PDA

View Full Version : Freeport - First in the State

Rangeley
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
My hometown, Freeport, is going to be holding its caucus on January 30th, two full days before the weekend when the rest of the caucuses are held. This seems pretty peculiar to me, but in any case, if I was going to bet I would say that the turnout is going to be very low due to the strange timing. I doubt anyone else here is from Freeport, but perhaps if you know anyone who does you should alert them to the early time. It presents a strange/unique opportunity, since the winner in Freeport will be in the lead for 2 whole days before the other people vote and get their results in.

Bilgefisher
01-28-2008, 08:28 PM
I suggest calling your state rep to find others like yourself. He can be found through the ronpaul2008 website.

CGMike
01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Well, actually Dennistown Plantation is first in the State (Tuesday the 29th at 6pm) though Freeport is certainly one of the largest towns in the state that goes early (Moose River, Thursday at 11:30am, is the other town that caucuses early as well) . I know that several of us are going to Freeport to observe and take notes on how the process works.

How many delegates do you have running up there in Freeport?

Rangeley
01-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I dont know, where could I find that information?

Xenophage
01-29-2008, 03:42 AM
I dont know, where could I find that information?

GO HERE IMMEDIATELY: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/maine/

you need to be in contact with your local campaign HQ and the meet-up groups.

There look to be three different national campaign headquarters in your state, in Portland, Bangor and Auburn. You can see their phone numbers and addresses right there on that website.

CGMike
01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Rangeley...

Call the Portland Office if you haven't done so already and talk to Norman or Forrest!

409-8969 or 699-2909

defe07
01-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Come on Freeport! Maine can be Paul's!