PDA

View Full Version : Help get Ron Paul on 60 Minutes

Paul4Prez
08-03-2007, 08:08 PM
It's still a popular show, and watched by a lot of older Americans who probably haven't heard of Ron Paul. Here's the email address:

60m@cbsnews.com

Ross Perot's campaign took off after he appeared on 60 Minutes. I think Ron Paul would have similar appeal as a Washington outsider with unquestioned integrity.

Jive Dadson
08-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Sixty Minutes is ambush journalism. If they want someone to look bad, he has no chance in the editing room. He's going to look like a weasel. Period. Many an interviewee has gone in thinking he could beat them at their own game. It cannot be done.

A couple of months ago, Tim Russert promised to interview any presidential candidate on Meet the Press, and give him a full hour. A few days later he reneged. He said he only meant "serious" candidates. I and probably a lot of others had written asking when Ron Paul's invitation could be expected.

I have written every week or two since then. No answer, naturally.

Paul4Prez
08-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Sixty Minutes is ambush journalism. If they want someone to look bad, he has no chance in the editing room. He's going to look like a weasel. Period. Many an interviewee has gone in thinking he could beat them at their own game. It cannot be done.

I wouldn't be so sure, after seeing Dr. Paul turn the tables on Neil Cavuto on Fox when they tried to ambush him on the tax protester issue...

Mr. Cavuto said we couldn't afford to pay Congressmen, or build the Capitol building for them without the income tax. Dr. Paul pointed out that the Capitol building was built entirely without the income tax, long before it was enacted.

ty1er
08-04-2007, 12:49 AM
There runs a risk of being attacked on any mainstream media. I'm confident Ron Paul can battle any of these attacks. Ron needs mainstream publicity period. Email sent:

Hey,

My name is Tyler W. and I watch 60 minutes religiously. I love the show, and have a suggestion for a possible guest. I have seen banners, signs, and stickers across my city asking, "Who is Ron Paul?". Please consider interviewing presidential candidate Ron Paul, and answering the question that everyone is asking: Who is Ron Paul?

Thanks for your time,

Tyler W.

Akus
08-04-2007, 01:46 AM
sent.

With your very verbage, ty1er:D

Richard in Austin
08-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Email sent.

Keith
08-04-2007, 01:16 PM
E-mail sent. I think he is ready for any ambush they might have waiting.

J4ck
08-14-2007, 02:11 AM
sent

jorger
08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
sent, no one can "ambush" the Good Doctor.

He has The Constitution on his side.

Jive Dadson
08-15-2007, 03:47 AM
E-mail sent. I think he is ready for any ambush they might have waiting.

No way. He who controls the editing machine controls the perception. Take it from a guy who once interviewed every gubernatorial candidate in Texas. If it ain't recorded live and left untouched, you can make anyone look like a moron. Anyone.

Jared
08-19-2007, 08:51 PM
E-mail sent. :cool:

devil21
08-19-2007, 10:09 PM
We're already the "long shot" so whats to lose? Dr. Paul has no skeletons in his closet. Email sent.

Brasil Branco
08-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Haha, well- it was a good bump.

Email sent as well.

Jive Dadson
08-25-2007, 10:57 PM
I have known two guys who went on 60 Minutes, thinking they could give an interview that the editors could not manipulate into making them look terrible. One only wrecked his career. The other wound up in prison. (I met him after he was already sentenced, and had a week to report to the slammer.)

The other fellow was a college professor. He had the habit of thinking carefully before speaking. The editors spliced it up so it looked like every question had him scrambling for an evasive answer.

All that was decades ago.

RonPaulalways
08-26-2007, 08:26 AM
At this point I think the risks of him being made to look bad on 60 minutes are outweighed by the potential rewards of mainstream exposure.

Sent.

maggiebott
08-26-2007, 08:37 AM
sent...if they try to make him look bad or foolish, it will backfire on them.

RockEnds
08-26-2007, 08:44 AM
You guys are scaring me! My son's unit was just interviewed by 60 minutes Friday. He said once during the day, he turned around and a camera was right in his face. I'm going to be so not happy if they make make him look like a jack!!!