PDA

View Full Version : Target: Chinese Voters

roshi
01-28-2008, 11:23 PM
In most major cities there should be a Chinatown. Chinatown is great and all, but most Chinese people are undecided as far as candidates go. I understand there is a huge population of Chinese people in California and in many other major cities. These undecided people may be key to our victory.

So here's the plan, take advantage of this situation and get them to vote for Ron Paul.

Here are some materials:
Website: http://www.chineseforpaul.com/ (Targeted for Chicago, but can apply to most places)
Flier: http://www.chineseforpaul.com/flier-traditional.doc

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

TaiwanGuy
01-28-2008, 11:34 PM
did paul lose an election in 1984? i thought he decided not to run. the chinese flier says he lost.

roshi
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Paul served four terms in the House before running for the Senate and losing to Phil Gramm in 1984. He then ran for president on the Libertarian Party ticket in 1988. He lost after garnering 432,000 votes, but nonetheless established a foundation for the network of support he enjoys to this day.

So yes, he did lose an election in 1984.

TaiwanGuy
01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
oh, he ran for senate, but lost in the primary.

that flier, imo, focuses way to much on the story of paul's life. talks about each time he ran for office, when he won, when he lost. its not bad though. i wish it focused a little more on issues.

anyway, good find and lets get some chinese out to the california polls!

roshi
01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
oh, he ran for senate, but lost in the primary.

that flier, imo, focuses way to much on the story of paul's life. talks about each time he ran for office, when he won, when he lost. its not bad though. i wish it focused a little more on issues.

anyway, good find and lets get some chinese out to the california polls!

I'm not exactly sure what the issues of the elderly Chinese people are. I know what issues affect my own Chinese family though, so I just put those in there.

Here's the thing, Ron paul is a mystery man in the Chinese community. We need some background info on him.

TaiwanGuy
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm not exactly sure what the issues of the elderly Chinese people are. I know what issues affect my own Chinese family though, so I just put those in there.

Here's the thing, Ron paul is a mystery man in the Chinese community. We need some background info on him.

did you write it?

are you the guy in the youtube video?

roshi
01-29-2008, 06:38 AM
No, I wrote the original in English, got my friend to translate it, and someone else did the video.

libertarian4321
01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
In most major cities there should be a Chinatown. Chinatown is great and all, but most Chinese people are undecided as far as candidates go.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

Why would Chinese Americans be any more undecided than Americans in general?

Anyway, my wife is Chinese American, and she thinks Ron Paul rules- see, the conversion process is already working :)

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-29-2008, 12:36 PM
could help with this

roshi
01-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Why would Chinese Americans be any more undecided than Americans in general?

Anyway, my wife is Chinese American, and she thinks Ron Paul rules- see, the conversion process is already working :)

Well I'm talking about those that immigrated here and barely know Chinese.

freedom-maniac
01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
So yes, he did lose an election in 1984.

Of course, it was "1984

Patriot0811
01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm chinese, and my family is a stereotypical "chinese restaurant" family:D. I'd say, in order to really appeal to chinese americans, you need to stress these two main points.

1. Abolition of the income tax
2. Less government interference in their lives (we left china to come here for a reason)

youll scare the crap out of them, when you tell them that the US government is quickly becoming like the chinese government.

railcgun
01-29-2008, 04:53 PM
You can also touch on these following points:

Legal immigration (my parents are very, very upset with illegal immigration and how its hard for chinese to immigrate as a result)
No tax on tips
No tax on income tax
No IRS (biggy biggy biggy)
Reduce CIA and FBI
No sales tax
No Affirmative Action (huge biggy)
He's a Doctor (MD) from DUKE Medical School(this is pretty big for asians, we're very meritocracy based)

The asian population is a very untargeted block of voters (i think 4.4% of people). By targeting them on a local level, it's possible to gain a large section of voters that politicians usually ignore. I personally feel that Ron Paul will be able to gain a large portion of the asian vote because of these policies.