PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early/late for "Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul" bumper stickers?

housebrand
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I was listening to NPR today and heard lengthy jabbering about Obama/Clinton, and the importance of her femininity - Obama's being anointed as the enchanting new JFK... Blah, Blah, Blah. Nothing about the issues, like they were electing a therapist!

I was reminded of the snotty "don't blame me, I voted for (insert loser)" bumper stickers that we all see when the chips are down on a current administration.

The "I voted for Gore" stickers have wide, well understood meanings that I think even people who didn't vote Gore (or Kerry) understand very plainly.

These kind of statements are annoying so far after the fact, but placed in advance of the events may encourage some thinking beyond the platitudes of the other candidates/media where it counts- toward the future.

Kind of a "Christmas past/ Christmas future" thing.

Thoughts?

hillertexas
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
great idea.

but too soon

PRIEST
01-28-2008, 08:59 PM
It's not too soon at all. I'd love to display one of those.

Gives the impression that no matter who wins, if it's not Ron Paul, the nation will regret it.

Eponym_mi
01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes, the Michigan primary is over, so, that sticker would work for me!

jasonjasonjason1
01-28-2008, 09:06 PM
aa

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 09:08 PM
It's unconventional, just like everything else we've done so why not? I think it's a great idea!

nodope0695
01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Its a little too soon, but I'll buy a few should it be nessessary

JimInNY
01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
It should also have the following disclaimer underneath:

(I also bought lots of guns.)

crink
01-28-2008, 09:18 PM
It's CRAZY!

so crazy.... it just might work!

housebrand
01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
My point was that such a snotty bumper sticker may actually be encouraging PRIOR to an election, rather than being useless and snide when it's over.

"What do they mean votED for, is the election over already?"
"What would I blame this person for?"
"What can't I blame this person for?"
"Who is this Ron Paul that I still hear about in the news sometimes?"
"I'm confused, but slightly curious."

Energy
01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Saboteur? Trying to engender a defeatist attitude? This is a distraction and will enforce a self-fulfilling prophecy. I understand the thought behind this, but let's keep the eyes on the ball.

Dave39168
01-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I personally don't like the "don't blame me..." stickers. IF we don't get Dr. Paul in office this time, its not hopeless. The movement will continue to spread. A sticker like that is kind of smart-ass sounding, like "well now look what you've done America! We're in this pile of crap that we can't get out of!" I don't think that negativity is the way to go. If you wanna keep pushing RP after the election leave your "RP2008" and "RP hope for america" stickers on your cars. I know mine is going to stay on there for a long time. But we need to make sure and convey a positive message, because if we lose this year, then we will have to work and convert more and more people. People will not be converted with negativity. Instead, a good level conversation about the issues is much more important than a sarcastic bumper sticker.

pinkmandy
01-28-2008, 10:12 PM
I agree it could be self fulfilling. Maybe make it more "now". You will never blame me, I've voting for Ron Paul.

Maybe that's dumb. I don't know. ;)

aroberso
01-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I like it. Just thought-provoking enough for a bumper sticker.

I will certainly put one on my car if things don't go as hoped. And I hope it does sound snotty then, 'cuz I'm gonna be mad as hell!

VoluntaryMan
01-28-2008, 10:16 PM
My point was that such a snotty bumper sticker may actually be encouraging PRIOR to an election, rather than being useless and snide when it's over.

"What do they mean votED for, is the election over already?"
"What would I blame this person for?"
"What can't I blame this person for?"
"Who is this Ron Paul that I still hear about in the news sometimes?"
"I'm confused, but slightly curious."

I like the idea. In fact, I've been thinking of putting a bumper sticker on my car that says, "FU! I'm voting for Ron Paul.":cool:

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm working on a bumper sticker now that is political...but I can't figure out what size CafePress's bumper stickers images are supposed to be.

jufreese
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I have an anyone but Hillary bumper sticker next to my RP sticker

Goldwater Conservative
01-28-2008, 10:38 PM
If Paul doesn't get the nomination and the Republican nominee doesn't win the general election, we should make bumper stickers that say "Too bad I voted for RON PAUL and not a 'WINNER' like [insert name of loser here]" and "Ron Paul COULDN'T win, but [insert loser's name] DIDN'T win"

richk
01-28-2008, 10:44 PM
It's not too soon at all. I'd love to display one of those.

Gives the impression that no matter who wins, if it's not Ron Paul, the nation will regret it.

I agree. Start printing these, I need a few. :D

crazyfingers
01-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Coincidentally I ordered this yesterday:

http://www.lpstuff.com/shop/images/uploads/bs_dontblame1.jpg

Still the defeatist nature of this thread is kind of ridiculous. Didn't you see Ron's email from earlier? He's in it to win.