PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul's arrival in Des Moines

John of Des Moines
08-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Dr. Paul is scheduled to arrive in Des Moines Airport at 10 p.m. tonight (Friday) on a United flight from Chicago. If you're in the area please be there.

Thanks
John

John of Des Moines
08-03-2007, 06:50 PM
PS: Saw McCain arriving at the airport tonight and he had zero friends to meet him. How sad.

SeanEdwards
08-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Great post. I hope a lot of Iowans show up to greet Dr. Paul.

Bring your camcorders! :D

Avalon
08-03-2007, 06:56 PM
PS: Saw McCain arriving at the airport tonight and he had zero friends to meet him. How sad.

Aww...you should have had him sign a cardboard tombstone or maybe one of those fake million dollar bills...I hope you at least tried to convince him to vote for Ron Paul.

Dustancostine
08-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Aww...you should have had him sign a cardboard tombstone or maybe one of those fake million dollar bills...I hope you at least tried to convince him to vote for Ron Paul.

It would have been sweet if you could have slipped him a slim jim.

Bossobass
08-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Unless he chartered an SST, how could he get there that quickly after tonight's rally in Pittsburgh :confused:

Bosso

Dustancostine
08-03-2007, 07:12 PM
He does get the benefit of crossing one time zone. So it will be 11pm Pitt time when he lands in Des Moines.

John of Des Moines
08-03-2007, 07:17 PM
It would have been sweet if you could have slipped him a slim jim.

Call me unprepared. He walked by me before I realized who he was. Did run out to the car and get literature after talking to real voters and handed-out a half a dozen.

Next time I'll have a couple of bumper stickers to slap on the cab his got in.

Natalie
08-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I switched my flight to arrive early tomorrow morning so I could meet him at the airport :(

jj111
08-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Is this being covered live on justin.tv?

Dave
08-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I think we should keep this low-key. If he's landing at 10 PM and the debate starts at 8 AM then he doesn't have much of an opportunity for rest. Let's just give him a quick welcome then let him get to his hotel - he'll be in Iowa a whole week so we'll have plenty of time for photos, etc.

We want him fresh Sunday morning!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-03-2007, 09:50 PM
One of you guys should act as enforcer, although maybe his campaign will do this too. If there are a couple people who refuse to let him go, don't be afraid to bare arms. (But please don't BEAR arms at the airport. RP doesn't need THAT kind of media.)

He DOES get energized from the supporters, but don't need him getting all excited and staying up until 3 in the morning. Get out there BEFORE the debate and get him energized. (I can see you all plugging your cell phone chargers into him.)

Easy for me to say since I won't be there. But I'm damn excited!