PDA

View Full Version : Where are the remaining 90k donors from last quarter???

dante
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
So far this quarter we've had just over 44,000 donors... of which about 12-15k are new based upon average new donors per day.

Last quarter we had over 130k donors... this means that there are about 100k people who donated last quarter who have yet to do so this quarter. They obviously all aren't maxed out. So the question is where are they? And why haven't they donated??? If we could just get $51 from each of them we would have the $5 million we need to meet the Super Tuesday goal.

Thoughts???

FSP-Rebel
01-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Only the core keeps donating over and over... Most people will donate once and think they're all set. Even RP supporters don't live and breathe everything. With the economy the way it is, don't expect alot of the formers to participate. Like Adams said, it takes a small, tireless minority keen to setting brush fires in peoples' minds to initiate and secure liberty. Not the majority, whether in general or RP 'supporters.'

RobS
01-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Promote the heck out of the February 1st money bomb. Don't get disappointed by getting 2 million on the MLK day, we just haven't had the lead time to get those going.

romeshomey
01-28-2008, 11:53 PM
I donate every week and am broke as shit. I donate to Ron Paul before I pay the utility bills. I donate to Paul and run 2 months late on the mortage.

Screw the mortage and the utility bills, if Ron Paul doesn't win I'll end up living outside in a box anyways.

DahuiHeeNalu
01-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Ever think times are getting harder and some of us still have bills we try to donate when we can.

cheese
01-29-2008, 12:00 AM
you have to permeate beyond the forums... we have 15,000 forum members but 15,000,000 supporters nationwide. (not to mention 100,000 people who voted in early primaries for ron paul)

romeshomey
01-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Just look at it this way. You think your bills are bad now? Just think if one of the other candidates win the election.

Put the bills on hold, catch them back up after Ron Paul wins the election.

Mortage companies can't even afford to throw people out of their homes right now. We have whole areas of cities where people haven't paid their mortages in 8 months or more and the mortage companies can't get them out of the houses because they can't afford to take them to court and get a foreclosure done.

I was listening to a lady from Cleveland the other day talk about how she has no neighbors left and is one of the only people left on her street because all of their homes were foreclosed on, but she too hadn't paid her mortage in over 8 months or any utility bills and owed $26,000 for those 8 months she hasn't paid. She says the others should have just stayed in the homes because squatters are moving into them and they are also being robbed of everything in them. Not only that but the local businesses are going belly up because the people have left and there's no one shopping in their stores. A Giant Eagle which just opened 5 years ago is on the verge of closing because all of its customers are gone due to forclosure.

The mortage companies are finding out its better to leave the home owner in the home and try to get something worked out than it is to foreclose which costs them a ton of money and then the house ends up vandalized or robbed of all of its value.

Criminals look up forclosed homes online and goto them and strip them of their pipes, furnaces, wiring, appliances, and etc, and its creating a huge problem for mortage companies.

Trust me, right now, the last thing a mortage company wants to do is foreclose on someones house.

Go on eBay and look at all of the foreclosed homes on there that banks are left having to sell for a few thousand dollars after taking it. They don't even get what they paid in court costs for the foreclosure after they have to auction the house off.

Not to mention, if they do foreclose, you might be able to buy it back for just a fraction of the loan you took out to buy it in the first place.

For example, my home was purchased for $56,000, if the bank were to take it now and auction it off, they might get $5,000 for the house, and it would cost them a few thousands for court costs to foreclose.

They not only lose out on the $38,000 I still owe on the home, but also lose out on the $130,000 in interest they would get from me if they work something out with me to make payments.

These companies talk alot and threaten alot, but the last thing they really want to do is foreclose. They lose out more than the homeowner does.

If they foreclosed on me, I'd just turn around and buy another home that was foreclosed on for a fraction of what I owe on my house, and I'd pay cash and have no future mortage payments. So, either way, I win lol.

driller80545
01-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Don't worry, our wonderful government is going to borrow 150 billion from China and send you $800 and that will fix everything. (shit, I hope China doesn't decide to foreclose!)

romeshomey
01-29-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm sending my Chinese $800 to Ron Paul. Screw the mortage company. Like I said, if they want the house, they can take it. I'll gladly move and buy someone elses foreclosed house with cash for a fraction of what I owe on my current home.

driller80545
01-29-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm sending my Chinese $800 to Ron Paul. Screw the mortage company.

big bump:D

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-29-2008, 12:34 AM
The first two money bombs were better organized. We bombed myspace, facebook, etc.

We need to do that again.

EyesOfTime
01-29-2008, 12:50 AM
I donate every week and am broke as shit. I donate to Ron Paul before I pay the utility bills. I donate to Paul and run 2 months late on the mortage.

Screw the mortage and the utility bills, if Ron Paul doesn't win I'll end up living outside in a box anyways.

this is exactly my situation as well (i rent though).
people need to give till it hurts, and then give some more.

dante
01-29-2008, 08:09 AM
bump for the day crowd

NinjaPirate
01-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Couldn't afford to donate when I did, and REALLY can't afford to donate now. I'm all tapped out...being a poor college student/part-time worker and all. :( I will continue to support the Good Doctor in other ways though. If my montly income receives a nice boost, my wallet will probably loosen up again. :)