PDA

View Full Version : I messed up

gpickett00
01-28-2008, 11:17 PM
I messed up here in FL. Try to take something away from my mistake.

I learned about Ron Paul in May '07 while studying abroad and was extremely enthusiastic about his shot at the presidency. Along with a lot of you guys, I complained about the debates and always talked about how great Ron Paul would do without putting enough effort on my end.

Until the last few weeks I hadn't put out a genuinely huge effort to help out Dr. Paul. Recently I have set up tables at my campus promoting him, worn RP shirts 2x per week, made a big effort to get my friends to vote for him and just today made a lot of phone calls to Floridians.

My huge mistake was never looking further into the materials provided for precinct leaders. Just now I am realizing what I could have been doing, even by myself and I really feel awful that I didn't do everything I could to help out the good doctor.

From here, tomorrow I will be at the polls from 7 a.m to 1 p.m. and will do my best to spread the word. Saturday some college students will be phone banking calling some super Tuesday states.

I genuinely hope that at least one person reads this and looks further into what it takes to be a good precinct leader and follows through. Ron Paul is hope and hope to me would be Ron Paul giving me another chance by:

1. Winning the nomination so I can do everything in FL that I can for the General election.

2. Seeking the presidency as a 3rd party if he doesn't win so I can do everything in FL that I can for the General election.

Cinderella
01-28-2008, 11:20 PM
at least u did something....Dr. Paul would be proud and thankful....

Dorfsmith
01-28-2008, 11:20 PM
at least u did something....Dr. Paul would be proud and thankful....

X2

You are a patriot :cool:

Joe3113
01-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Chill dude. Florida wasn't looking good anyway.

Just keep going in case we go 3rd party.

Carson
01-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Wow!

I'm under the impression you are in a tough place to get anything done with the voting process. I get the feeling the tally is a political decision and not one that is decided by an honest tally of the ballets cast.

Still the Ron Paul platform is a good message. He supports, We the People, the United States Constitution, the rule of law, and the Founding Fathers. It is an important message that will hopefully out last all of us and serve us as it did the founders.

Sorry about bringing up your voting problems of the past. The open discussions on them may have helped our voting process in Alameda County California.
This year we should have a paper trail for our ballets. That still doesn't guarantee they will be tallied honestly. It is a step in the right direction.

Good luck with your work. Your in the caliber of the men and women that have stood up for America before.