PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republican Secures Nomination for Congress, Needs Funding

skiingff
01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Richard Matthews has secured the Republican nomination for Congress. He's running to unseat Democrat Dutch Ruppersberger in the general election.

The Ron Paul grassroots has launched a fundraising initiative for Matthews, to raise $75,000 for his campaign between now and Feb. 12. $75,000 is an amount equal to what Matthews opponent, Rep. Ruppersberger, has raised so far from defense contractors alone. Ruppersberger has raised $320,000 overall, 65% of which is from corporations and other special interests, and has $480,000 cash on hand.

We need to get the money to the Matthews campaign within the next two weeks, because when he "officially" receives the Republican nomination (he's the only candidate that filed), we need endorsements and campaign funds ready to go for a major press release and interviews we're setting up.

Please donate today!!!

http://matthews08.chipin.com/

More information:
http://www.gazette.net/stories/121407/polinew51833_32363.shtml
http://www.politickermd.com/ron-paul-supporter-challenges-ruppersberger-182
http://www.richardmatthews.org/

AFM
01-28-2008, 06:48 PM
For Liberty!!!!!!!

yongrel
01-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I've emailed this to about 200 folks. I can't donate right now, but hopefully they can.

-lotus-
01-28-2008, 06:50 PM
awesome..it begins here with all of us. im honored to begin this with all of you!

abc123
01-28-2008, 06:52 PM
You just paid without exposing your financial information.

Receipt ID: 9P653164CD437252M
An email with your order summary has been sent to xxx
Your order is being shipped to
xxx
Merchant Contact Information
Richard Matthews for Congress
donations@richardmatthews.org
443-305-2713

JoshLowry
01-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Get that website updated Rich!

skiingff
01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Get that website updated Rich!

He's working on it, it should be uploaded by the end of the night

roversaurus
01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
This guy needs to publicly and vocally endorse Ron Paul
And Ron Paul needs to endorse him.

When I see both of those then I will consider giving him money.

His endorsement of Ron Paul is the "price" he has to pay.

Dr Paul's endorsement lets us know that he is worth
supporting.

LynnB
01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Bump

Flash
01-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I'll donate to him.

specsaregood
01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Dr Paul's endorsement lets us know that he is worth
supporting.

My understanding is that Ron Paul very rarely gives out endorsements anymore.
Evidently he has endorsed people in the past and too many times they have gotten to D.C. and changed their tune and let him down. That is what I have heard...

abc123
01-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I donated what I could. Who can match my $5?

abc123
01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Bump for Maryland
http://matthews08.chipin.com/

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Please remember that there are roughly 32 people running for Congress that follow Ron Paul's principles and platform. They could all use help.

In Maryland we have 8 of them, trying for 7 house seats. Unfortunately, much of the efforts seem to be getting sidetracked to getting them elected and away from the Ron Paul campaign.

Our number one priority needs to be getting Dr. Paul in the White house. Focus on that goal. Paul needs our donations and out efforts right now, more than anyone else. Lets donate to the official campaign between now and Super Tuesday. Paul needs it more.

by comparison, MD has 6 Million people - 1/50th of the population of the USA. 75,000 x 50 = $3,750,000 (scaled to a national level). That's for one congressional candidate. There are 32 of them. If they all try and raise that much, that would be $2,400,000 coming from the grassroots - and the official campaign has raised about 34 Million total over a year? These guys can learn to be frugal - like Paul.

-n

malkusm
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Go Maryland! If I wasn't such a poor college student I'd donate something. I'm hoping my absentee vote for Arminio in District 1 makes a difference, but that's a tough race - 5 Republicans running for that seat. Whoever gets it in the primary is pretty much guaranteed to beat the Dem though. Unfortunately Gilchrest has been in there for like 8 thousand years, and I saw a lot of Harris signs also...

abc123
01-28-2008, 08:09 PM
This guy's at $45, that won't even get him a nice site, much less hosting for a year. Keep donating people!

jasonjasonjason1
01-28-2008, 08:34 PM
aa

imaginegirl
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
50FORPAUL!!

I'm a graphic artist & just cleared this with my accountant. :) I'm willing to discount my services for creating flyers, brochures, etc 50% Off to anyone running for public office on Dr. Paul's principles. Here's the terms:

1. Must be a strong, vocal, Ron Paul supporter
2. Literature must contain 100% constitutional message (anything from RP's campaign is good)
3. All text & photos must be provided. I won't write the message; you must write it. That way I see you're actually standing on Ron Paul principles.
4. A high-resolution file will be sent to you for printing with your printer of choice. Please let me know if the literature will be professionally printed or printed on a "photocopier" or printer in your home, as that will determine the margins of the design.

Our website is undergoing a revamp & should be up with pricing this next week or so. This will be an ongoing deal for anyone running for office within the next year or so. Reference "50FORPAUL" in your communication to me so I'll know what it's for.

Our current website (being updated): http://www.artsimagine.com Check back around next week for the Graphic Design section with pricing, etc.

I may not be able to run for office myself, but I can sure help get enough people in to change this country around for the better!

tekkierich
01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Thank-you. I publicly and proudly endorse Ron Paul. I have been for the last 6 months :-)

The website will be better tonight.

Check my posts on this board. I have worked my tail off for Paul in Maryland and did 5 days of OLFOD with 3 others from Maryland.

I am just starting to crank up the congressional run, but am organizing for Paul through the primary.
I have organized the Anne Arundel County Ron Paul Meetup for the last six or so months.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/214/

UziSprayTF
01-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Thank-you. I publicly and proudly endorse Ron Paul. I have been for the last 6 months :-)

I wish I was in America right now! I will be moving to Texas (hopefully) in May. Though I can't legally give you money, is there anything else a future American can do?

UziSprayTF
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh I just thought of something! I can help to rework your website if you want! I think I can do it for free legally :) Let me know!

tekkierich
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Also note my inclusion as an authorized delegate for Ron Paul at:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/maryland/list-of-delegates-alternates/

tekkierich
01-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh I just thought of something! I can help to rework your website if you want! I think I can do it for free legally :) Let me know!

Thank-you. I will have something better uploaded very shortly however. My programmer buddy has been working on a customized CMS for me for a while.

abc123
01-28-2008, 09:00 PM

The website will be better tonight.

Check my posts on this board. I have worked my tail off for Paul in Maryland and did 5 days of OLFOD with 3 others from Maryland.

I am just starting to crank up the congressional run, but am organizing for Paul through the primary.
I have organized the Anne Arundel County Ron Paul Meetup for the last six or so months.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/214/

Way to go!!!!!

I feel everyone needs to get behind you.

Ruppersberger voted for the Iraq war and the Patriot Act, he has no chance!!! He just accepts special interest money and raises taxes

With the proper attack ads, he's dead... And then TWO Ron paul's in congress!!!

abc123
01-28-2008, 09:17 PM
bump

dvictr
01-28-2008, 09:29 PM
bump this guy

get this guy in!

-

dill0n
01-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Sir, my parents are ardent Republicans, whether they fully support Ron Paul or not, and I'm letting you know, they'll be voting for you in Maryland's 2nd congressional district this year, seeing as how they have nobody else to vote for. :rolleyes:

My Dad has personally said he's never voted for Ruppersburger and he never plans to.

Best of luck.

itshappening
01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
can you beat this Democrat Rich? it sounds difficult but good luck

BUMP!

abc123
01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
can you beat this Democrat Rich? it sounds difficult but good luck

BUMP!

With enough money to run attack ads, anything is possible ;)

This is politics

itshappening
01-28-2008, 09:41 PM
ok =]

Richie
01-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I've met Rich personally and wish him the best of luck! I'm in the third district, so it's Christopher Panasuk for me.

CUnknown
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Even if Ron Paul would prefer not to endorse anyone (for good reasons, apparently), I know that I personally would be way more inclined to vote for someone if they publically endorsed Ron Paul (and if they posted on this site it would be a plus as well!).

We need to keep this movement going (thinking to future years here), with us all donating and voting together as a solid block of Ron Paul Power.

tekkierich
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM
The site is updated. There are a few glitches that are being worked out tomorrow, but at least it is not as ugly as it was.

Thanks for the support folks.

mrchubbs
01-29-2008, 06:14 AM
Hear me out...

I don't think it is necessary for any candidate to publicly endorse Ron Paul to gain my support. The issues speak for themselves. In fact, as much as I hate to admit it, it may be a "bad" thing to publicly endorse Ron Paul at this point (in GOP minds).

I think any candidate should be able to "privately" endorse Paul either through posting on here or giving some other evidence such as being an active member of a Ron Paul meetup.

Just a thought.

qwerty
01-29-2008, 06:16 AM
BUMP!

Visit this thread too!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104208

:cool: