PDA

View Full Version : So who is actually watching the State of the Union?

jsu718
01-28-2008, 07:53 PM
And which of you is just looking for audience shots of Ron Paul?

HOLLYWOOD
01-28-2008, 08:16 PM
And which of you is just looking for audience shots of Ron Paul?

What for the body language of both parties... turn the audio off... it's all crap from the criminals anyway.

A. Havnes
01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
I'll probably look for youtube clips later. I'm so sick of hearing Bush speak, I don't think I can watch him any more. Granted, while I don't think Bush is as bad as everyone else says he is, he's set our country up for some rough times ahead of us, and now Ron Paul is our only hope.

PennCustom4RP
01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Not watching...already heard enough Bullshit today...

TexMac
01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
"So who is actually watching the State of the Union?"

Not me. They post some excerpts earlier on theCorner and it's the same old garbage as usual.

benny215
01-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Yea he got applause for a balanced budget by 2012???? How about a balanced budget in 2008? We are over 9.2 trillion dollars in debt, and adding 1.4 billion every day. We need one now

Anthony T
01-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Yes

sfws09
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
yes

..PAUL4PRES..
01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm watching. I dont know what to think about it...:confused:

devil21
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Im watching it. Amazing the things Bush says to applause. He talks about preserving all life then cheerleads killing a half million in Iraq. Talks about bad gas prices but then advocates "advancing liberty" in those same regions. Really pitiful how obvious the doubletalk is. I have yet to see RP but I doubt RP is even there. They've zoomed in on Obama and Hillary a few times already.

And he has such a SHIT EATING GRIN on his face. That smirk pisses me off. He knows exactly what he is doing and he's amazed at the bullshit coming out of his mouth.

devil21
01-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I doubt RP and McCain are there. There's campaigning to be done.

apc3161
01-28-2008, 09:07 PM
I watched it. I agree with a good amount of what he said. Unfortunately, as we know it is all rhetoric. His actions have contradicted a lot of what he said tonight.

Wendi
01-28-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't know what is more bewildering. The complete and utter delusional thoughts coming from our commander in chief, or the fact that the crowd is cheering him on?

maqsur
01-28-2008, 09:22 PM
More empty rhetoric, what a shock. :rolleyes: The most aggravating part was watching the legislators in the audience stand up every other sentence in lockstep with party lines.

For a guy who is about fiscal conservatism (and i'm going out on a limb here...), Bush sure put down a LOT of spending measures and proposals. And he wants to get rid of earmarks...

Sad, just sad.

Ryphal
01-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't know what is more bewildering. The complete and utter delusional thoughts coming from our commander in chief, or the fact that the crowd is cheering him on?

The crowd. It's typical that one man can be an idiot, but for a room full of people to cheer (and elect) an idiot... well, a great man once said, "Who is more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Cleaner44
01-28-2008, 09:25 PM
I noticed how it planted yet more seeds to ensure that the military industrial complex will continue to profit until we are completely bankrupt.

asterisk
01-28-2008, 09:57 PM
how can be possibly say we need to stick to the constitution then tell congress to extend his wiretaps?? every life is precious so restrictions on stem cell research, but it's okay that over a hundred thousand iraqi civilians have died. and how are we going to bring peace and freedom to the middle east by "protecting our vital interests in the persian gulf"???? this whole thing is unbelievably disgusting.
is there a stand and applause sign flashing every 10 seconds for these zombies, or are they trying to stop him from talking with all the clapping?

a memorable quote from an adam sandler movie comes to mind-

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

MN Patriot
01-28-2008, 10:09 PM
What does "protecting our vital interests in the persian gulf" really mean?

"Our" - the Establishment
"vital interests in the persian gulf" - big oil

The oil will still be there, no matter what regime controls the area. If we couldn't get our portion, just develop alternative sources of energy, like nuclear.

Somebody_Else
01-28-2008, 10:14 PM
I almost forgot about it, but I turned the TV on in time to watch the last 20 minutes or so.

What does "protecting our vital interests in the persian gulf" really mean?...

I was thinking the same thing. It creeps me out when I remember that I used to support this guy.

ionlyknowy
01-28-2008, 11:04 PM
the state of the union
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/01/20080128-13.wm.v.html

Danny Molina
01-29-2008, 05:32 AM
"North American Summit"

hmmmm

werdd
01-29-2008, 08:17 AM
i like his new acronym for the war on terror, the overwatch mission for peace or some shit, how orwellian.