PDA

View Full Version : John McCain received EIGHTY FIVE TIMES more media than Dr Paul in the last week

lastnymleft
01-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Sickening as it is, it's true. You need to be reading this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100886

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Where is the ANGER, folks?? Get off your butt and DO something about this!

Mark
01-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Where is the ANGER, folks?? Get off your butt and DO something about this!

It seems like the disgust is only verbal - and not "actionable" for many.

I might have to call "foul" everytime someone complains about the media from now on.

newmedia4ron
01-29-2008, 12:28 AM
F*ck You Frank

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Welcome 2 Amerika

idrake
01-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Get off your butt and DO something about this!

Honestly, what? Time is better spent ignoring the media and canvasing by phone and/or by foot.

The media knows what they're doing. Now they just provoke us so we'll misdirect more energy towards them. They will not come around until we win. We win by taking the message to the people. One person at a time.

EvilEngineer
01-29-2008, 12:36 AM
I'd say what I have planed, but it would not be wise to do so... and it's against forum rules.

driller80545
01-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Why won't the media just black this out too. I think that the study proves that only the media itself can reach a high majority of the masses.

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Honestly, what? Time is better spent ignoring the media and canvasing by phone and/or by foot.

The media knows what they're doing. Now they just provoke us so we'll misdirect more energy towards them. They will not come around until we win. We win by taking the message to the people. One person at a time.

I'm not talking about fuzzy-benefit actions like boycotting. I'm talking about taking THIS data, and using it to expose the MSM. This information should be lighting up the blogosphere. Don't you realize how significant THIS is? We have a reputable media analytical organization producing reports saying that John McCain is receiving 85 times more coverage than Dr Paul, and that Dr Paul, despite polling 10-15% is receiving close to zero coverage. That's BLATANT! Take THIS info, and let's get some buzz happening.

This is past fuzzy bias. This is blatant, and deliberate subverting of an election. I want someone to pick up the baton and start organizing VERY SIGNIFICANT *NEWSWORTHY* protests out the front of certain MSM headquarters, and stay there until it is covered, and that station gives some coverage. Then move onto the next one. CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE! PROTEST!

This is not some hazy thing that's been hanging over our head for the last year; this is a definite decision in the last few weeks to totally starve the Paul campaign out of the campaign. This is happening NOW, we have to ACT.

Why not a bounty for *INTERNAL* information leading to the expose of what has happened? There must be Faux internal memos. What if we put together a chip-in to provide a bounty for a faux employee to anonymously provide proof of the decision and order?

Does 15-20% difference in the polls warrant an *85* times difference in coverage? That is totally unjustifiable. The American people still believe in a FAIR GO. 96% thought it was wrong to exclude him from the NH debate. So, let's get the story in front of them. How about a chip-in to take all this data and expose it to the people through paid adverts?

Something! Anything! THINK! SPEAK! ACT!

Help!

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Why won't the media just black this out too. I think that the study proves that only the media itself can reach a high majority of the masses.

Just $85,000 reached 2,000,000 people in a USA Today ad. They may be wilfully shutting us out, but they are obligated (and want) to take our money.

And what about the blogosphere? What have you done to spread this story? And what of LOCAL stations? Many of the local stations and small outlets have still been seen to be amenable to providing some coverage. We have to ALL act to get this out. The CFR/MSM is stealing the election before your very eyes. When will you act? After it's gone? Three years into a Hitlery Presidency? Or NOW, when we can still change the outcome?

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 12:52 AM

They steal cookies all the time, but this time, they've been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

driller80545
01-29-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't think that flooding the internet with this info will change anything. I think that most people on the internet are fully aware of the bias. But, taking it to the streets ala the vietnam war protests would attract attention if enough people actually participated. I'm game. I'll take it to the streets in protest, but we will need a lot of support to make any news.

driller80545
01-29-2008, 12:57 AM
To buy enough media exposure through the media to expose the media sounds expensive and illogical. Unless there is a billionaire out there somewhere that will ........

Mark
01-29-2008, 12:59 AM

Do you have ANY idea what Media coverage is worth in terms of money and people's perceptions?

A decent news story can reach MILLIONS of people and be worth TONS of money spent on advertising.

What people see on the news is what MANY of them believe.

It would HELP canvassing immeasurably if the people saw Ron on TV and in the paper press as much as they see everyone else.

Mark
01-29-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't think that flooding the internet with this info will change anything. I think that most people on the internet are fully aware of the bias. But, taking it to the streets ala the vietnam war protests would attract attention if enough people actually participated. I'm game. I'll take it to the streets in protest, but we will need a lot of support to make any news.

It's not just for the Internet.

The info can be used many ways - press releases, TV reports, pressure to get news stations to cover Ron.

And it's not just about Ron either, this bias has been going on a long time.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of having the media decide who we'll have a chance to vote for.

We have to change things EVERYWHERE in this new Revolution. Especially the media.

idrake
01-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Something! Anything! THINK! SPEAK! ACT!

Help!

I really like your energy and you're completely right about the media. The problem is that the media will not help you expose their own bias. Lighting up the blogosphere will only help get the word out online, and we already own that space.

However, if you show up at some one's door, knock on it, tell them all the great things about Ron Paul and ask what they care about this election year, you might have just won Ron a vote.

Canvasing is a clear action, it has a clear time frame, and canvasing has a proven track record of working. The MSM can't stop you from going door to door, but they can ignore you or paint your protest as childish, etc...

So, we are doing something, something that works. Become a precinct leader and vent your energy in a productive way.

idrake
01-29-2008, 01:39 AM
It's not just for the Internet.

The info can be used many ways - press releases, TV reports, pressure to get news stations to cover Ron.

And it's not just about Ron either, this bias has been going on a long time.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of having the media decide who we'll have a chance to vote for.

We have to change things EVERYWHERE in this new Revolution. Especially the media.

Sure, do a press release. If it's well written, it could really take off and only cost about $120 on PRWeb. There are no barriers to doing this, but on the other hand, no one may pick up the story at all.

"Verified: Study finds Media coverage is cause of candidate's surge"

Or something along those lines might grab some attention.

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 01:42 AM
I really like your energy and you're completely right about the media. The problem is that the media will not help you expose their own bias. Lighting up the blogosphere will only help get the word out online, and we already own that space.
And you don't think that getting this PROOF of how badly Dr Paul is getting shafted is going to do anything to electrify people to act, even to canvass more, or harder?

To suggest that we already own the blogosphere is naivete, in the extreme.
HUCKABEE is just about to outdo us in terms of web traffic: http://www.techpresident.com/scrape_plot/hitwise
We've dropped to THIRD behind McCain and Romney in terms of blogosphere chatter: http://www.techpresident.com/scrape_plot/technorati

But there are people of ALL political persuasions that actually care when elections are subverted, and people are genuinely not getting a fair go. This NEWS should excite them into discussing it, and at least asking a few questions about what is going on.

Double the poll numbers = 85 times the coverage? That is NEWS.

The MSM can't stop you from going door to door, but they can ignore you or paint your protest as childish, etc...
If we targeted, say, Faux, and did it in a NEWSWORTHY manner, then other networks may cover it. At least, we might get local coverage.
By your logic, why run ads at all?

So, we are doing something, something that works. Become a precinct leader and vent your energy in a productive way.
So have you stuck your hand up to help with my other project, aimed at accelerating the Precinct Leader rollout?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=102966

Mark
01-29-2008, 01:45 AM
I really like your energy and you're completely right about the media. The problem is that the media will not help you expose their own bias.

Thus.. NewPressTV.com - a NEW media outlet - not the old guard - a NEW source of news

The old Republican Party's not going to let you elect Ron either - but that doesn't stop you from canvassing does it?

We have to TAKE OVER. - EVERYTHING. This is a REVOLUTION. We have to TAKE CONTROL.

maghi85
01-29-2008, 01:51 AM
contact people who do get a chance to come on media and inform of them of this media bias... so that they can say it out on TV...
people like Peter Schiff or Pat Buchanan??!?!?!?!?

ClayTrainor
01-29-2008, 02:01 AM
I wonder how many times more hillary and obama got mention than Ron Paul ? :rolleyes:

lastnymleft
01-29-2008, 02:52 AM
I wonder how many times more hillary and obama got mention than Ron Paul ? :rolleyes:

" For the record, Barack Obama received TWO HUNDRED AND SEVEN TIMES more media coverage than Dr Paul in that week.
Hillary Clinton was close behind, receiving TWO HUNDRED AND TWO TIMES more media coverage than Dr Paul in that week. "

http://www.journalism.org/files/u26/race_for_media_Exposure_final_0.png

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9886/mediaexposurebycandidatnz7.jpg

Please review and get involved: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1104379#post1104379