PDA

View Full Version : FreedomWorks Straw Poll and Gaston County NC Update

BuddyRey
08-03-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.freedomworks.org/strawpoll/

The poll is now closed, but these numbers are incredible!!! Incidentally, I found this poll through the Gaston County, NC Republican Party, which, if I'm not mistaken, will be holding a straw poll next Monday, Aug. 13. Anyone have more info/confirmation about this event?

wtl
08-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Announcing a new event for The Triangle Ron Paul 2008 Meetup!

What: Gaston County Straw Poll

When: Monday, August 13, 3:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/52/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3355206

The Gaston County Republican Party Executive Committee will hold its next meeting on Monday, August 13th, at Alfred & Charlie's Barbecue House, 815 South New Hope Road, Gastonia, NC 28054. The meeting is at 7:00 pm, following an optional buffet dinner ($10) at 6:15 pm. Our guest speaker will be Mr. Bill Graham from Salisbury, NC. He is one of the Republican candidates for NC governor in 2008. We also plan to take a 'straw poll' of Republican candidates running for U.S. President, so come prepared to vote!

Looks like this would be about a 3 hour drive from RTP. I've listed the start time as 3pm so folks can factor drive time appropriately.

The goal for this event is to show the local Republican party what motivates folks to drive 3 hours to vote in a straw poll. It's not North Carolina barbeque, and it's certainly not leadership that encourages a Federal government to live beyond its means and mandate. It's a revolution recognizing a principled presidential candidate who respects the rule of law and the Constitution.

Thanks to Ray from Salisbury for letting us know about this event!

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/52/calendar/6122402/

BuddyRey
08-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the info!

MozoVote
08-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Heh, we might have more Paulites at this meeting than local GOP-ers. It was pointed out somewhere on here that the only reason Fred Thompson got 1st place in Georgetown SC - was because a local, respected Congressman asked the crowd to vote for Fred.

I wonder if we can pack the house and get 1st?

BuddyRey
08-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Heh, we might have more Paulites at this meeting than local GOP-ers. It was pointed out somewhere on here that the only reason Fred Thompson got 1st place in Georgetown SC - was because a local, respected Congressman asked the crowd to vote for Fred.

You bet we can! But we gotta start networking and getting the word out. This looks like a job for southeastern Meetup groups!

MozoVote
08-06-2007, 12:58 AM
The Triad and RTP groups are talking about coming up with people for the 13th. There's nothing on the Charlotte calendar yet, but since there is a meetup tonight I expect that will change.

Razmear
08-06-2007, 01:08 AM

Sorry, you made me gag when you called that RINO respected.

beermotor
08-06-2007, 04:52 AM

This is probably one of the ways we will propel him to a win. We need to take over the GOP. Shouldn't be too hard, their membership is pretty dismal this time around anyway.