PDA

View Full Version : Success Story from Little Rock

zakkubin
01-28-2008, 11:11 PM
At 5pm today my local meetup group organized about 25 people to do the standard sign waving.

We took over a very busy intersection that the evening traffic is bottle necked through. ( 5 lanes )

The effective part: Rather than just waving signs we carried hundreds of misc. slim Jims with us. When the light was red we all ran out and took literature to a vehicle of our choosing. So the fun part was converting someone in 30 seconds! When the cross walk started blinking it was our cue to run to the other traffic light that was about to turn red. ( repeated for 3 hours )

Mall security tried to run us off their grass but we defeated them...

To top things off a state police officer showed up and just asked us to be careful and stayed to keep an eye on us. ( He will be voting Paul )

As far as the 30 second conversion it was only the people that openly stated support for another candidate. I just gambled with the Hillary people and said, "you know she voted for the war right" many had no idea. With Obama people I brought up the REAL ID issue & Patriot Act, Huck- 45% tax increase, McCain- No explanation to fund war.

Anyways I'm sure this has been done but just wanted to share our success tonight.

P.S. the local news showed up to film some of it.

P.P.S. many said they were already voting Paul. For these people we placed a bumper sticker on their car. ( with their permission of course )

P.P.P.S. The trick is to target the high success vehicles first. ( people you can tell will probably talk to you ) If the cars behind these see their fellow citizens accepting the information they are much more apt to take it. The key to this is to bring GIRLS/WOMEN. Send them to the guys and they literally role the window down before they realize they are even offering literature.
:)

Cinderella
01-28-2008, 11:13 PM
thats awsome!!!

FSP-Rebel
01-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Great job yall. Sounds good

Janet0116
01-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Way to go Zak! Wish I could have joined you guys, I'm home with a kid with, of all things, scarlet fever! So glad y'all were able to get a good showing on such short notice. Little Rock ROCKS

nate895
01-28-2008, 11:17 PM
That made me feel good.

If Ron Paul wins Arkansas, Huckleberry is out, and we could take his votes.

We might wind up being the beneficiary of the "anybody but" vote.

JAHOGS
01-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Good jobs guys. We also now have the campaign putting ads on our local t.v. Saw my first t.v. here in Maumelle on channel 4. Also heard they are showing up on 7 and 11. Can't wait to vote next Tuesday.

wecandoit
01-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Fan-Freakin-Tastic man!

TV ads for RP started in central Arkansas today too, really fired me up when I happened across one.

Woo Pig Sooie and lets win the natural state for Paul!

zakkubin
01-28-2008, 11:33 PM
If Mike dropped out we would seriously be in contention to win. There was a ton of Fred Thompson support here that is now translating into Paul supporters.

Unfortunately, I do not see this happening... But we can still get some much needed delegates.

RPfan
01-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Great Story!

cputter
01-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Brilliant work!