PDA

View Full Version : Great article on Huckabee v Paul for Christians

Highstreet
01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Digg it:

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Who_Is_The_Real_Christian_Candidate_andrewpconnors _com

Of course, the Huckster is no atheist. But does he have the mark of a man who fears God? Is he humble, studious, and prudent? Do we have anything to fear from him? It cannot be said with confidence that the answers to these questions are known.

On the other hand, there is at least one man in the presidential race who does indeed fear God. A man of great humility and prudence. In fact, this man is a dedicated Christian: Dr. Ron Paul. Surprise!!! You probably have not heard much about the good Dr’s faith. Perhaps word of Ron Paul’s faith has not reached many because of the media’s campaign to blacklist him (the New Hampshire Fox News presidential debate comes to mind). The primary reason, however, you have not heard about Ron Paul’s faith is because, unlike the Huckster, Dr. Paul approaches his relationship with Christ from a humble posture.

The Huckster brags about his spirituality. As a result, he is heralded and hoisted up by the evangelical mainstream as a man worthy of praise. Whereas, Ron Paul keeps his faith close to his chest–in his heart, in fact. And what does he get in return: mocked at the debates (if not banned altogether), rejected by the greater Christian community, abused by the establishment of his own party. Yet, somehow, his message shines through to a small and dedicated minority. Does Ron Paul’s plight sound familiar to anyone? Think about it.

So I ask: who is the real Christian candidate?

For more information on Dr. Ron Paul and his genuine Christian faith go here.

Pass it on....

Geronimo
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Dugg

Highstreet
01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
bUMP

Highstreet
01-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Please help digg this even if you aren't a Christian.

We need to start stealing Huck's supporters because he will be out of the competition soon.

burningfur
01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
good points/bump

luaPnoR
01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
bump

Paul Revered
01-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I am heavily involved in the religion forum on MySpace. I also am the Moderator for a Christian group on Myspace. Although this might make a nice counter argument for someone who questions Ron Paul's faith; it does not make a good argument. Christians may be put off by this post, as only God knows what is in the hearts of men. I would not initiate the first strike with this statement.

literatim
01-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I really doubt Huck supporters read Digg.

ladyliberty
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/229/story_22909_1.html

I liked this article better - it was a link from the other article.