PDA

View Full Version : Republican Jewish Coalition Excludes Ron Paul

RlxdN10sity
01-28-2008, 08:30 PM
This may be old news, but I thought you guys might like to see this email correspondence I was sent through my participation in another group. A Ron Paul supporter sent this email to the RJC and the response he got follows below.

Hi All,

I new to this forum. And I just had to tell you that I found the website "Jewsforpaul"

I wrote to The Republican Jewish Coalition and this what I said:

"The Republican Jewish Coalition has decided
to exclude Dr. Paul from their debate on October 16 in Washington, D.C. They have
excluded Dr. Paul simply because of his views on foreign policy."

Dear Sirs,

I read the above quote from the website,
jews4ronpaul.org. I am only sorry that I am too late with my request for you to reconsider
and have Dr. Paul as part of your debate.

I hope that if you plan to have another, that you would be so kind as to allow a very
intelligent and compassionate man attend and address the community. After all, we are
Americans and love Freedom...Freedom is his message.

Thank you Kindly,
Noa

AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I GOT:

Subject: Re:
To: noaemma@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 10:00 PM
Your note is respectful and deserves an honest reply.

I write only for myself, and do not wish to offend in
any way.

I have a feeling you and I probably agree on our love of the USA and commitment to first
principles of limited government. At first I was impressed by Dr. Paul, in terms of his
commitment to liberty and constitutionalism. I appreciated his support of limited
government.

Then I grew concerned at his leftist views on death
penalty, and his foreign policy isolationism and blame America first ideas. He has been
marginalized and shown off as ignorant in GOP debates regarding foreign policy and the
threats to the West from Jihad.

Now, it is apparent his writings and associations include many very negative opinions
about Jews and Israel. There is a lot there, and while I take it all with a grain of salt, some
Paulistians are not cool. I cannot make Paul responsible for his supporters, but it raises
concern. He was not invited to the RJC forum simply because we did not invite 2nd tier
candidates. We needed to give ample time to the major candidates.

We were advised in response that he would be winning primaries because he was well
funded and popular. Not true. His campaign has been a bust. Not just in terms of winning
votes, but on the fundamental issue of the day -- radical Islam. This is too bad. I applaud
citizens who were excited by Ron Paul commitment to conservative economic and free
market principles. But, he is a deeply flawed candidate. Try Wayne Root, Libertarian.
He is a great guy.

I THOUGHT that was just SO rude and even maliciously aggressive.

mexicanpizza
01-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Hmmm....I _wonder_ why that might me.... ??? ;)

Ayse
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a McCain fan.

kyleAF
01-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Ask him if he still thinks "He has been marginalized and shown off as ignorant in GOP debates regarding foreign policy and the threats to the West from Jihad."

The threat to the west right now is not Jihad. It's Keynes and his ilk.

The Soviet Union fell, not from nukes, but from bad fiscal policy and war deficit-spending. We will fall, not from nukes, but from bad fiscal policy and war deficit-spending... it's the mark of an empire or "superpower" in today's terminology.

The Soviet Union fell before us because they were a little farther along their path of bad fiscal policy (and they didn't have the "free" market engine behind them), but we were both on the same path, and we've refused to turn around.