Money!! Print the Money!!' (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014474.html)

Loose-money guru Jim Kramer flips out, even for him, at the alleged reluctance of the Fed to rip the rest of us off and depreciate the dollar at an even faster rate, to the benefit of the panicked Wall Street elite, which includes Kramer.

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Question: why does the chairman of the board of governors of the federal reserve have any control over interest rates? Are those affected indirectly in some way by monetary policy, or does the government (well, the quasi governmental fed..) actually manipulate interest rates? One would think they would let the market sort out usury issues. What tools do they use to manipulate interest rates?

MsDoodahs
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
msdoodah

"those guys responded to incentives for misallocation of capital in the same way the small farmer who planted corn instead of soybeans this year did. would you stick the small farmer in line next to the money manager?"

i'm sorry if I misinterpreted this statement, but it seems to me that you would be touching on this very issue. furthermore, as stated in my previous post, it was not the small farmer who planted corn this year... atleast not instead of something else. so grouping the mythical small farmer in with the wall street business men who use these rigged markets to squeeze out the mythical small farmer is way way way out there.

I also live in Texas. South Central. :)

I wasn't lumping small farmers in with Wall Streeters.

I was referring to the gov'ts recent requirements re: ethanol - which sent corn prices through the roof - which in turn gave a signal to farmers to plant corn - which incentivized some to plant corn instead of soybeans - which meant there was way more corn on the market - which meant the price for corn went down - and since there were fewer acres in soybeans - the price for soybeans went way up.

The state is behind it, not the Wall Streeters. :)

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Question: why does the chairman of the board of governors of the federal reserve have any control over interest rates? Are those affected indirectly in some way by monetary policy, or does the government (well, the quasi governmental fed..) actually manipulate interest rates? One would think they would let the market sort out usury issues. What tools do they use to manipulate interest rates?

Printing money and the inflationary result. Great for the stock market, bad for nearly everyone else.

constituent
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
msdoodah

you know the funny thing about ethanol (off topic I know)...

we have grasses growing in our ditches that can produce ethanol at 5:1 ratio (acres) over corn. free energy, in the ditch.

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Printing money and the inflationary result. Great for the stock market, bad for nearly everyone else.

So they print money.. and interest rates in the market adjust accordingly to inflation? I'm assuming high rates are a product of high inflation, and only help out lenders, whilst debtors are screwed by inflation and the subsequent high interest rates?

MsDoodahs
08-06-2007, 06:11 PM
msdoodah

you know the funny thing about ethanol (off topic I know)...

we have grasses growing in our ditches that can produce ethanol at 5:1 ratio (acres) over corn. free energy, in the ditch.

:)

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 06:11 PM
So they print money.. and interest rates in the market adjust accordingly to inflation? I'm assuming high rates are a product of high inflation, and only help out lenders, whilst debtors are screwed by inflation and the subsequent high interest rates?

That's a good way of putting it. It's the first "users" of the counterfeit money that benefit, the guy at the lower end of it starts getting the shaft.

But, it is a dangerous game, so they can't go crazy and print too much money too fast, so they look for foreign lenders.

MsDoodahs
08-06-2007, 06:40 PM
It's the first "users" of the counterfeit money that benefit, the guy at the lower end of it starts getting the shaft.

And by participating in the stock market, you're in there with the first "users."

It offsets some of the shaft that hits at the lower end.

Also, borrowers like inflation! Because they borrow to buy a tangilbe asset and are paying it back with inflated dollrs which are worth less.

For the little guy to own a home or become a real estate investor - is to be his own private equity, leveraged buyout giant.

Many many years ago when I was very young, a friend of my father's said this to me: "A dollar in your hand today is worth more than a dollar will be that you get later on."

It was not until I started reading the Austrian econ stuff that I understood what he meant by that...

RIP, Mr. Dan....

Brian4Liberty
08-06-2007, 11:29 PM
In addition to Cramer calling for a Federal Reserve bail-out of Wall Street criminals, Bob Brinker called for the exact same thing on his Money Talk show this weekend. Basically calling for the Fed to reduce rates to save their butts.

Guess we'll see what the Fed does on Tuesday...

MozoVote
08-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Check out the latest Businessweek cover: "Bonfire of the Builders"

http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/

MozoVote
09-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Here is the Cramer remix!

http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/files/crystal_method_right_here_right_now_bill_poole_no_ idea_mix.mp3

RP4ME
09-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah - cutting interest rates and printing money is a bandaid fix and we will pay for that in inflation and when we have thsi recession we will get better yet - stagflation. Ouch! I dont feel sorry for wall streeters - they have made plenty...we need to get back to sound policy so all can keep jobs and we dont make serfs out of teh middle class no mo.